+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Time Landing

KSA99

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi PMM,

We got FSW visa and planning to land next month at Toronto. This going to be our first Landing in canada. Due to kids education schedule, we will stay in canada for only 4-5 weeks and will come back. I have few things to ask you:

1. What is the procedure after landing at airport as a new immigrant? Do we need to fill any form etc?

2. Do I need to bring Cash or Bank Draft equal to the amount which I mentioned in my immigration application? Can I bring the money later when we move there permanently? Do I need to declare that this much money and other items I bring later? Is there any particular forms I need to fill?

3. What documents we have to bring with us beside passports when landing first time?

Please reply me soon.

Regards.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (Processed in BIQ Hong Kong)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2006 for Québec and 13-08-2008 for Federal
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
14-08-2008 as per CSQ received on 28-05-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
21-06-2007 in BIQ Hong Kong Waived for Singapore
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
Hello KSA99;

Let us congratulate you and your family first. Well, please find the answers of yur queries, [which are all mentioned in the manual] in NAVY.

KSA99 said:
Hi PMM,

We got FSW visa and planning to land next month at Toronto. This going to be our first Landing in canada. Due to kids education schedule, we will stay in canada for only 4-5 weeks and will come back. I have few things to ask you:

1. What is the procedure after landing at airport as a new immigrant? Do we need to fill any form etc?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/guide/section-03.asp

2. Do I need to bring Cash or Bank Draft equal to the amount which I mentioned in my immigration application? Can I bring the money later when we move there permanently? Do I need to declare that this much money and other items I bring later? Is there any particular forms I need to fill?

Yes, and usually you are not allowed to bring the money later.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/guide/section-03.asp#s2

3. What documents we have to bring with us beside passports when landing first time?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/guide/section-02.asp#s1

Please reply me soon.

Regards.
Good-luck! If I have missed to mention anything; Seniors please advise.

Thank you.

KSA99

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi Sohel09,

Thanks for prompt reply. Regarding your reply to point #2 (about funds), I came to know that I just need to give them prove (bank statements etc) that I have this much funds which I will bring later. Some people says, no need to bring my all funds if I am going there just to complete landing formalities. Is it true?

Need you guys reply soon.

Regard.

KSA99

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi PMM and Seniors,

I am waiting for your reply regarding my following point.

Please reply me soon.

Regard.

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi KSA

Congrats 4 PR visa to Canada.I think it is sufficient if you show the fund availability through documentary evidence, eg, bank statements - here is the relevant link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arriving.asp

Again if i were you, i would have converted the required funds in to CAD Demand Draft/ Travellers Cheques and as cash to avoid any form of confusion. Please also wait for more expert opinion from seniors before making a decision. Thank you and good luck

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (Processed in BIQ Hong Kong)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2006 for Québec and 13-08-2008 for Federal
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
14-08-2008 as per CSQ received on 28-05-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
21-06-2007 in BIQ Hong Kong Waived for Singapore
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
Nit4canada said:
Hi KSA

Congrats 4 PR visa to Canada.I think it is sufficient if you show the fund availability through documentary evidence, eg, bank statements - here is the relevant link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arriving.asp

Again if i were you, i would have converted the required funds in to CAD Demand Draft/ Travellers Cheques and as cash to avoid any form of confusion. Please also wait for more expert opinion from seniors before making a decision. Thank you and good luck
KSA99 said:
Hi,

Come on seniors, I am waiting for you guys to reply and advice to me.

Regard.
Hello KSA99;

I earn my knowledge from the manuals mostly. You may make a different thread if you like, mentioning a few names of the super seniors to answer your queries. Special thanks to Nit4canada for your reference.

Good-luck!

KSA99

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi Sohel09,

Thank you for your reply and sending me the web link for more info. I think documentry prove would be enough to submit as I will bring my funds later once move there on permanent basis. One more thing, landing fees which I have already sent to them is refundable or non-refundable? If refundable then how to claim it?

Please reply me soon.

Regard

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
Hi KSA99,

congratulations on your PR approval.

I just landed in Toronto a few weeks ago, so I l guess I can answer your questions from my recent experience.

I landed at the border, however, I believe the process is similar to the airport.
Besides your passport, make sure you have:
* your COPR for each family member,
* your B4 form (list of goods you are bringing) & B4A form (list of goods to follow),
* your bank statement(s) showing your funds
* If you bring cash over $10,000 then you'll have to declare it on a form
- I'll advise you not to carry that much cash! Just bring enough for your trip.
- the total of your cash and bank statements must be over the amount you are required to have.

The landing process is a straight forward process, so get all your documents together and happy landing!!