+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find available Jobs in Canada

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi people!
I'd love to hear your opinion:I am from Serbia and I need a job offer(or arranged employment letter) to get there-Canada (I do not have enough points)...so-I applied for many jobs on kijiji,jobbank,workopolis,monster,craigslist....many employers have contacted me but they are not willing to bother about "job offer" procedure---but they told me that I was in Canada I found a job without any problems...and a couple of them have told me, I was promised that I'll get a job in their companies as soon as I arrive in Canada!...
...so,is it wise to try---to come there as a a tourist,find job and apply for a work permit(and PER) from there ? is it possible and how difficult it is to get something like that?
Danijel
please answer...thanks...

jhean08

Mar 4, 2013
Hi there! I am new here. I am Filipina and currently working as DH in hong kong. i want to go to Canada as soon as possible. anyone can help me find a job there? Any suggestions on how to go there for less than a year of experience?

Thank you very much in advance for your favorable response.

VIRALPAR

Mar 15, 2013
what is % of who attend visa interview for work permit?

what is procedure for work permit for canada?

what is % of visa reject in india?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: what is % of who attend visa interview for work permit?

VIRALPAR said:

what is procedure for work permit for canada?

what is % of visa reject in india?
Work permit procedure:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit.asp

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
danijel said:
Hi people!
I'd love to hear your opinion:I am from Serbia and I need a job offer(or arranged employment letter) to get there-Canada (I do not have enough points)...so-I applied for many jobs on kijiji,jobbank,workopolis,monster,craigslist....many employers have contacted me but they are not willing to bother about "job offer" procedure---but they told me that I was in Canada I found a job without any problems...and a couple of them have told me, I was promised that I'll get a job in their companies as soon as I arrive in Canada!...
...so,is it wise to try---to come there as a a tourist,find job and apply for a work permit(and PER) from there ? is it possible and how difficult it is to get something like that?
Danijel
you will still need an LMO which is another hassle which the employer does not want to go through...it the employer can get you an LMO, they will do it while you are still in your country

sahas reddy

Mar 12, 2013
HELLO ,
CAN ANY 1 PLZ SUGGEST ME WEATHER DOING A DIPLOMA(NOT P.G DIPLOMA)IS GOOD AFTER DOING B-TECH..

IF YES,

AND HOW ARE THE JOB OPPORTUNITIES,ARE THERE ENOUGH JOBS FOR ME TO GET SETTLED IN THOSE 3 YEARS OF WORK PERMIT.

PLEASE SUGGEST ME

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbss said:
you will still need an LMO which is another hassle which the employer does not want to go through...it the employer can get you an LMO, they will do it while you are still in your country
yea,I know that! :-X
anyway-thanks!

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
danijel said:
Hi people!
Danijel
Danijel hi, i'm no expert, but i only have my own experience to talk about. i have been trying of over 10 months to find an employer to do the same for me and no luck. i have traveled twice in canada (a lot of money in tickets, coming from europe :'() and still have found nothing. employers have all told me that i should get the work permit and then get back at them, which is illogical as i can't get a work permit without their sponsorship.
before doing anything, i would tell you to evaluate your status in your home country and then decide on leaving. if you already have a job DO NOT QUIT! there's a 90% possibility you won't get one in canada (my personal experience again). if you can get a leave from your job for a few months, then i'd say do it, but still do not risk your job in serbia. it also depends on your occupation in serbia. if it is among those occupations in demand (federal skill trade) or if it is something no one in canada can do. speaking your native language is not a unique qualification. i speak 6 languages and no one cares.
the lmo process is costly for the employer so in most cases they won't do it, unless you're a computer genius and EA sports or another software company might snatch you. if the employer doesn't have an lmo already it will take in total around 5 months for you to have the temporary work permit, from the moment the employer starts the application and provided that it is approved. you have to think if you can stay that long in canada, both in terms of a visa and of cost of living.
if an employer says come to canada and we will hire you, you have to clarify with them what that means. they might think that when you come to canada you might get a work permit independently.
also check out the canadian embassy website in serbia as well, they might have some bilateral agreement with serbia, like they have with many european countries.
finally, take into account if you have family or friends willing to support you (not financially) in any province and check out the provincial nominee programs.
good luck

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
AlexC1604 said:
Hello there my name is Alex, currently i'm living in England, I'm English and I fell in love with Canada and a Canadian girl when i visited earlier this year for 6 months reluctant to leave I flew to the Dominican Republic to visit my mother for christmas. I'll be returning to England in 10 days to start the process of applying for a work permit to work in Canada. I've researched that i need a job offer in order to receive a permit,
So here's my pitch ;)
I have been in love with Driving and logistical work since i got my first driving job back in 2000, Driving a van and delivering parcels (about 150 drops a day) around the city, that included delivering and collecting consignments from/to the customer. Long days i can deal with no problem but i found myself looking at the huge heavy goods vehicles and wanting to step up to that kind of challenge, i knew that i needed more experience first. Here i am still looking at the HGV's from my little van lol. Only because the schooling for a class 1 or 2 licensis is verrrrrrrrrrry expensive in England and finding a employer that would finance that training are few and far between..... Until now, i've read that there are such companies in Canada. While i was visiting, friends told me that there are companies screaming out for drivers and even offering training too.
So i need help finding these companies.
I'm very hard working with a ambition to learn, along with me being very loyal and trustworthy. I hold a valid UK license for 14 years with no points or bans and can drive up to a 7.5 tonne truck.

I'm desperate to come back to Canada and will do all that is required to help my application so any help you could give would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Alex Candido
hi Alex, are you sure the trucking companies don't want long-haul, mountain, equivalent to Class 1 license experience? check out this company http://www.siemenstransport.com/html/index-1.html

i hope it helps

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiara said:
Danijel hi, i'm no expert, but i only have my own experience to talk about. i have been trying of over 10 months to find an employer to do the same for me and no luck. i have traveled twice in canada (a lot of money in tickets, coming from europe :'() and still have found nothing. employers have all told me that i should get the work permit and then get back at them, which is illogical as i can't get a work permit without their sponsorship.
before doing anything, i would tell you to evaluate your status in your home country and then decide on leaving. if you already have a job DO NOT QUIT! there's a 90% possibility you won't get one in canada (my personal experience again). if you can get a leave from your job for a few months, then i'd say do it, but still do not risk your job in serbia. it also depends on your occupation in serbia. if it is among those occupations in demand (federal skill trade) or if it is something no one in canada can do. speaking your native language is not a unique qualification. i speak 6 languages and no one cares.
the lmo process is costly for the employer so in most cases they won't do it, unless you're a computer genius and EA sports or another software company might snatch you. if the employer doesn't have an lmo already it will take in total around 5 months for you to have the temporary work permit, from the moment the employer starts the application and provided that it is approved. you have to think if you can stay that long in canada, both in terms of a visa and of cost of living.
if an employer says come to canada and we will hire you, you have to clarify with them what that means. they might think that when you come to canada you might get a work permit independently.
also check out the canadian embassy website in serbia as well, they might have some bilateral agreement with serbia, like they have with many european countries.
finally, take into account if you have family or friends willing to support you (not financially) in any province and check out the provincial nominee programs.
good luck
...thanks Canadiara for the information!...I didn't know it was so difficult to find a job...
I have a cousin in Mississauga,but I'm not sure that can help...

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
you're welcome, Danijel. i just wish there was someone to tell me these things one year ago. check out if your cousin can sponsor you, if he doesn't have any family in canada. take a look at the family class on cic.gc.ca.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
sahas reddy said:
HELLO ,
CAN ANY 1 PLZ SUGGEST ME WEATHER DOING A DIPLOMA(NOT P.G DIPLOMA)IS GOOD AFTER DOING B-TECH..

IF YES,

AND HOW ARE THE JOB OPPORTUNITIES,ARE THERE ENOUGH JOBS FOR ME TO GET SETTLED IN THOSE 3 YEARS OF WORK PERMIT.

PLEASE SUGGEST ME
Please do not type in capitals. It is considered to be yelling and hence rude.

There are more than enough survival jobs. Most immigrants take survival jobs before they get into their respective field. 3 years of work permit is more than enough after your studies to qualify for a PR. (assuming when you say 'settled' you mean PR)

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiara said:
you're welcome, Danijel. i just wish there was someone to tell me these things one year ago. check out if your cousin can sponsor you, if he doesn't have any family in canada. take a look at the family class on cic.gc.ca.
...I've already checked that-he can't-he's there with wife and kid...
...I hope that we will find a way for Canadian PR!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danijel said:
...thanks Canadiara for the information!...I didn't know it was so difficult to find a job...
I have a cousin in Mississauga,but I'm not sure that can help...
The reason is it so hard to find a job in Canada without work permit (not that it is easy with one) is that it takes a long time to get one.
The work permit process can take up to 6-7 months easily:
1. First stage is securing labour market opinion (LMO) which can take 3-4 months (2-4 weeks position advertising, 4-12 weeks LMO processing). Nowadays, with falling Canada economy LMO's are also not approved easily and the chances or rejection are high. As well, there is an annual cap on number of positive LMO per year.
2. Securing WP following LMO - can take 4-8 weeks. this is straight forward if positive LMO is secured and the applicant has no criminal/health/security issues.
Obviously not many employers will be willing to invest so much money and time in hiring an employee unless he possess really unique skills/knowledge. Naturally the the process is much easier if LMO is not required but the number of professions exempt from LMO is not that long.
I suggest you wait for better times and better economy when shortage of workers will drive the requirements down and caps up.

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
just a note here. i just got a work permit. and i can't even get a job as a waitress! i don't have experience. well duh, no one will hire me in financial institutions as i don't have canadian experience. then again, no one will hire me in one of the industries with jobs available, namely f&b.
good luck to all of us...