+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
KMLRN said:
Yes, basically as long as you send them a waiver letter. The College (cno) will have the final say on your registration process - if they will require you to take courses or just let you attempt the exam with all your credentials and all and safe nursing practice.

P.S. I am talking based on my experience early this year. I underwent the old process for my RPN license.
Thank you

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
KMLRN said:
Yes, basically as long as you send them a waiver letter. The College (cno) will have the final say on your registration process - if they will require you to take courses or just let you attempt the exam with all your credentials and all and safe nursing practice.

P.S. I am talking based on my experience early this year. I underwent the old process for my RPN license.
Hi KMLRN, do you have any review material?

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
Hi KMLRN, do you have any review material?
I don't know which particular exam you are referring to so I'll tell you materials I used for all my exams here.
*CPNRE - NCLEX RN reviewers basically because they're all I have and I have no idea what materials to use
*CELBAN - IELTS Cambridge materials because again, I have no IDEA about CELBAN. Also, I familiarized myself with narrative incident and assessment reports and tried constructing some myself
*Jurisprudence - the CNO website provides links for materials you can use for the exam. What I did was I printed all of the materials and have them in hand while I take the exam online.

Best of luck! :)

robins.scaria

Oct 5, 2015
hey friends,
sorry for entering this thread as iam not a Filipino
but there was no other thread that could be so helpful in answering my queries.
can someone please tell me on what basis nnas issues Not comparable reports.
I mean does the experience have to be "still working" or worked for so many hours within so and so years.
Kindly do help.thanks in advance
alphonsa

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Hi. Anyone here who are generous enough to share soft copies of reviewer foe both rpn and rn. I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance. My email is christianpaul2011@gmail.com

janelleangeline

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
AOR Received.
December 2, 2013
File Transfer...
December 12, 2013
Med's Done....
October 11, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014 ; Sent June 29, 2014; Decision Made- Aug. 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 7, 2014 Received Visa: August 16,2014
LANDED..........
September 14, 2014
Hi Guys,

is there anyone here na alam kung pwede mag send ng soft copy of documents ang school instead of hard copy, kasi sabi sa school ko it will take 500 pages yung course syllabus daw. Kaya in a form of CD nalang nila ipapadala sa NNAS? Valid po ba iyun?

poiuyt

Oct 4, 2015
janelleangeline said:
Hi Guys,

is there anyone here na alam kung pwede mag send ng soft copy of documents ang school instead of hard copy, kasi sabi sa school ko it will take 500 pages yung course syllabus daw. Kaya in a form of CD nalang nila ipapadala sa NNAS? Valid po ba iyun?
check mo sa nnas application guide. or mag e-mail ka sa kanila kung tatanggapin ang CD.

course syllabus ko din more than 500 pages, familiar na ang school ko sa nnas applications kaya tinuturuan na nila ako kung papaano ang sure way at san mas makakamura.. pinaship pa via philpost mga 3k+ ang shipping sa kapal ng documents. pinafotocopy ko ang syllabus mga 250php.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
KMLRN said:
I underwent the old process so it just took them 2 weeks from the receipt of my academic and PRC documents to evaluate my credentials. But I have a friend who underwent NNAS, her reports have been with CNO for more than 5 months now, still without assessment report sent out even with constant follow up.
Did your friend receive her CNO report already? I have forwarded my NNAS report along with my outstanding document (job description) four months ago but still haven't received my eligibility yet. I applied for both RPN and RN assessment. It takes forever. :( I am working as a PSW in a nursing home right now, got hired one month after landing into Canada, but I am itching to get back into nursing. The long wait is killing me.

akkinikka

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
10-10-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2014 : FURTHERANCE TESTS REQUEST 14-05-2015 FURTHERANCE DONE 22-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-08-2015 / DM 05-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ON HAND- Sept.10,2015 / VIsa issued: july 27, 2015
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
Hello po! I would just like to ask sana.. Coz im an RN here in the philippines graduated 2008. Since then no hospital based experience. I worked as an echocardiogram tech in a diagnostic clinic for 2 years. I plan to land in january 2016. Hihingi sana ako advise if someone happen to know how i should go about my case. I still wanted to pursue a career in nursing i know to be a PN is the first step usually taken by most of our nurses. Could i still apply for the cno assessment for PN even if i dont have hospital experience.? Thank u!

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
KatrinaMichelle said:
Did your friend receive her CNO report already? I have forwarded my NNAS report along with my outstanding document (job description) four months ago but still haven't received my eligibility yet. I applied for both RPN and RN assessment. It takes forever. :( I am working as a PSW in a nursing home right now, got hired one month after landing into Canada, but I am itching to get back into nursing. The long wait is killing me.
Not yet. They told her that the process will approximately take 20 weeks but it's been about 6 or 7 months now. You're lucky to have landed a job in the medical field. I am an RPN but still has no luck in finding a job in the medical field. Good luck and God bless to us! :)

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
KMLRN said:
Not yet. They told her that the process will approximately take 20 weeks but it's been about 6 or 7 months now. You're lucky to have landed a job in the medical field. I am an RPN but still has no luck in finding a job in the medical field. Good luck and God bless to us! :)
Where in Ontario are you located? I'm with Schlegel villages and they usually have openings for psw's and rpn's. You would probably start with a part-time or casual position, but once you have earned seniority, you can be prioritized for the full-time ones. They pay pretty decent wages, 18 cad/hr for psw's and 24-25 cad/hr for rpn, i believe. Check out their website.. God bless to all of us. :) Still a long way to go but we will get there, eventually.

MJJ123

Oct 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-V
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
May 8, 2013
Med's Request
March 3, 2014
Med's Done....
March 6, 2014
Interview........
June 12, 2014
Passport Req..
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
LC1 June 12, 2014
Hello! For NNAS, should I apply for PN or RN assessment?
Please advise.. Right now my application is ready for review for PN. Dapat po ba RN ginawa ko? How many weeks will it take to receive the advisory from NNAS?
Many thanks!! :)

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
janelleangeline said:
Hi Guys,

Any updates about this one?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
poiuyt said:
check mo sa nnas application guide. or mag e-mail ka sa kanila kung tatanggapin ang CD.

course syllabus ko din more than 500 pages, familiar na ang school ko sa nnas applications kaya tinuturuan na nila ako kung papaano ang sure way at san mas makakamura.. pinaship pa via philpost mga 3k+ ang shipping sa kapal ng documents. pinafotocopy ko ang syllabus mga 250php.
May i know kung gaano katagal bago dumating yung mail sa nnas? As in 3k?

joshbim

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
File Transfer...
June 2014
Med's Done....
March 25,2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 02,2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon in God's time
LANDED..........
Soon in God's time
Hi guys, para dun sa mga kapwa ko pinoy nurses who are already in Ontario Canada and undergone a process for assessment for NNAS Assessment or CNO evaluation please do visit my FB group page for forum discussion para matulungan yung iba on how to deal with their nursing career here in Ontario, Canada. For those who are already working as RN, RPN, PSw, Student nurse, you are also welcome to join. Let's help each other by sharing experiences. Cheers to all.
FB Group page name is: Pinoy Nurses for Ontario, Canada - CNO registration