+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

Juny0710

Feb 28, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
13-05-2009
Med's Request
25-10-2009, delayed coz I have to wait for the delivery of my baby on June 2010.
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
Pachochay said:
OMG, bigla naman ako natakot sa sharing ni Mimi at Isarog - samantalang si Mimi alam kong super pursigido talaga kaya nga idol ko yan kahit di ko pa nakikilala in person. Sa isang banda pampalubag loob eto sa napakatagal na paghihintay namin ng MR (almost 2 years na from application date!) baka nga blessing in disguise na rin na nandito pa kami sa Dubai na maalwan pa ang buhay wala nga lang security kasi pag nawalan work 30 days lang pwede mag-stay dito. Pero wag kayo mawalan pag-asa kasi marami naman akong nababasa na success stories, kanya-kanyang panahon nga lang siguro. Dasalan natin pasasaan ba't makukuha nyo rin dream job nyo. Keep the Faith, God Bless.
Hi Pachochay, I am also working here in Dubai. I landed in Toronto last September and bumalik kami dto sa Dubai after three weeks. I just want to share the experiences of my friends na ngsisimula pa lang (almost two years na sila doon) and my relatives who were there for more than 10 years. According to them, at the start usually survival jobs lang yong makukuha mo, but if you get Canadian experience and you're adjusted, then it's you're time to upgrade kung ano gusto mo ipursue. I know a lot of experienced Filipino nurses na galing Dubai who earned at least 3K US$ (tax free) a month plus benefits pa, na nong ngmigrate sa Canada, they worked first in factories and getting paid at 13 CAD/hr gross (imagine for 8 hours you're standing and mabibigat ung boxes na pinapasan mo and graveyard shift ka pa). But kelangang tiisin kasi ung ang pinakamadaling pasukan na work and pra mabuhay ung family. But noong na regular na sila after one year, (pag regular kna ur entitled to leave and benefits depende sa Company), they started to upgrade by studying part-time and taking exams. The same goes with a relative who started working as a caregiver, waiters, kahera, factory workers, etc. you name it for some years, but when they got adjusted they upgraded themselves and ngayon they earn good and own their own houses.

My point is tiis muna for some time and life will get better. Wla ka namng iisipin when it terms of healthcare and education (til grade 12) kasi libre sa govt. My friend always enrols his kids to all extracurricular activities (singing, dancing, karate, sports, anything u can name) and lahat nirerefund through tax credits. And ang university doon (6K-15K), d masyado mahal kysa US (35-60K), and govt supports u also depending on the family's income and you can avail of a loan that you'll start paying after 6 months of graduating if you are a PR or citizen.

We always have choices, before tau mgsettle doon dapat handa tau and nakpagresearched. My relatives advised me to get my credentials assessed and upgrade my studies if I can. Wag sayangin ang time while we are still capable doing a lot of things before migrating kasi doon malaking adjustment na namn. And expand ur network pra mas mabilis makakuha ng trabaho. Before we landed, we'd researched talaga and my husband assessed his credentials and he was able to take the Registered Practical Nurse Exam and passed. But we couldn't afford to leave our jobs dto sa Dubai kasi sayang din yong kikitain for the three years. At least may baon pangstart, two years lng kelangan na mamalagi tau doon in five years pra marenew ung PR. Now, my husband just started his masters and ako next year sa June. I'll have my credentials assessed one year before kami mgsesettle sa Canada kac may expiration (two years if I'm not mistaken) ung CGA,CMA and CA na assessment. Baka marami mcredit na subjects sa CMA or CGA kung sakasakali pag may masters and mahal ung bayad sayang if ma-expire kasi too early ka ngpaassess.

But of course, we always have to ask guidance from Him and thank for the blessings that we have now. Nsa Kanya din kung ipagkakaloob Nya o hindi. Just remember that if you have your PRs, that's a blessing already. Ang dami gusto pumunta doon and to think na di na tau kasama sa fast-track na profession ngayon, do u think we stand a big chance na makapunta doon if we let go of this opportunity now?

I know we Filipinos can live and adjust to anything. Kaya God bless sa ating lahat. :) ;)

Incan2012

Oct 14, 2011
I know we Filipinos can live and adjust to anything. Kaya God bless sa ating lahat. :)
Like this one at tamang tama.........

Hi...! sa inyong lahat. Makikisali sa inyong nakakapanabik pero nakakapag-alalang mga kwento base na rin sa experyensya ng mga nauna doon sa Canada.

Dito din kaming mag asawa sa Dubai nagtatrabaho at aplikante din kami para sa imigrasyon sa Canada. We had our medicals done recently and expect to get our visas during Q1 of 2012 and will land in July. Pareho kaming accountant ng asawa ko. She works in an MNC and I work in a known local company as Auditor. I agree 100% na mas maganda sa Dubai kung sweldo ang pag uusapan pero everytime is uncertain. Mahirap masabihan ng "Yalla wa Maasalama" pag di pa handa, so it was a wise decision to apply for mirgration in Canada despite all the negative feedbacks on how to find job there.

As everybody would agree, it is a matter of preparation and research to be on top of the situation thereafter. Saka habang kumikita pa ay dapat mag ipon at gamitin kahit 2 o hanggang 3 taon bago magtapos ang PR para makapag ipon bago tuluyang mag settle, if posible. This is of course against the opportunity lost kung ang settlement ay mas maaga.

To isarog and mimi0713 , I believe malalagpasan din ninyo ang ganyang sitwasyon. You've pass the most difficult accounting board (in the world, maybe). Surely it will not be a long time to be successful in our new chosen country, Canada.

Have Faith in God and pray always..... Kaya nyo yan!!!!!!! Kakayananin namin!!!!!! See you in Canada...

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
flattered naman ako at may fans club pala ako dito ;D ;D ;D ;D

to pachochay---> wag matakot, sabi nga nila kaya natin to. we just need to start somewhere. I thought I was prepared. I did all researches that I can do and everything. sabi nga ni isarog eh gawin nya akong information officer, :D.

Pero tao lang din ako, kaya medyo nanghinayang ako kasi back home, I was the boss, somebody comes to give me coffee/snacks at breaktime, I can close my office at breaktime and have a nap, or just be alone when I need time to think or relax, I was well paid. more than I can spend, honestly. Sa bahay, tinatawag na lang ako pag kain na. Life here is totally different. Sometimes, naiisip ko, sa pinas I was the boss, dito busabos..excuse my word. Utusan kasi you have a supervisor. Yng little self pampering na ginagawa ko like monthly facials, massage, frequent manicure and pedicure, i gave them up here. sayang ang oras at dollars :( Even sleeping for 8 hours is luxury for me. Sinasanay ko na sarili ko to be contented with 5 hours sleep each night coz i'm preparing for the CA exams next year. Godwilling pag nakapasa ako, I have my plans laid out....1. give thanks to God of course, 2. sleep for 8 hours or more, 3) mag-aaply na ako sa gusto kong position with a shoutout "HEY, here's the CA you've been waiting for!", 4) uwi ako ng pinas for vacation for max 1 month 5) balik Canada for interviews ;D ;D ;D ;D yan ang goals ko ngayon, which keeps me going... kaya di baleng busabos muna, there's no other way but UP when you start at the bottom, di ba?

just don't expect too much. Toronto is the melting pot of brilliant accountants from all over the word. magaling man akong naturingan sa pinanggalingan ko I have to accept the fact na bumabaha ang magagaling dito at nauna sila kaysa akin. they have homegrown accountants, too. kaya there's very slim chance for me who came from a developing world to conquer it here in short time. siguro yung iba ay talagang maswerte. ito lang ang kapalaran ko sa ngayon kaya I have to accept it and bear with it....for the meantime.

and yeah,mag-ipon kayo ng mag-ipon, you'll need them here, not just at the POE. to isarog, wag na manghinayang at nabawasan ang baon, buti ka nga at may baon eh ;D ;D ;D ako binibilang ko kng magkano naiwan sa baon, hindi kung magkano ang nadagdag :( :( ang importante, nakikita ko naman kung saan napunta, at least we have a decent and comfy apartment. we have stable jobs kahit di malaki ang sweldo. kahit papano nakakapagpadala pa sa pinas.

Juny0710

Feb 28, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
13-05-2009
Med's Request
25-10-2009, delayed coz I have to wait for the delivery of my baby on June 2010.
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
To all Filipino CPAs, don't lose hope and be patient. For all things lost, it will be replaced with greater things in His own will and time. Mimi and Isarog, idol ko rin kau, you've been through a lot and yet wala pa rin sawang ngbibigay ng mga valuable info.to others who desperately need to know about the Filipino CPAs in Canada.

I want to share this nice poem to everybody:

INSTEAD

By P. E. Calleja

Do not think of what you do not have;
Instead, appreciate what you have and can still have.

Do not think of things lost;
Instead, value what you still have and may yet find.

Do not cry over spilled milk;
Instead, rejoice in what was left.

Do not think of what you are not;
Instead, be humble with what you are and can still become.

Do not think of what others say you are;
Instead, concern yourself with what you affirm to be.

Do not think of the hours and days past;
Instead, look eagerly to times that are yet to come.

Do not think of what you failed to do;
Instead, think of those that you were able to do and can still best do.

Do not think of mistakes committed;
Instead, count the things you did right.

Do not think much of the pain you have caused;
Instead, plan for ways to make amends.

Do not think of the sufferings you now bear;
Instead, look to the comfort when relief draws near.

Do not consume yourself with thoughts of what could have been;
Instead, marvel at what has become and will become.

Do not be anxious to attain greater happiness;
Instead, content yourself with the little things which bring you bliss.

Do not aspire to fill your cup at once;
Instead, have the patience to do it little by little.

And if by chance you fail, do not fret over the empty part on top;
Instead, celebrate the space filled up.

Do not condemn nature when it is at its worst;
Instead, think of the times when it was at its best.

Do not blame luck for things you miss;
Instead, learn from things in which you have been remiss.

Nor should you curse luck or others for life's misfortunes;
Instead, accept them as part of life.

I say then, Live fully, die a little,
Learn much but question less.

Have just enough but give much more,
Be contented each time to crave much less.

Doubt less and affirm a lot,
Understand more, and be understood less.

Worry a little but hope you must,
Accept all, resist the least.

For all things happen,
In due time they must.

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salamat sa sharing today....realistic + encouraging!

@ Juny: nakakabuhay loob ang sharing mo re relatives and friends at nice din talaga yung poem...thanks for sharing.

@Incan: would you mind sharing your timeline? Kelan ka nag-apply? kami kasi waiting pa rin MR

@Mimi & Isarog: hope to meet you both in CA.....God willing.

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ang lola nyo masyado excited, anong ginawa?

September 2010 - received assessment result from CGA-Alberta which was valid for 1 year so expired na po!

December 2010 - nag enrol sa CPA-USA review in preparation for CGA at pandagdag sa credits kung sakali. Jan-Jun 2011 dpat then take exam once dito na Dubai ang exam. Kaso tinamad ang lola nyo so moved to Jul-Dec then exam May/Aug na dahil sa work (actually lakwatsa!) at nawalan na rin ng gana dahil wala movement visa move uli Aug/Nov. Sensya na, emote din lang lola nyo...wehehe.

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yung asawa ko naman (engineer po), nakatapos na PMP and now working on his MBA, all as preparation for CA!

At eto pa naglagay na lola nyo CV sa CA websites using contact details pamangkin sa Edmonton. Me mga tumawag yung isa interview ako phone dito dubai. masyado nga optimistic so sabi ko we expect to have the visa latest Q1 ng 2011 so punta kami CA ng mid year. Supposedly June 2011! Malapit na uli June so next time di ko na lang lalagyan year...wehehe. Sana me movement na before the year ends...para sa pre-June 2010 na tulad namin.....keeping my fingers crossed.....

Meanwhile, trying to get on with life.....goodluck po sa lahat.

At Mimi/isarog: Hope to see you soon in CA...inshallah!

isarog

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you sa inyong inspirational posts and words of encouragement jho111, mimi0713, Pachochay, Juny0710, Incan2012. Hopefully nga I can and I will post here one day na tama ang naging decision ko.

Nakakamiss lang kasi talgang maging "feeling" bossing; ;D :D :p Ang sense of security and stability; Ang mga long weekends; Ang walang katapusang asaran at halakhakan sa opisina; Ang piso fare ng Cebu Pacific at Airphil. Ang katulong namin; Yung kotse. Ang walang katapusang Christmas parties, reunion. Mga kaberks. At ang updates tungkol kay KC at PP Gandanghari. :eek: :p :eek:

Please don't be discouraged po sa post ko. Sabi nga ni Mimi, iba-iba naman po kapalaran ng tao. At isa lang ang sigurado, kung nasa baba ka, there is no other way but up.

Hay, Lord. We lift it all up to you.

God bless po ulit lahat sa atin.

Juny0710

Feb 28, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
13-05-2009
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
Hi to all,

Don't lose hope. Wala namang magaling sa simula talaga. Share ko lang sa nu story ko, Nung nglanding kami, lahat ng nameet ko na Pinoy said that they are not going back in the Philippines kasi pra na rin sa mga anak nila ginagawa nla. My husband and I are also earning good here in Dubai and walang kapagod2x sa trabaho. Usually, whole day na laro, basa sa newspaper and kaiinternet kasi d busy. Okay malate, uwi maaga and mgsakitsakitan just to get an off. There was a point na igigive-up namn ung sa Canada dahil ang sarap ng buhay dito, but then we decided to give it a try and do the landing to see what is life in Canada. And that was when we met friends and relatives (both newbies and oldies doon-both stories nakita namin), which inspired us to change our mind. Hindi sa pghahambog, most of my relatives there are well off (as in well-off sa Pinas), yet they gave up Phils pra sa Canada and struggled working at the busabos jobs that you may call as a start. They always say it's you're choice, if you want money and easy life, stay in Dubai or where you are now, but if want security for your family, stay in Canada. Naisip namin ung anak at magiging anak pa namn, we will be selfish if we'll not give the best for them.

Kya nga na we are preparing a lot for our last three years here in Dubai to save and upgrade our studies. I know marami pa kami tatahakin and madadaanan na problema (maybe worst) like the rest of people na andoon na, but isa lng iniisip namin, eto ay pra sa anak ko.

Sorry for my Tagalog if may mali2x, Bisaya kasi ako.

Incan2012

Oct 14, 2011
Kamusta sa lahat.

Pachochay: We applied Sept 2009, In process May 2011 and Medicals done Nov 2011. Fasttrack na naging slowtrack kasi God know's we are not ready yet but in 2012 we'll land and settle in the summer of 2013 or spring of 2014.

I believe migrating to Canada is not a picnic. It is a choice for the better future of my kids and their kids, too. Kung sarap lang ng buhay ang iisipin namin dito nalang sana kami sa Dubai because we are well off. We are in the Philippines every year for a month enjoying, Baguio, Boracay, Tagaytay, etc.,. We saw the beauty of Europe because we have been blessed. Pero bakit pa kelangan mag migrate eh wala nga USD 3k isang buwan ang sasahurin doon may tax pa? Ah, may allowance pala two kids namin, dat's 500 bucks/month, laki din pandagdag sa upa.

Mahirap talaga sa una katulad noong niliganwan ko ang misis ko. Pero bumigay din at sinagot ako. Ganun din siguro para magin CGA, CMA or CA, kelangan pagtiyagaan para makamtan. After a year or two, di na tayo sa baba, baka sa gitna na ng gitna at baba, and so on till we're near the top or on the top again.

I will start from zero or will start from scratch once we decided to settle for good in Canada. My boss mentality won't be there any longer. I consider myself like my staff now. I am a boss who became busabos who will become boss again. By the time we start our life in Canada, ako na ang magluluto, maghahain para makakain. Anak ko maghuhugas ng pinggan (Pilipino yata tayo), asawa ko maglilinis ng bahay at maglalaba at magplantsa ng damit. Syempre ako pa rin ang driver, pero di na siguro Cherokee baka Land Cruiser or Tahoe na (yabang no?). Just dreaming, pagbigyan nyo na. :D

To achieve these, I will have my credentials assessed in 2012 during our landing and register with the Alberta Board(i dont know yet the name of the certifying body, sa Alberta pala kami kahit malamig masayado) . Aral agad (CGA lang kasi medyo may edad na me, 40) pagdating sa 2013 or 2014 (funds budgeted) habang naghahanap ng work. After 3 years, plans achieved by Grace of God.

Pasensya na sa halo-halong salita at sa tagalog din, bisaya din ako. Iloilo.

charlie5

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
Passport Req..
Nov, 2010; Submitted Dec 1 2010
Grabe! ang dami na palang nangyari dito.
Para akong nabunutan ng tinik ng malaman na hindi ako nag-iisa. Same din ang feeling ko with Mimi and Isarog. Magaling naman ako, matalino naman ng konti...pero di makakuha ng trabaho. Panay interviews, walang call back. Feeling ko naman okay ang interviews kaso siguro nga mas madaming MAS-magaling, MAS-matalino, Mas-experienced.
Naniniwala pa rin ako na in God's time everything will come.
I know ganon din sa inyo. Hintay lang kayo and Pray...it will come.

Kaya eto ako ngayon pa-senti senti lang sa ulan at lamig. I hope you guys visit my blog. Blog ng walang magawa. I'm sharing my experiences, pero majority masaya lang para di ako madepress

http://iliveiconquer.blogspot.com/

mr.patrick

Jun 3, 2011
helo po sa lahat... kamusta po ba ang taxation ng canada compared sa PINAS similar po ba or??? puspusang aral uli... kasi nagenrol na po ako sa CGA first subject ko is tax grabe ang mahal pala 1 subject 1 thou plus hehehe nagastos ko. :) naung enrol nako sa CGA sana naman makapasok nako sa accounting related job!

In time, everything will be revealed.
IN GOD'S TIME.

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
mr.patrick said:
helo po sa lahat... kamusta po ba ang taxation ng canada compared sa PINAS similar po ba or??? puspusang aral uli... kasi nagenrol na po ako sa CGA first subject ko is tax grabe ang mahal pala 1 subject 1 thou plus hehehe nagastos ko. :) naung enrol nako sa CGA sana naman makapasok nako sa accounting related job!

IN GOD'S TIME.
entirely different and totally complicated! wala sa 10% ang taxation system ng pinas, in my opinion. :D

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
mr.patrick said:

IN GOD'S TIME.
tama si mimi... walang sinabi ang taxation sa Pilipinas sa taxation ng Canada. Kaya nga ako nag-aral muna sa H&R Block para maging familiar sa Canadian taxation bago mag-enroll ng tax subject sa CGA. Business Law muna ang kukunin ko sa CGA.