+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fiance Visa

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brahimoyon said:
hi what can i do to apply in immigration or PR if im already on saudi i am a pilipino want to immigrant to canada. because i cant just marry my girlfriend if we w8 agian a long time to recieved the visa.and if i take a visiting visa in canada i can marry her even she don't have a PR in canada at make change to her status in canada again?
Please explain. Your gf is now in Canada and is working in Canada but she mentioned single on her work permit? This would be a problem because in that case, she has already misrepresented herself. She should have listed her status as common law. However, if you have been separated for some months, there is a break in your relationship so she may not qualify to include you as her common law at this point. If this is the case, go ahead and get married in any country and then she must add you to her PR application BEFORE she lands as a PR. Or... wait until she lands as a PR, then get married in any country and she sponsors you.

Which method you use, both will cost some time before you get your PR visa. If she adds you to her application, it will delay her PR but you both get PR together. If she lands first and then sponsors you, she will have her PR but you will be waiting for yours.

brahimoyon

Feb 21, 2015
we cant married even i taking a visiting visa go to canada in marry her in canada?we need to mrriead out side canada in change her visa to couple am i right..but if she are in canada and have a PR in go back to philippines then we get married in philippines an go back to canada and sponsor me to have a PR?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brahimoyon said:
we cant married even i taking a visiting visa go to canada in marry her in canada?we need to mrriead out side canada in change her visa to couple am i right..but if she are in canada and have a PR in go back to philippines then we get married in philippines an go back to canada and sponsor me to have a PR?
Like I said, you can get married in any country. If you can get a visit visa to Canada, you can marry in Canada and she can write a letter to immigration to change her status to married.

If she already has a PR and if you get a visit visa, you can visit her, get married and then she applies to sponsor you for PR.

Of if you prefer to get married in the Philippines, you can do that instead.

renaylarson

Feb 20, 2016
i live in the USA and My fiance lives in Canada. we have been in a committed relationship for 2 years and plan on getting married this spring in the US then moving to Alberta were he is a PR. How do I go about applying for a Visa or sponsorship? What forms do I fill out?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
renaylarson said:
i live in the USA and My fiance lives in Canada. we have been in a committed relationship for 2 years and plan on getting married this spring in the US then moving to Alberta were he is a PR. How do I go about applying for a Visa or sponsorship? What forms do I fill out?
You can not officially move to Canada until you have your PR but you can visit your fiance while you are applying for sponsorship. You have to make sure you keep your status in Canada legal so if you have been staying for almost 6 months as a visitor and want to stay longer, you should apply to extend your visitor status.

The sponsorship forms can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp