+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fiance Visa

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmkcanada said:
My daughter just engaged and have PR card and leaving outside canada for her studies, can she sponser her fiance for canada.
No,

1) because she is a PR, she must be living in Canada in order to sponsor her partner

2) If they have been living together as a couple for 12 months or more, she could sponsor him as a common law partner or if they are married, she can sponsor him as her husband. If they are not married and have not been living together as a couple for 12 or more months, she can not sponsor him.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mmkcanada said:
My daughter just engaged and have PR card and leaving outside canada for her studies, can she sponser her fiance for canada.
1. No, there is no fiance visa, they have to be married or living in c/law relationship for a year.
2. As a PR she can only sponsor, if she remains in Canada.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
There is no such thing as a "fiance visa" in Canada.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
As your daughter is a permanent resident, she must be residing in Canada to sponsor him. Also, they would have to be common-law(i.e. lived together for at least 1 year) or be married before she can sponsor.
Only Canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses/common-law partners while residing outside Canada. But they must satisfy the visa officer that they plan to move to Canada when the spouse becomes PR.

mmkcanada said:

Verynice

May 14, 2014
What's Best Process

Hi..Since I've read in your replies that there's no fiancé Visa in Canada. I want to know what's best process we can do for me to be with my Canadian boyfriend.

I am Filipina, legally married for 9 years but 5 years separated without kids. Since, we don't have divorce here, only annulment is the only way for me out in the marriage. It's a long process too and not sure if it will be granted.

My Canadian boyfriend and I are in relationship for almost 2 years. He visited Philippines twice, he can't stay long because of his work. Right now, we are trying to figure out what's best process we can do for us to be together in Canada. He is divorced for long time and without kids too.

I hope you can help me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: What's Best Process

Verynice said:
Hi..Since I've read in your replies that there's no fiancé Visa in Canada. I want to know what's best process we can do for me to be with my Canadian boyfriend.

I am Filipina, legally married for 9 years but 5 years separated without kids. Since, we don't have divorce here, only annulment is the only way for me out in the marriage. It's a long process too and not sure if it will be granted.

My Canadian boyfriend and I are in relationship for almost 2 years. He visited Philippines twice, he can't stay long because of his work. Right now, we are trying to figure out what's best process we can do for us to be together in Canada. He is divorced for long time and without kids too.

I hope you can help me.
Have you tried to get a visit visa for Canada? If you do, you can extend after 6 months to the point that you have lived together as common law for one year, then you can apply under common law.

If you can't get a visit visa for Canada and can't get married because you can't divorce, he should try to sponsor you as a conjugal partner.

brahimoyon

Feb 21, 2015
hi i am a pilipino have a girlfreind has apply in canada can we get marred before she can go in canada but she use her single status before

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brahimoyon said:
hi i am a pilipino have a girlfreind has apply in canada can we get marred before she can go in canada but she use her single status before
Please explain what did she apply for? If she applied for PR and got her PR visa and need to go to Canada to land, she should NOT marry at this point. She should land first, then come back, get married, then go back to Canada and sponsor you.

If she did not apply for PR, she can marry you now but she should update the visa office about her change of status before she goes to Canada.

brahimoyon

Feb 21, 2015
may fiance apply as nurse on canada in immigration can we be marred before she go to canada.we are 3yrs already n we want to get marred.can she use her single status and not make a change to her apply?pls reply how many years she can take a PR if she are in canada?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So she applied for PR. Now tell, do you live with your girlfriend as a couple and have you been together more than 12 months? If this is the case, she should have included you already on her application. If that is true, she needs to notify the visa office immediately and ask to add you to her application as a common law and you will get a PR visa too. If she doesn't do that and lands as a single and they find out later that you lived together and she should have included you, then she has a big problem.

If you didn't live together, no problem.

As for getting married, problem is, if she got her PR visa as a single, she can not land as a single if she just got married. This is very serious business. Getting married before landing and then landing on the visa she got as a single as seen as misrepresentation, a lie to immigration and they can revoke her PR again if she does that. Even if they let her keep her PR, she can never sponsor you so don't do that.

You have two options. You can get married now, tell the visa office that she got married and ask to add you to her application. She will have to return her visa to the visa office if she got it already because it is now invalid and they will issue her a new visa and you get a visa too when they complete your processing. Second option, you don't get married now, she lands as a single, then comes back to you to get married, then goes back to Canada and applies to sponsor you.

brahimoyon

Feb 21, 2015
how many years she can get a PR visa her visa right now is QWS.and if he change her status to her apply wath is the problem after she change status?and how many years agien if too recieved PR visa as a couple and we are live together in 1year and 8months couse right now im in saudi.wath can we do if her visa is QWS and its on processing and maybe this next year she have is there any problem for change status?if her apply back to zero or just adding me in her status?pls reply

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brahimoyon said:
how many years she can get a PR visa her visa right now is QWS.and if he change her status to her apply wath is the problem after she change status?and how many years agien if too recieved PR visa as a couple and we are live together in 1year and 8months couse right now im in saudi.
If you are living together as a couple right now for more than 12 months, she must add you to her application before she lands as a PR. Otherwise, she will be committing misrepresentation to immigration (lying) about her marital status and if they ever find out, they can revoke her PR or in any case she will never be able to sponsor you in the future.

This is serious business. If you want to end up living in Canada together, she has to ask the visa office to add you now before she lands. It will delay her visa but in the end, you have a future in Canada together.

brahimoyon

Feb 21, 2015
hi what can i do to apply in immigration or PR if im already on saudi i am a pilipino want to immigrant to canada. because i cant just marry my girlfriend if we w8 agian a long time to recieved the visa.and if i take a visiting visa in canada i can marry her even she don't have a PR in canada at make change to her status in canada again?