+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

canadaforsure

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I HAVE PAID TO DAVID COHEN VIA MY MASTERCARD BUT I DONT HAVE MY CASE FILE NUMBER. I HAVE ALSO GONE TO THE ABOVE SIGHT WITHOUT SEEING MY CASE FILE DETAILS. WHAT DO I DO?

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi canadaforsure

i suggest you send an email to them and ask about whether they have filed your case. tell them that you tried checking your case details on the federal court website and no data came up....kindy update us of the result too......

cheers

canadaforsure said:
I HAVE PAID TO DAVID COHEN VIA MY MASTERCARD BUT I DONT HAVE MY CASE FILE NUMBER. I HAVE ALSO GONE TO THE ABOVE SIGHT WITHOUT SEEING MY CASE FILE DETAILS. WHAT DO I DO?

Maniraha

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2006
Doc's Request.
feb 2010
IELTS Request
feb 2010
File Transfer...
april 2010
Med's Request
13 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18 march 2013
immanuelluna said:
BACKLOGGERS LITIGATION

1. Litigants whose files were not closed.

DoJ and has come to terms and expect to sign the agreement on Monday. CIC agrees to:
a. send out requests for additional items and the medical forms within 21 days of the signing of the
settlement; i.e., by September 17th;
b. to finalize the applications within 180 days of having received the up-dated documents and other items;
c. to request only those forms which are actually required;
d to process the files expeditiously and
e. to issue the visas as soon as the file is ready for visa-issuance.

2. Litigants whose files s 87.4 has closed

Justice Barnes said that he has not read the motion seeking to enforce the Agreement and will not do so until after he returns to Ottawa on September 4th. Next week both parties will summarize the arguments given that only those whose files were closed are in need of the Court's intervention.

DoJ repeated -- and put in writing this past week -- that, if our motion is dismissed, it will permit our litigants' cases to join the 87.4 challenge. I will just have to file material making that request. So, even if we lose the motion, our case will continue to move forward.

3. Post-June 14th litigants

DoJ repeated the request that the Court rule on whether those who joined the litigation after June 14th are covered by the Agreement. Their position is that they are not. Justice Barnes said that he would rule on this issue when he decides the motion after September 4th. Thus, additional litigants may continue to join our group but, whether, if our motion prevails, they will be covered remains unknown. However, if they are not, their cases will become a part of the 87.4 litigation.

4. 87.4 Litigation

The organization of this litigation remains in disarray. Justice Barnes, however, clearly favours managed litigation (such as our litigation) over a class-action. Justice Barnes will check with the Court Administrator to see whether this issue may be argued when he is in Toronto the last three weeks of November. If so, it will be on one or more Fridays; i.e., no earlier than November 16th.

By August 31st, various counsel will be filing motions, asking the Court to prevent CIC from acting on 87.4. The key issue will be the scope of the injunction itself. Applicants' counsel argue that it should encompass all those whose files were closed, whereas DoJ argues that it should only include those who have joined the litigation.

In summation, we will not know where our litigation stands until mid-September. If we prevail, all will be fine for those who joined before June 14th. Whether it will be for those who joined afterwards will be decided at that time. Those whose files the Court does not order CIC to process immediately will become a part of the so-called class-action lawsuit. The shape of the 87.4 litigation will not likely be known until late November but the scope of the injunction, barring CIC from implementing 87.4, will likely be known in late September.
Dear Sir

where do you find this?
what does it mean is it any good news comming?

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
I am a new commer here and I was schocked to find that all of this has been going without the Canadian authourities informing those affected (other than a general notification on their website)
I have applied in September 2007 but I do not know if I am among those whose file will be closed. About one year ago, I have been informed that my file is under background check,,my file was transfered to Vienna office in last may
,,and the status of my file is still (under process).
So I just wander : were those whose files were closed informed by mail , e mail or any other mehtod? do they still have thier status : in process?
Please reply me as soon as possible, becuase if my file was closed, I will join this case too.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi hopeful4

i would think most pre Feb 2008 applicants have their ecas status as 'in process'. cic may begin the process of refunding/closing files by end of this month. by which method it will be done will be known as soon as they start doing so.
as it is, have you tried requesting for your CAIPS to see what has been done to your file? processing though will take some time - 30-45d
perhaps, you can also send your VO an email to enquire your file status. hopefully, they will provide you with an update.

if the selection process had been done to your file, then you maybe one of those considered 'safe'.
however, i think it won't hurt if you decide to join, just be quick though.
at least you have something to look forward to, rather than hopelessly waiting to receive something from cic.

cheers

hopeful4 said:
I am a new commer here and I was schocked to find that all of this has been going without the Canadian authourities informing those affected (other than a general notification on their website)
I have applied in September 2007 but I do not know if I am among those whose file will be closed. About one year ago, I have been informed that my file is under background check,,my file was transfered to Vienna office in last may
,,and the status of my file is still (under process).
So I just wander : were those whose files were closed informed by mail , e mail or any other mehtod? do they still have thier status : in process?
Please reply me as soon as possible, becuase if my file was closed, I will join this case too.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
kiwi1 said:
hi hopeful4

i would think most pre Feb 2008 applicants have their ecas status as 'in process'. cic may begin the process of refunding/closing files by end of this month. by which method it will be done will be known as soon as they start doing so.
as it is, have you tried requesting for your CAIPS to see what has been done to your file? processing though will take some time - 30-45d
perhaps, you can also send your VO an email to enquire your file status. hopefully, they will provide you with an update.

if the selection process had been done to your file, then you maybe one of those considered 'safe'.
however, i think it won't hurt if you decide to join, just be quick though.
at least you have something to look forward to, rather than hopelessly waiting to receive something from cic.

cheers

[/quote
Thanks for your reply. I Hope your still online. I have just made the payment to join the case. But I do not know if it is too late for those joining now. because it isnot clear if we will join the same lawsuit or another one which will be opened later,,,,I aslo do not understand the judgment,,,can anyone please explain it to me?

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi hopeful4

good on you...you are still good to go...as far as i know based from what i heard from other sources, there is no decision yet as to how the court will consider all the cases being filed now....lawyers are preparing for the class action lawsuit...did you join david cohen's group?

it is best to inquire directly from the lawyers for any concerns as they can provide you with accurate information..

cheers

hopeful4 said:
Thanks for your reply. I Hope your still online. I have just made the payment to join the case. But I do not know if it is too late for those joining now. because it isnot clear if we will join the same lawsuit or another one which will be opened later,,,,I aslo do not understand the judgment,,,can anyone please explain it to me?

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
I Just paied but I wish if someone will explain what will happen to those who are joining this case newly? as I UNDERSTAND THIER CASE WILll be heared in November ,,,or will the verdict of pre 15 June simply be applied to them?
WHat makes me sooo angery is that the Canadian authourities did not even bother to inform those afftected, leaving us wandering who was dissmised and who was not,,,,like we have no legal rights at all.
and they even state they will return the fees without interst!! they kept the money for 8 years to invest it and now they are going to return the original capiatal only!! which law are they following? Tehy should even pay us a compensation for the other costs which we paied for this application,,,,like laywers, issuing documents, translation, IELTS TEST, mail costs and so on.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
well thanks for your prompt reply kiwi. YES I JOINED Kohen. But from what I read , it takes sometime to receive a confirmation from him. Like we have to go though more complications ,,,,,,,,,,I CAN NOT EVEN BELIEVE THIS IS CANADA.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi hopeful4

it depends on how you paid the retainer fee. as soon as they receive it, they will email you.
it's frustrating yes but you are not alone. at least you have 2 chances now.
1. you still have your file 'in process'. whatever that means, you may still have a chance.
2. if not (fingers crossed- not), you have joined the class lawsuit, so you have another lease of life.

just keep a positive outlook though...

cheers

hopeful4 said:
well thanks for your prompt reply kiwi. YES I JOINED Kohen. But from what I read , it takes sometime to receive a confirmation from him. Like we have to go though more complications ,,,,,,,,,,I CAN NOT EVEN BELIEVE THIS IS CANADA.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
I paied with paypal. Beleive me I am checking my e mail every 5 mintues to see any update .
I EXPECT THAT court will commit the government to process ALL PRE 2008 APPLICATIONS WHICH WILL BE no good as well. Becuase the government has allready stated that it will take up to 2017 for this task to be completed!!!

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
hopeful4 said:
I paied with paypal. Beleive me I am checking my e mail every 5 mintues to see any update .
I EXPECT THAT court will commit the government to process ALL PRE 2008 APPLICATIONS WHICH WILL BE no good as well. Becuase the government has allready stated that it will take up to 2017 for this task to be completed!!!
Dear Friends,
i have talked today to senior assistan to David Cohen named Mr.Chris.I asked several questions about this law suit and he guided me about that,he also added that there is no dead line to pay US$500,,So i decided to pay the fee by tomorrow and will become apart of this litigation.
Good Luck to everyone.
Best Regards.
Jevan.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
jevan said:
Dear Friends,
i have talked today to senior assistan to David Cohen named Mr.Chris.I asked several questions about this law suit and he guided me about that,he also added that there is no dead line to pay US$500,,So i decided to pay the fee by tomorrow and will become apart of this litigation.
Good Luck to everyone.
Best Regards.
Jevan.
Well I did not get any confirmation of payment till now though Chris answered one email from me earlier. I wish if you have any more info that you will write them here. Do you know anything about:
1-When the new lawsuit will be heared
2- How many persons joined this lawsuit after the original 200 people
3- what are the chances that we win,,,,,etc.
Please if anyone has an update, post it here for all.

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
hopeful4 said:
Well I did not get any confirmation of payment till now though Chris answered one email from me earlier. I wish if you have any more info that you will write them here. Do you know anything about:
1-When the new lawsuit will be heared
2- How many persons joined this lawsuit after the original 200 people
3- what are the chances that we win,,,,,etc.
Please if anyone has an update, post it here for all.
I can answer your question number 1 only. According to the website of bellisimo law group, the hearing is scheduled on sep 18 at 9:30am..