+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
NEED HELP!

My wife is a US citizen and I am applying for her PR in Canada. I have 30 days to include her application with mine. My question is what's the processing time of getting PCC from FBI? Also, will PCC be acceptable if we get it through FBI approved channeler? Thanks.
Since your wife is a US citizen she can follow option 2 on the below FBI link. This will be much faster then the average 10-12 weeks processing time taken for non-citizens. Also at the same time, If you still do not have her PCC at the end of 30 days send in a LOE (Letter of Explanation) requesting for extension. Not sure if it really helps but with LOE you can attach supporting documents that would prove that you have applied for PCC (Eg Photo from you phone of fingerprint card, payment receipt any other doc etc).

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Will CIC accept an application without FBI PCC if I upload Tracking receipt? If Yes, how would I upload the FBI PCC later when I get it. Do CIC ask for it or we should send them once we get that?
You have to add the reason for not having FBI PCC in the LOE and upload all other documents. CIC will request for FBI PCC through a process called Additional documents required(you will be notified in your account) and will be given a deadline to submit.

In the LOE , you have to give the courier tracking number, your efforts to get it done quickly like you submitted it within a week of getting ITA and any followup email with FBI on status of your application etc

Good luck

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
What! Whose pcc was lost? Was it in India? Now I'm worried, i took an ita again to extend deadline but now I really need it. What do I exactly do? So thankful for all the help.

madhur.eng

Aug 7, 2017
HI folks I have received a request for RPRF (Right of permanent residence fee) and would like to know what does that mean. I remember while submitting the application I paid similar kind of amount. My application is an express entry application. Does this mean that the application is accepted and they are now going to check other documents and all?

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Great to hear. I havent received an ADR as yet (AOR 2 August) but passed medicals. Last night my sister received my spouses PCC :). Three weeks later but at last (you brought me good luck haha). So now i will raise a CSE... How long do I ask for? 120 days? What was in your LOE besides the explanation of the rejected prints...

Good luck to you for this week. Im sure the prints will be ok this time.
Got message yesterday that credit card charged for my wife's re-application .. now just hoping that it is processed and delivered on time .. :)

In my CSE, I included a detailed explanation of the situation and why I was requesting for an extension and attached all documents .. emails communication from FBI etc. You can calculate, based on the current trend, how much time do you see it would take for get your FBI PCC and accordingly ask for those number of days as extension .. always better to keep a few weeks buffer ..

Last edited:

Taliyai

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Good Morning. Does anyone have any idea as to which date is being processed today?
We called this morning - they said they are opening packages from July 7. Our package was delivered there July 19, and they told us this morning we should expect to wait at least another 4 weeks.

I'm not sure if she was including mailing time when she said another 4 weeks. It's already been about 9 weeks, so if she was just talking about processing - looks like they will take longer than the estimated 10-12 weeks.

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
We called this morning - they said they are opening packages from July 7. Our package was delivered there July 19, and they told us this morning we should expect to wait at least another 4 weeks.

I'm not sure if she was including mailing time when she said another 4 weeks. It's already been about 9 weeks, so if she was just talking about processing - looks like they will take longer than the estimated 10-12 weeks.
There is almost a week's lag between 'Opening' and 'Processing'. So the 4 weeks they said includes that lag and based on the current timelines ..
This is what I got from them on Sep 20/21 - opening packages received on 07/07/2017 and processing mail received on 06/30/2017.

So most likely they have a team that initially opens the package, checks the documents and if everything is OK, charges the credit card and puts the application in a queue to be processed .. which takes about a week from there to be done based on above timelines ..

So going by that, you can expect your package to be opened and credit card charged by 9th / 10th Oct and application processed by 18th / 19th Oct .. which is like 4th week from now ..

From there on its is out of FBI and at the mercy of USPS .. :)'

Last edited:

Taliyai

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
There is almost a week's lag between 'Opening' and 'Processing'. So the 4 weeks they said includes that lag and based on the current timelines ..
This is what I got from them on Sep 20/21 - opening packages received on 07/07/2017 and processing mail received on 06/30/2017.

So most likely they have a team that initially opens the package, checks the documents and if everything is OK, charges the credit card and puts the application in a queue to be processed .. which takes about a week from there to be done based on above timelines ..

So going by that, you can expect your package to be opened and credit card charged by 9th / 10th Oct and application processed by 18th / 19th Oct .. which is like 4th week from now ..

From there on its is out of FBI and at the mercy of USPS .. :)'
Thanks for this. Yes - this sounds likely and we'll watch out for the credit card charge, and also keep checking this thread. Unfortunately, we'll have to submit the PCC late since our application deadline is Oct 11. We'll of course provide proof of our efforts so it should be fine. That being said, I find the entire process so unnecessarily long and difficult. Oy vey!

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
Anyone received their pcc in India recently?

notacodeguru

Sep 18, 2017
Does anyone have any updates about the current date that they are processing? My package reached FBI on 9/12. Assuming all documents are right, when should I be expecting the response?

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
Mine was dispatched on September 5th. But yet to receive in India.
Shall I apply for a duplicate copy to my friend's US address to be on safer side?Or wait further?
Suggestions please..
Where in india are you waiting for your courier?
We are planning to send a mail today requesting a copy to our friend’s address in the US. I dont know if it’ll work, lets see! Ours was dispatched on 29th august and waiting for it in Mumbai!