+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI fingerprint result how long does it take to get? (AINP)

punk316

Apr 7, 2009
Hi,
I received my Nomination last month but haven't really had time to proceed further. Now, when I looked at it, I understand that we HAVE to send the FBI and Police Certificates along WITH the application packet to CIC. Is that correct? It says that my nomination expires on May 25th and I'm afraid that I won't have all the documents required by that end date.

Could someone please suggest what all I NEED to send before the nomination expires please? THANKS.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
You are really a punk !

The validity is 6 months for the nomination, if you had received it last month then it should have been valid until July.

It appears the nomination date was December 25th, 2009 for you.

So, better start now, it takes around 2 1/2 to 3 months for FBI which means you still have time early enough for May 25th, if everything goes well. Good Luck !
punk316 said:
Hi,
I received my Nomination last month but haven't really had time to proceed further. Now, when I looked at it, I understand that we HAVE to send the FBI and Police Certificates along WITH the application packet to CIC. Is that correct? It says that my nomination expires on May 25th and I'm afraid that I won't have all the documents required by that end date.

Could someone please suggest what all I NEED to send before the nomination expires please? THANKS.

punk316

Apr 7, 2009
Thanks for your response.

I do feel like a stupid now since I should have at least looked into these requirements.

Since you are experienced, could you please tell me steps I need to follow or remember from here on now? I would really appreciate it. THanks.

rezendgi said:
You are really a punk !

The validity is 6 months for the nomination, if you had received it last month then it should have been valid until July.

It appears the nomination date was December 25th, 2009 for you.

So, better start now, it takes around 2 1/2 to 3 months for FBI which means you still have time early enough for May 25th, if everything goes well. Good Luck !

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Visit previous posts, you will get most of your questions answered..

Link for FBI Clearance:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

Link for Obtaining Police Certificate:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Do, FBI ASAP. Remember to visit other posts and take help of other senior members as well.

punk316 said:
Thanks for your response.

I do feel like a stupid now since I should have at least looked into these requirements.

Since you are experienced, could you please tell me steps I need to follow or remember from here on now? I would really appreciate it. THanks.

punk316

Apr 7, 2009
Thanks a lot. I am sending FBI hopefully today and cross my fingers that I get them back before the nomination expires.

BlueRobin

Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-06-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-10-2010
Passport Req..
11-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
punk316 said:
Hi,

Looks like you are not doing even basic research on the application process. You need not submit PCC/FBI Clearance certificate along with the Federal application. Since you have already submitted your FBI application, you can go ahead and submit Federal application without it as well. You can send the PCCs when CIC asks for those. This is my suggestion. Don't waste your AINP nomination.

steps2006

Apr 21, 2009
1/4/2010 : Sent out FBI request
3/9/2010 : Received the FBI letter stating no record.

3/6/2010 : Sent out the stupid Buffalo application with expired FBI card from many years ago.
3/18/2010: Money order was cashed.

twistedbubbletea said:
steps2006, any update on your FBI certificate?

Mar 9, 2010
steps2006 said:
1/4/2010 : Sent out FBI request
3/9/2010 : Received the FBI letter stating no record.

3/6/2010 : Sent out the stupid Buffalo application with expired FBI card from many years ago.
3/18/2010: Money order was cashed.
thanks steps2006! Hopefully I can get my FBI cert by the end of this month. Been waiting for it for 11 weeks now.

schumi252

Mar 24, 2010
Hi steps,

Thanks for your replies. I got a document request email from AINP yesterday, and since then, I have been thinking about requesting the FBI finger print check.

Can you tell me what kind of information you gave for the Coverletter during the submission of your fingerprint card?

Also, for the Indian PCC, should I wait for my nomination before I apply at the Indian embassy.

Thanks,
Pr

steps2006

Apr 21, 2009
You go to FBI website and look for fingerprint check, it will give you a sample of cover letter and what kind of info you need to fill out on the cover letter.

You may do your FBI check and Indian PCC after you get your nomination. In my case I gave an expired FBI letter. The Buffalo office still accepted my application.

schumi252 said:
Hi steps,

Thanks for your replies. I got a document request email from AINP yesterday, and since then, I have been thinking about requesting the FBI finger print check.

Can you tell me what kind of information you gave for the Coverletter during the submission of your fingerprint card?

Also, for the Indian PCC, should I wait for my nomination before I apply at the Indian embassy.

Thanks,
Pr

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Hi,
My AINP nomination expires June. I applied for PCCs about 2.5 months ago. I got all except the FBI card, and its been 9 weeks so far waiting on it.

Can I just go ahead and send my Federal application to Buffalo now? I can follow-up with Buffalo and send my FBI card as soon as I receive it. Does that work? OR I should send all in one shot?

My concern is that if the FBI card takes longer, my other PCCs can start expiring meanwhile.

Thanks.

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
maruti81 said:
Hi,
My AINP nomination expires June. I applied for PCCs about 2.5 months ago. I got all except the FBI card, and its been 9 weeks so far waiting on it.

Can I just go ahead and send my Federal application to Buffalo now? I can follow-up with Buffalo and send my FBI card as soon as I receive it. Does that work? OR I should send all in one shot?

My concern is that if the FBI card takes longer, my other PCCs can start expiring meanwhile.

Thanks.
Hi! Let me reply to your query by sharing with you CIC Buffalo's reply to my inquiry about documents that I cannot submit at the time that I forwarded my application:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not offer individual counselling nor can we provide assistance in completing your application form.

You must follow the instructions in the application kit. If you are unable to supply any required documents or information, please enclose a detailed explanation."

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Hope this helps.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
BZ Mom said:
Hi! Let me reply to your query by sharing with you CIC Buffalo's reply to my inquiry about documents that I cannot submit at the time that I forwarded my application:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not offer individual counselling nor can we provide assistance in completing your application form.

You must follow the instructions in the application kit. If you are unable to supply any required documents or information, please enclose a detailed explanation."

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Hope this helps.
Thank you.

I am planning to send my federal application to Buffalo without FBI card for now.

any idea on how long will take it to get AOR (file number) from buffalo office once I submit my AINP application? Thanks.

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
maruti81 said:
Thank you.

I am planning to send my federal application to Buffalo without FBI card for now.

any idea on how long will take it to get AOR (file number) from buffalo office once I submit my AINP application? Thanks.
In my case, it took about 30 days. But that was in July 2009.