+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fairleigh Dickinson University

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr. Sandhu said:
MS in global health comes under Master of Administrative Science. so i think i will be eligible for PGWP. canam wale ta ehi kehnde c
Hi,

Check out your LOA, or some document showing the same. Don't trust Canam words.

kehne waale toh kuch bhi keh sakte hain. You need proof.

May be you would like to refer School (department) website.

Dr. Sandhu

Oct 31, 2011
it was written on their website. im waiting for LOA. i will change course n college dats not a problem. i am worried abt visa success rate for dis univ.

enfield said:
Hi,

Check out your LOA, or some document showing the same. Don't trust Canam words.

kehne waale toh kuch bhi keh sakte hain. You need proof.

May be you would like to refer School (department) website.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr. Sandhu said:
it was written on their website. im waiting for LOA. i will change course n college dats not a problem. i am worried abt visa success rate for dis univ.
Hi,

Thn it's ok.

You do not need to worry, it's a fully recognized school. But there is nothing like visa approval rate. I have reasons to believe that visa is all about academic strength/profile.

Dr. Sandhu

Oct 31, 2011
thanx enfield.... name of my old profile on dis forum was AASB.... remember ?

enfield said:
Hi,

Thn it's ok.

You do not need to worry, it's a fully recognized school. But there is nothing like visa approval rate. I have reasons to believe that visa is all about academic strength/profile.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr. Sandhu said:
thanx enfield.... name of my old profile on dis forum was AASB.... remember ?
Hi,

Oh, yes ! why not? Nice to meet you after so long. :)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr. Sandhu said:
me too... u got ur visa ?? it seems like u becomes king of dis forum... expert

Just doing time pass lolzzz… :)

Yes, I got my visa :) but only after 139 days. :mad:

Stay in touch, I strongly believe that we should create/start networking right from this forum which might be very useful once you land in Canada.

Reactions: anjdukay

drwalia

Oct 31, 2011
Dr. Sandhu said:
MS in global health comes under Master of Administrative Science. so i think i will be eligible for PGWP. canam wale ta ehi kehnde c
hey dr.sandhu....nice to hear from you...do gv me ur contact number...even i am dentist and from patiala...where r u from??do mail me...hope to hear frm u soon...tk cr :)

sam_libra

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2013
AOR Received.
May - 2013
File Transfer...
May - 2013
Med's Done....
March - 2013
Passport Req..
June - 2013
is there any buddy who got LOA from FDU?

Reactions: anjdukay

Fallenweb

Mar 21, 2013
Hi Y'all!
I decided to write about FDU-Vancouver to clarify some information that I found somewhat wrong or not acurate.
FDU-Vancouver is a good university and the mission of the institution is to form global leaders, and the UN partnership help students to find internship opportunities there. Every month, the undergrad students have a special UN module where they discuss with UN representatives and consul by IPTV. They often have embassadors and consuls visiting the campus as speaker guests.

The big problem at FDU-Vancouver is not the education itself, but the number of Indian people applying to its programs in order to leave their country and live in Canada. These guys have bad reputation among the other students, because they are clearly there for immigration purposes, not for education. Some of them are having difficulties to graduate lately due to its poor academic performance. I heard the university is making the application difficult for some nationalities.

The Undergrad and Graduation programs are recognized in Canada, U.S.A and England and the Canadian Immigration provide the off campus work permit for students who graduate from FDU Vancouver. ;)

It is important to mention that FDU was founded in 1942, the Campus in Vancouver is an extention or an "arm" of the FDU in New Jersey, Just like the FDU-Wroxton in England. They are relatively new in Vancouver, since they started in 2007 in the city. So in fact, it is hard to be known in Vancouver, but they are largely known in US, since they have been around for long time there.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Fallenweb said:
Hi Y'all!
I decided to write about FDU-Vancouver to clarify some information that I found somewhat wrong or not acurate.
FDU-Vancouver is a good university and the mission of the institution is to form global leaders, and the UN partnership help students to find internship opportunities there. Every month, the undergrad students have a special UN module where they discuss with UN representatives and consul by IPTV. They often have embassadors and consuls visiting the campus as speaker guests.

The big problem at FDU-Vancouver is not the education itself, but the number of Indian people applying to its programs in order to leave their country and live in Canada. These guys have bad reputation among the other students, because they are clearly there for immigration purposes, not for education. Some of them are having difficulties to graduate lately due to its poor academic performance. I heard the university is making the application difficult for some nationalities.

The Undergrad and Graduation programs are recognized in Canada, U.S.A and England and the Canadian Immigration provide the off campus work permit for students who graduate from FDU Vancouver. ;)

It is important to mention that FDU was founded in 1942, the Campus in Vancouver is an extention or an "arm" of the FDU in New Jersey, Just like the FDU-Wroxton in England. They are relatively new in Vancouver, since they started in 2007 in the city. So in fact, it is hard to be known in Vancouver, but they are largely known in US, since they have been around for long time there.

1. So what if FDU is participating in some UN related program/bringing special guest from UN. How it's going to help me in securing a PGWP?
2. Only 4 programs are recognized for PGWP:

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies
Master of Administrative Science
3. If possible, avoid this school. So far, only one visa approval for an Indian student.

farhansk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JULY 2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
7 November 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
15 January 2015
Med's Request
24 January 2015
Med's Done....
07 February 2015 MEDICALS RECEIVED 15 FEB [PP BIO PAGES,PCC,MR,RPRF ONLINE RECEIPT SENT ON 9TH FEB 2015]
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 21 MARCH 2015 , PPR 16 APRIL , PP SUBMITTED 16 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
SOON IN SHAA ALLAH
LANDED..........
END OF MAY IN SHAA ALLAH
Its been a very long time I know but I am very interested to know about FDU how is the university and did the members applied from the university got visa and also post landing experience for Vancouver and the UNI.

gaaries

Jan 15, 2014
FDU is a private university in vancouver which is approved by the canadian government.some courses of this university are eligible for post secondary work permit of 3 years. MAS is one such course which is eligible for the work permit. the university is not a fraud but we had a really unpleasant experience as my sister's visa got rejected in september 2013 intake. she had applied in MAS program and the reason for her refusal was course mismatch. she reapplied for the visa with offer letter of CUCA and fortunately her visa got approved for jan 2014 intake and she is now in canada.
i am still confused whether the cause of refusal was actually the course mismatch (my sister holds an MCA) or it was because she had applied in a private college.

farhansk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JULY 2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
7 November 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
15 January 2015
Med's Request
24 January 2015
Med's Done....
07 February 2015 MEDICALS RECEIVED 15 FEB [PP BIO PAGES,PCC,MR,RPRF ONLINE RECEIPT SENT ON 9TH FEB 2015]
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 21 MARCH 2015 , PPR 16 APRIL , PP SUBMITTED 16 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
SOON IN SHAA ALLAH
LANDED..........
END OF MAY IN SHAA ALLAH
What is she doing in CUCA. I am not getting a masters course in alberta but I want to go there .

Problem with me is I am already an MBA from UK.

gaaries

Jan 15, 2014
she is doing MISSM from there. even if you have done MBA from uk you can still go to canada by taking admission in PG diploma in business. i have read in this forum that a girl's visa was approved who had done MBA in HR and applied in a PG diploma in business (maybe from red river college i am not sure). there are several colleges in toronto that offer such diplomas :)