+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

express entry with pnp

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Hello -
I am planning to apply for immigration to Canada under FSWP...
(I have WES evaluation in progress and have my IELTS test results handy)

I was hoping to apply myself until I realized that the CSR score I would get is not close to 450, and since then I am a bit directionless on what my next steps should be

It seems that the best way to boost my score is to apply for pnp program.
I see a pretty good explanation of how to create and submit express entry profile, but I am getting confused on how PNP would play part in this.

Here is my confusion...
Do I need to submit express profile as it is...without PNP nomination in hand?
Because I see it is mentioned at many places on CIC website and on different forums, that after submitting express entry profile, the province would/should show interest in my profile.
At the same time,
I see information and posts in forums which seem to indicate that I should have the PNP nomination letter with me before I submit the profile.

If I need to get the PNP nomination before I submit the express entry profile, then how should I apply for PNP first?
(I did look at many places including the CIC website, but still not 100% clear on where to start... )

What's the different between the two approaches -
- 'apply for PNP first and then apply for express entry' and
- 'apply for express entry and wait for province to get back to you'
Also -
- Does it matter at what point of year do I apply for PNP or express profile.? (meaning if there is a quota which expires perhaps at the end of year for provinces, so perhaps better to apply in the beginning of a year or a term)
- Can I apply for multiple provinces in parallel?

Thanks

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Go thru this thread about PNP.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
K.. thanks for the prompt reply and apologies for the late reply.

So.. on a high level (without confusing myself) -
I think the steps until you get an ITA from IRCC are...
(for Ontario province under the Human Capital Priorities Stream)

1. submit express entry profile.. and create a profile on Job Bank (indicate Ontario as a province of interest on the application)
2. wait for a PT notification on MyCIC account from Ontario..(should hopefully get a PT if my crs score is above 400)
3. If you get the invitation to apply for OINP, then apply for OINP (by filling up Nominee Application Form).
4. if the above application is approved, I should get a notification of nomination - (which I need to accept which will get me additional 600 crs points.)
5. I should then get an ITA from IRCC.
6. apply for PR.

Understood that there is a lot of details involved at each step, but wanted to get a high level picture in my mind as I continue to dig deeper.
(It was the transition from step 1 to Step 2, which I was not sure about)

Thanks again!

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
bluesaffron said:
K.. thanks for the prompt reply and apologies for the late reply.

So.. on a high level (without confusing myself) -
I think the steps until you get an ITA from IRCC are...
(for Ontario province under the Human Capital Priorities Stream)

1. submit express entry profile.. and create a profile on Job Bank (indicate Ontario as a province of interest on the application)
2. wait for a PT notification on MyCIC account from Ontario..(should hopefully get a PT if my crs score is above 400)
3. If you get the invitation to apply for OINP, then apply for OINP (by filling up Nominee Application Form).
4. if the above application is approved, I should get a notification of nomination - (which I need to accept which will get me additional 600 crs points.)
5. I should then get an ITA from IRCC.
6. apply for PR.

Understood that there is a lot of details involved at each step, but wanted to get a high level picture in my mind as I continue to dig deeper.
(It was the transition from step 1 to Step 2, which I was not sure about)

Thanks again!
Yes, You are getting there :)

Stryk3r

Jun 11, 2017
submit express entry profile.. and create a profile on Job Bank (indicate Ontario as a province of interest on the application)
Hi,
I recall 2 different sections in the EE process where we are asked about the province of interest for immigration.
1. During evaluation of eligibility to apply for EE.
2. We are asked to select check boxes for provinces which we are interested to immigrate to(forgot the exact verbiage).

Which of the above two are used for determining the candidates province of interest?

Thanks in advance, hope you made it to Ontario by now bluesaffron.

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Hi,
I recall 2 different sections in the EE process where we are asked about the province of interest for immigration.
1. During evaluation of eligibility to apply for EE.
2. We are asked to select check boxes for provinces which we are interested to immigrate to(forgot the exact verbiage).

Which of the above two are used for determining the candidates province of interest?

Thanks in advance, hope you made it to Ontario by now bluesaffron.
Hello Stryk3r -
Sorry, I do not know the answer to your question. But I do remember that I selected all the checkboxes when submitting the profile.
Thanks ashuindian for posting the link.

Reactions: Stryk3r

pindamani

Sep 24, 2017
Guys I am registering for WES credential evaluation. I will apply for Ontario PNP certificate too. During registration WES ask for agency to which report will be sent by WES. IRCC is opted bt default. Should i select Ontarion PNP too for my report to send?

Thank you.