+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry: What happens if your birthday falls after you create an EE profile?

Faz Ansari

May 21, 2017
Hello
Some of the threads here are useful but didn't answer my precise query on age.
I created my EE profile in Jan 2017 and turned 40 years in March.
Based on some of the threads i checked my EE profile but the system has not reduced my point and overall CRS is still at 391.
Surprise!!
In order to be double sure i created a mock profile but shocked to know that when i entered my age as 40 the system reduced my Transferability point from 50+25 (from 50+50) and also level of education points from 119 to 112.

My simple questions are
1. Does system update age points even when EE profile has been transmitted when birthday passes pr do i need to update it in profile?
2. Does turning 40 from 39 has impact on transferability and education as well?

My CRS has gone from 391 to 361. I am concerned.
Please help!!!!

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
Some of the threads here are useful but didn't answer my precise query on age.
I created my EE profile in Jan 2017 and turned 40 years in March.
Based on some of the threads i checked my EE profile but the system has not reduced my point and overall CRS is still at 391.
Surprise!!
In order to be double sure i created a mock profile but shocked to know that when i entered my age as 40 the system reduced my Transferability point from 50+25 (from 50+50) and also level of education points from 119 to 112.

My simple questions are
1. Does system update age points even when EE profile has been transmitted when birthday passes pr do i need to update it in profile?
2. Does turning 40 from 39 has impact on transferability and education as well?

My CRS has gone from 391 to 361. I am concerned.
Please help!!!!

1... You don't have to update this in your EE profile. System shall update this by itself !! However, there were cases when people turned to their
"current age+1" but system did not updated (your case) and they had ITA. However, they had to decline ITA, as it will be done by Immigration officers in due time !!.
2. This is really strange. I haven't seen cases people saying this. To answer your question, skill transfer ability does not get affected with age !

I hope your questions are answered !

Faz Ansari

May 21, 2017
1... You don't have to update this in your EE profile. System shall update this by itself !! However, there were cases when people turned to their
"current age+1" but system did not updated (your case) and they had ITA. However, they had to decline ITA, as it will be done by Immigration officers in due time !!.
2. This is really strange. I haven't seen cases people saying this. To answer your question, skill transfer ability does not get affected with age !

I hope your questions are answered !
Many thanks Faraz for quick response.
One more thing if an ITA os issued with my current score and after dedicating 5 points for age i fall below the cut off I should voluntarily decline the ITA?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many thanks Faraz for quick response.
One more thing if an ITA os issued with my current score and after dedicating 5 points for age i fall below the cut off I should voluntarily decline the ITA?
That's right! If you know CIC has made a mistake of not updating your score and you fall below the cut off you should decline ITA. Otherwise Immigration officer is going to do that for you and mark your application as incomplete. You will waste days, time and energy !

Faz Ansari

May 21, 2017
I think Immigration officer can apply an exemption only if age changes between ITA and eAPR.
Thanks for your help

Faz Ansari

May 21, 2017
Salam Faraz sb
I finally found out my score fell because I didn't fill my complete educational credentials as per WES ECA report. I had only entered my last degree.
After filling each degree separately i resumed the last score.

I think it is the right way of filling out the education section. Right?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salam Faraz sb
I finally found out my score fell because I didn't fill my complete educational credentials as per WES ECA report. I had only entered my last degree.
After filling each degree separately i resumed the last score.

I think it is the right way of filling out the education section. Right?
Wa alaekum Assalam.

Well system had a glitch which is finally resolved. You got your score back, which normally you should get at any stage. Sometimes, once you update something, it takes time for the update to appear, and this could also be your case. In the end I am happy for you !
Gluck

Reactions: Faz Ansari