App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
it's the first time I notice it.. I don't think there was any IP status before that
If it says "your application is in progress. Next step is to conduct background checks" that means you will still see the status changed to "Not applicable" then it goes to We are checking background. that's the regular trend.

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Are they really doing reference letter check with our employers by providing reference letters that we have submitted? I am not in good terms with 1 of my former employer. If they don't respond then the application will get rejected or what will happen in such situation? Why can't they just call and check? 0_o ..

Reactions: Vivian_CND

GHSIH

May 7, 2016
Are they really doing reference letter check with our employers by providing reference letters that we have submitted? I am not in good terms with 1 of my former employer. If they don't respond then the application will get rejected or what will happen in such situation? Why can't they just call and check? 0_o ..

my office always runs on a night shift and that's when my local visa office is closed, they didn't mention anything about it but maybe they called in the morning (their working hours) and nobody picked up so they sent an email.
P.S in the attachment (of the letter I provided) they sent, they underlined my name and my employer's phone number that was already printed in the letterhead of the reference letter. maybe they did so cause these are the things they need?

Reactions: Vivian_CND

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
hey maged how are you buddy... long time no see :)

your application is in progress now ?? inshallah PPR will follow soon... :)
thanks mate :)
any news at your end?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
If it says "your application is in progress. Next step is to conduct background checks" that means you will still see the status changed to "Not applicable" then it goes to We are checking background. that's the regular trend.
it was "Not applicable" ever since Jan 11, you mean to say still 2 more changes? that's a long time!

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
it was "Not applicable" ever since Jan 11, you mean to say still 2 more changes? that's a long time!
Yes, it will go again to NA. Your AoR is on Jan 11 so still in the usual timeline of 6 moths. Nothing to worry about

Vivian_CND

May 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Don't know??!!
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
16-01-2017 Schedule A (IMM 5669). Doc sent 3h later
Nomination.....
15 Dec 2016
AOR Received.
27 Dec 2016
Dear all

I used CIC form to add a document, I chose VSO Paris and by chance they replied that my application is being processed by The case processing centre office in Ottawa.
My question is : Can we guess in which step the application is by knowing its current location ?

As I search in http://www.immconsultant.net/cpc
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:
_permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-Mississauga or CIO-Sidney
Pre-screen is R10 or Egibility check or background check ? (my status is always Not Applicable, I don’t know why)

Knowing that :
•Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario processes
Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children
Other family class applications
•Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia processes
Citizenship
Permanent Resident Cards
Federal Skilled Workers
I am OINP-Outland. I guess that the CPC Sydney finished checking something in my file, then it was sent to Ottawa. Do you have any idea ?
Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi Seniors,

Need your help, if any of you in my situation. I would like to know, how this was documented in the personal history section?

I am providing the information about my membership with ISACA (USA) and ISC 2 (USA) in the personal history section. My membership will continue till 2019. I have paid the membership fees till 2019. It started in 2009.

I stay in India and have appeared for the exams in New Delhi. I got the membership from these USA based organisations while I was physically present in New Delhi (means remotely). Means, i never traveled to USA for the membership. While providing the information in the personal history section, CIC asks for "Country where activity took place", "State" and "City/Town where activity took place".

Now, if I provide the information that activity took place in USA, does CIC will not ask for the police clearance or something similar?

Also, do we need to provide schedule A if we provide this information?

Thank you!

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Yes, it will go again to NA. Your AoR is on Jan 11 so still in the usual timeline of 6 moths. Nothing to worry about
not really, my aor is 6 Dec, med passed 16 Dec, in 11 Jan BG changed from not started to not needed

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hi members,

This afternoon at 13h43 (Paris time), I received a simple noreply email stating that I have a new message in my CIC account.
I checked but there was no real change in my CIC account so I thought that it was the famous "ghost" email ... until I saw deeper in my status that there was actually a new message with a letter in PDF format attached stating the following :

"QUOTE"
Dear Madam/Sir,
We are ready to issue the permanent resident visa that entitles you to enter Canada. The
following information is required to complete your application.
If you do not respond within 30 days from the date of this letter (or before the expiry date of the
visas, whichever comes first), your file will be closed.

STATUS CHANGE
Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?
 Have you gotten married or divorced?
 Have you given birth or adopted a child?
 Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
 Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
If any of these conditions apply, you must inform the Paris office at: parisimmigration@
international.gc.ca
You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption
certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is
expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and
be found admissible to Canada before your case can be finalized. Failure to declare additional
dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in
the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and/or prevent you from sponsoring your
dependants in the future. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new
application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act
and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

INSTRUCTIONS

For citizens of countries exempt from obtaining a visa for travel to Canada

You can find the list of exempted countries at the following website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Please send to the following address:
Immigration Section / UPV
Embassy of Canada
37 avenue Montaigne
75008 Paris, France

The following documents:
1. Page 1 of this document.
2. The photocopy of the passport(s) of each person included in the application
3. 2 photos. For photo specifications, please consult the following website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EBe.
pdf
4. A letter outlining the height and eye colour for each member of your
accompanying family members.

Please do not present yourself in person at the Embassy of Canada in Paris.
Only documents received by mail will be processed.

Information for new immigrants
To apply for a permanent resident card, find information about how to start your life in Canada or to find out what services are available near you, please consult the following website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/residents/new_immigrants.asp

To cross the border: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp
Living in Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/lctvac/english/index
Welcome to Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/welcome/index.asp

"UNQUOTE"

So I guess that this simple "noreply" email is my "golden PPR" email with the letter in my CIC account.

However, I have another question please. In the letter they say the following :
2. The photocopy of the passport(s) of each person included in the application

Does it mean that I have to send a photocopy of all the pages of the passport ? or just the photocopy of the biopics page of the passport (that contains the personal details + picture)?

Thank you in advance ?

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
Hi all

So I finally received my GCMS notes. My BG has been IP since end March. However, my GCMS (10 May) states my Elgibility, Meds and Criminality as passed. Security is still blank on the summary.

Which stage do you guys reckon my file is at... and when should one normally be expecting a PPR when at such a stage? Keeping in mind my BG hasnt changed since end March! ?

FSW - O

AoR- 30 Dec

Cheema4012

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Canada
Yes, They do contact one of your employer, In my case I attached three reference letters and CIC contacted one of them. They usually double check about your responsibilities, Time you spent over there and opinion of your employer about you.Try to check all of your employers that have yet been contacted by CIC or not.

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Usually how much time it takes to get the GCMS notes for self profile and whats the procedure for its application? Can application be done using CIC portal? Thanks ..