+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXPRESS ENTRY - CEC - QUESTIONS ABOUT BOWP

fyfy123

Apr 26, 2017
So..long story and too many questions!

Applied for my Permanent Residency in April, AOR received on April 6, 2017. At that time I was a holder of a TRV with an open work permit. My Passport was to expire in Aug 2017. In June 2017, I got the "Additional Documents Required" status on my PR application with the passport request. E-mailed them the new Passport as instructed on July 12, 2017. My application still has not been updated. Still states "Additional Documents Required". Is there anything I can do? Should I call them?

With my passport expiry in August, my TRV and Work Permit was also expiring. Also on July 12, 2017, I submitted my BOWP application and I'm currently under Implied status. From their processing times, it seems that they won't get to my BOWP application at least in another month.

My boyfriend however, applied for PR in May and received his passport request earlier this week (September 11). He had applied for his BOWP in August but that application is at the "Submitted" status. In this case, he will possibly receive his PR visa before the BOWP. What happens to the BOWP application then? It gets rejected? Does he get a refund for the application fees?

After he gets his passport back? What are the next steps? what are landing documentations? Is there a deadline for that?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So..long story and too many questions!

Applied for my Permanent Residency in April, AOR received on April 6, 2017. At that time I was a holder of a TRV with an open work permit. My Passport was to expire in Aug 2017. In June 2017, I got the "Additional Documents Required" status on my PR application with the passport request. E-mailed them the new Passport as instructed on July 12, 2017. My application still has not been updated. Still states "Additional Documents Required". Is there anything I can do? Should I call them?

It will not hurt to call and confirm that the new document has been received, and that there are no other documents required. But everyone's application timeline is going to be different.

With my passport expiry in August, my TRV and Work Permit was also expiring. Also on July 12, 2017, I submitted my BOWP application and I'm currently under Implied status. From their processing times, it seems that they won't get to my BOWP application at least in another month.

You are in status, so no worries (as long as you don't leave Canada).

My boyfriend however, applied for PR in May and received his passport request earlier this week (September 11). He had applied for his BOWP in August but that application is at the "Submitted" status. In this case, he will possibly receive his PR visa before the BOWP. What happens to the BOWP application then? It gets rejected? Does he get a refund for the application fees?

If he lands before the BOWP is processed, he can send a web inquiry to request cancellation and a refund, but I am not certain if he will get the refund, however.

After he gets his passport back? What are the next steps?
He can land either by making an appointment at an IRCC office, or by leaving and re-entering Canada, or by "flagpoling" at a land border crossing (flagpoling is an administrative procedure where you "exit" Canada but do not officially enter the USA - you get an administrative refusal from the US border agent and turn around to re-enter Canada... lots of posts on this forum about flagpoling).

what are landing documentations? Is there a deadline for that?
The Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document will be returned with the passport. In addition to needing this for the landing, this is an important document to keep (you will need it later if you decide to apply for citizenship). The COPR will show the deadline to land (usually, one year from the date of the medical exam). If he plans to important any personal effects, either at the same time or later ("goods to follow"), you will need those customs documents as well.