+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exclusion order - need an ARC?

Sep 20, 2017
Italy
Hi everybody,
I'm looking for a clarification about to get back to Canada.
Maybe somebody can help me.

I got an exclusion order at begin of this month.
Anyway, I'm waiting a sponsorship job.

When i'll get that, how can apply?

On this website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

says I need an ARC, but more specifically , I read this paragraph:

"If you are applying to come to Canada for any reason, (visiting, studying, working or immigrating), you should not submit a separate application for an ARC. If your application is approved, the ARC will be dealt within the context of that application. You will simply be asked to submit the fee."

Actually I'm confused right now:

1- they say I should not submit a separate application, Should I apply online?
2- "You will simply be asked to submit the fee", What about the rest (passports photos, application form etc)?

If someboby can help me, i really appreciate it

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Once you have a job offer and approved LMIA from your employer, you would apply for a work permit following the regular process. If the work permit is approved, CIC will then request the fees for the ARC and process the ARC before issuing you a work permit.

You should be aware that ARC processing typically takes many many months. CIC typically takes their time with ARC processing for exclusion orders and you should expect the ARC won't be approved until your exclusion order is over.

I would personally recommend holding off pursuing a job in Canada until after the exclusion order is over. If you try for it now, you're in for a very long wait and a great deal of frustration.

Sep 20, 2017
Italy
The exclusion order will end next September.

Does ARC needs more time?

So if I'm not wrong, the work permit will still in pending till the ARC would be approved, right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you apply for a work permit before your exclusion order ends, CIC will process an ARC along with the work permit.

Correct - the work permit will be pending until the ARC is approved.

Sep 20, 2017
Italy
sorry for the many questions:

when you talk about "ARC", you include all the documents in this list (below), right?
  • a Temporary Resident Visa application form, fully completed online and validated to create the barcode page.
  • two passport size photographs taken within the last six months.
  • a copy of your passport.
  • a written letter (in English or French) explaining, in detail, the reasons you feel you should be allowed to return to Canada. The letter must be written in block letters in black ink or typed.
  • the processing fee ($400 CAD).
The application has to be done through the website, do i need to upload all the documents above?

I'm not sure about the letter I have to write.:(

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Yes, submit all of those. The letter has to explain why do you think you should be given the chance to come back to Canada during the ban period. I e-mailed my visa office before submitting an ARC in the past and they told me to just mail everything to them. It took 6 months to process it, but knowing how long it takes with other visa offices, I think that was very quick. They will only allow you to come back if you have some exceptional reason to do so.

Sep 20, 2017
Italy
Yes, submit all of those. The letter has to explain why do you think you should be given the chance to come back to Canada during the ban period. I e-mailed my visa office before submitting an ARC in the past and they told me to just mail everything to them. It took 6 months to process it, but knowing how long it takes with other visa offices, I think that was very quick. They will only allow you to come back if you have some exceptional reason to do so.

"You e-mailed everything" means ARC and work permit?

Don't you go through this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/?

Should I e-mail my visa office (VAC - Visa Application Center)?