+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exchanging expired California driving license with G class of Ontario.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
I want to exchange my expired California license with Ontario G class. I was told by customer service that I am eligible as
it has not expired for over one year but I would need to obtain an original driving record.

My questions are
My questions are has anyone tried submitting with driving record that is received from california dmv website with their expired license?
How long does it take by the time you actually receive the driving record?
And finally whom should the cheque be drawn in favor of,I didn't find this information on website ?

Thanks for reading.

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
I want to exchange my expired California license with Ontario G class. I was told by customer service that I am eligible as
it has not expired for over one year but I would need to obtain an original driving record

My questions are
My questions are has anyone tried submitting with driving record that is received from california dmv website with their expired license?
How long does it take by the time you actually receive the driving record?
And finally whom should the cheque be drawn in favor of,I didn't find this information on website ?

Thanks for reading.
You can download driving license record PDF from DMV California website by paying $2 fee at:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/online/dr/welcome

I tried but does't mention when was the driver license issued first time as this is the key information we would need to get the Ontario driver license under exchange program. I am planning to go to DMV this week to get the complete detailed driver license record.

As I am going to Canada for short landing and I don't want to give my California license so I am planning to give them my last expired license. Not sure if that would work. Please provide any information you gathered as I am also in same situation. Thanks!