+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry for Travel History

swapnil1984

Mar 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

I got an enquiry to submit Form IMM5562E. The only thing that is written on the letter is the following in exact words:

"Travel History Info Form: Please use the following link to provide details of your travel history, include day, month, year as well as duration of time."
(The link takes you to download IMM5562E form)

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by May 18, 2017.

I also checked on the information "i" icon next to additional documents as well as where it asks you to upload and it just mentions some general guidelines, nothing specific to my application.

Can you guys please tell me if this is good or bad thing ? If I already filled this information in the profile, why are they asking for this form ?

Should I be worried ?

Regards,

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
No, you shouldn't be worried. A couple of people have been asked to submit that form and one of the main reasons is that the applicant has a lot of travel history and they need a more detailed form with all that information. It is a good sign on the other hand. Goodluck!

Reactions: ref2003

swapnil1984

Mar 6, 2017
No, you shouldn't be worried. A couple of people have been asked to submit that form and one of the main reasons is that the applicant has a lot of travel history and they need a more detailed form with all that information. It is a good sign on the other hand. Goodluck!
Thanks for your reply. Btw, should I attach a LOE for the travels I did ? They haven't asked me though. Also, If yes, on my profile, I can see only one button to upload this document. Is it ok to scan the form and attach the LOE at the end of this form ?

Another question is, I'd like to apply for BOWP, can I apply for it once I upload this document ?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Thanks for your reply. Btw, should I attach a LOE for the travels I did ? They haven't asked me though. Also, If yes, on my profile, I can see only one button to upload this document. Is it ok to scan the form and attach the LOE at the end of this form ?

Another question is, I'd like to apply for BOWP, can I apply for it once I upload this document ?

You don't really need to upload an LOE except you think there's something you need to explain. The IMM form should have your travel history listed accordingly and that should suffice.

You can go on and apply for your BOWP. What is your BG status?

Check this thread out for more info on BOWP
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bowp-how-many-of-you-have-applied-and-received-it-successfully.139027/page-253

swapnil1984

Mar 6, 2017
You don't really need to upload an LOE except you think there's something you need to explain. The IMM form should have your travel history listed accordingly and that should suffice.

You can go on and apply for your BOWP. What is your BG status?

Check this thread out for more info on BOWP
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bowp-how-many-of-you-have-applied-and-received-it-successfully.139027/page-253
I'm not sure about the BG status. What is it ? And how do I check that ?

swapnil1984

Mar 6, 2017
I'm not sure about the BG status. What is it ? And how do I check that ?
Oh, if you mean Background Check, it's under process. Medical is passed and Additional Documents (Travel History Document) is required. Everything else is under process. What do you think ? Should I apply for BOWP then ?

swapnil1984

Mar 6, 2017
A couple of people have been asked to submit that form and one of the main reasons is that the applicant has a lot of travel history and they need a more detailed form with all that information
Question 1: What if I have more travel than the fields itself. Is it Ok, to attach a paper to the back of the form and upload it using my profile ? Will they accept it ? Also, the form has formatting for dates which would only accept month and year. I have been told specifically in the enquiry letter that I should provide day, month and year. Would it be Ok to fill the form by hand, scan and upload it with the extra pages ?

Question 2: Should I mention the travel that I did back and forth from my home country to Canada and my stay in Canada ? (I'm asking this as the form says only to mention countries outside country of origin and country of current residence and I'm in Canada right now.).

I'm really confused, please help

Last edited: