+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by qorax, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Biju..

Excuse my ignorance..!!!!!!!!!!! but what is the exact weight allowence to Canada ...???

and is it different from Airline to Airline ??

Thankx

T

2. From India the weight allowance is the same for all the Airlines it is 23kg X 2 Pcs
    So is from Dubai too
    Rgds
    Soby

3. Avoid purchasing that 64" suitcase.
    1. The a/lines r pretty strict with the overall dimensions of our baggages.
    2. The allowance of checked-in baggage is 23kgs X 1 from UAE, while 23kgs X 2 from Asia... for all a/lines.
    3. The max weight permitted is 32kgs in any one baggage, this is global regulations from ICAO.
    4. A large suitcase would easily fit-in more than 32kgs. And if u pack less - suitcase would've a lousy fit. It may also get damaged.
    5. The regular sized suitcases easily fit-in 23kgs++ of items. Thus, that's what we need, nowadays.

Your call !

Qorax

4. Thankx a Ton Soby...

T

5. Hi teacherji
    I stand corrected abt baggage allowance from dubai it's 23 kg X 1 pc as Capt Qorax said. Not 2 pcs
    Rgds
    Soby

6. Yes Soby... ;D

Thank you so much i did read his post... But thank you anyway for re-posting !!

God Bless !!

T ;D

7. HI SOBY
    CONGRATULATION TO REACH FINAL STEP AFTER A LONG WAIT
    WISH YOU A GOOD LUCK

8. hi teacherji

well said ;)

9. Thank you MMIQ

10. I traveled once and my wife twice on Dubai-Canada-Dubai route in last 6 months with two suitcases of 23 kg each, without paying anything extra on British Airways/Air Canada.
    Baggage allowance for passengers, travelling from only London to Canada by Air Canada, is one 23kg. bag only. But those travelling from ME and transiting in London are allowed two suitcases of 23kg. each.

11. Only Air Canada was permitting that, however curtailed since:

ECONOMY CLASS
    2nd bag – all other itineraries:
    - Tickets issued before September 7 or travel before October 11, 2011: Check a 2nd bag free of charge.
    - Tickets issued on or after September 7 for travel on or after October 11, 2011: Check a 2nd bag for $70 CAD (per direction).

Qorax
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/checked.html

12. Hi Capt Sorry to interfere.
    But the Emirates site says as below

Flight Summary
    Departure City Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Arrival City Toronto, Canada
    Class Economy
    Skywards Tier Not a member (Join Skywards) Modify search
    Checked Baggage
    Hide detail
    Number of bags allowed Two (2)
    Standard allowance per bag 23 kgs
    Maximum allowance per passenger 2 bag(s) of 23 kgs each
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    http://www.emirates.com/ae/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/baggage_calculator_result.aspx?departure=DXB&arrival=YYZ&class=Y&tier=sn&h=3e793e5a70ee78d99582c7e219923811fc538c0

13. Yes, u r right. However@nearly half the price of Emirates I could fly BA &/or KLM !

14. Yes Boss you are right. Price wise Emirates may be NO NO !

15. Hi Seniors and friends ,
    After a very very long wait i receive a good news from CHC , They schedule my interview on Nov,2011, so let see what is the next on my luck, any way as per my time line they arrange my interview after 2 1/2 year from filing a case.I hope now every thing go smoothly no more lonnnnnnnnnnnnng wait .