Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mikextr23 said:
Hi Guys! Just want to share a brief and sweet landing experience my wife and I had last Aug 7, 2011.

We flew via British Airways from Dubai-Heathrow-Toronto. The flight was very tiring. Our flight from Heathrow was delayed for almost an hour for some reason. We were just sitting in the plane waiting. When we arrived in Pearson airport everything was smooth and easy. There is a guy sitting next to the trolley area where you can exchange some bills to coins if you want the trolley. We needed two trolleys as we have a total of 9 bags with us :) After that we went straight to immigration. From there we were asked if it's our first time here in Canada and what do we intend to do. We said that we're doing our first landing as immigrant. After that, the IO welcomed us and refer us to another IO where we showed our landing papers. We were asked here how much money we have as per our declaration in the embarkation card we filled upon landing. The officer was very nice. After he finished writing some stuff in our landing paper he then referred us to the customs area. But before we got there, there are a couple of Canadians that stopped us to give us several pamphlets and brochures. They said that these would help us settle in here easily. After that we went straight to the customs area where we were ask again about our POF. I told the officer that we carried some cash and some DD. i told him if he wanted to see them but he declined. He just asked me to bring our the two DD's i have. He then copied some details of my DD's in a form that he kept for himself. Note that my wife and didn't have any goods to follow so in turn, the officer didn't bother looking at my goods list with me including the photos of our jewelries. The officer told me that we don't need to leave any copy of our goods list as we have them all with us now. We only need to leave a copy if we have goods to follow After that we went out and find our relative waiting for us patiently as we our delayed for more than 2 hours. The next day, we went out to get our SIN numbers. Again it was very smooth and fast. We're planning to get our OHIP and bank accounts today but unfortunately it is raining so my wife and I decided to stay at home for now to rest.

Now my next step is to look for job and hoping that i can land a job soon. I'm eying to join the same company were i used to work in Dubai. Hopefully they'll entertain me. In the meantime, we'll be enjoying our rest!

Thanks for all the help I got from this forum. Even though don't post as much. Just by reading several posts from other people here really helped a lot and answered my questions. So to all the people who frequent here, i salute you and continue your genuine support to people like us who really benefited from your great help. Again, pleas accept my sincerest gratitude! God bless you all and good luck to the rest of the people here waiting for their visas!

mike
Congrats Bro...
And Welcome to Canada !

Qorax

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
Goal7354 said:

Hi Members,
I have sent an Explanation letter to them today along with my corrected IMM 0008 form requesting them to include the same in my original application.
Hope prevails.....
Wish me luck !!

Good Luck Buddy ...... hope for the best :D

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
mikextr23 said:
Hi Guys! Just want to share a brief and sweet landing experience my wife and I had last Aug 7, 2011.
We flew via British Airways from Dubai-Heathrow-Toronto. The flight was very tiring. Our flight from Heathrow was delayed for almost an hour for some reason. We were just sitting in the plane waiting. When we arrived in Pearson airport everything was smooth and easy. There is a guy sitting next to the trolley area where you can exchange some bills to coins if you want the trolley. We needed two trolleys
Now my next step is to look for job and hoping that i can land a job soon. I'm eying to join the same company were i used to work in Dubai. Hopefully they'll entertain me. In the meantime, we'll be enjoying our rest!
Thanks for all the help I got from this forum. Even though don't post as much. Just by reading several posts from other people here really helped a lot and answered my questions. So to all the people who frequent here, i salute you and continue your genuine support to people like us who really benefited from your great help. Again, pleas accept my sincerest gratitude! God bless you all and good luck to the rest of the people here waiting for their visas!

mike
C O N G R A T S Mike - Very Happy to hear from you :D :D

Thanks for sharing and keep posting ur further experiences which will be a inspiration and guideline for new guys

Let all ur wishes come true in our Dream Land

Good luck and God bless to get job at the earliest.

Biju

andregabriel

Mar 23, 2011
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29Nov2010
AOR Received.
01March2011
IELTS Request
Submiited along with apps
File Transfer...
28July2011
Med's Request
04 Aug2011
Med's Done....
21Aug2011
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
???
Hi mike! Happy to hear that you and Winie landed safely in Canada.We miss u here in the church.

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
mikextr23 said:

We flew via British Airways from Dubai-Heathrow-Toronto. The flight was very tiring. Our flight from Heathrow was delayed for almost an hour for some reason. We were just sitting in the plane waiting. When we arrived in Pearson airport everything was smooth and easy. There is a guy sitting next to the trolley area where you can exchange some bills to coins if you want the trolley. We needed two trolleys as we have a total of 9 bags with us :) After that we went straight to immigration. From there we were asked if it's our first time here in Canada and what do we intend to do. We said that we're doing our first landing as immigrant. After that, the IO welcomed us and refer us to another IO where we showed our landing papers. We were asked here how much money we have as per our declaration in the embarkation card we filled upon landing. The officer was very nice. After he finished writing some stuff in our landing paper he then referred us to the customs area. But before we got there, there are a couple of Canadians that stopped us to give us several pamphlets and brochures. They said that these would help us settle in here easily. After that we went straight to the customs area where we were ask again about our POF. I told the officer that we carried some cash and some DD. i told him if he wanted to see them but he declined. He just asked me to bring our the two DD's i have. He then copied some details of my DD's in a form that he kept for himself. Note that my wife and didn't have any goods to follow so in turn, the officer didn't bother looking at my goods list with me including the photos of our jewelries. The officer told me that we don't need to leave any copy of our goods list as we have them all with us now. We only need to leave a copy if we have goods to follow After that we went out and find our relative waiting for us patiently as we our delayed for more than 2 hours. The next day, we went out to get our SIN numbers. Again it was very smooth and fast. We're planning to get our OHIP and bank accounts today but unfortunately it is raining so my wife and I decided to stay at home for now to rest.

mike
congrates mike..and thanks for sharing yr experience...gud luck buddy ;D

VINK

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London, CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
25-02-2010
Med's Request
Medical Req. yet to receive (In Process from Feb 8th, 2011)
mikextr23 said:

mike
Congrats Mike... :)

Please share your timeline... VO details... etc...

Regards,
VINK

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax what are the minimum requirements (at least) to be eligible to buy an average house in Ontario? Could you please give some tips and advise on this subject?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
suwail said:
Qorax what are the minimum requirements (at least) to be eligible to buy an average house in Ontario? Could you please give some tips and advise on this subject?
1. Couple of months of Canadian residence [at least 8 months].
2. Good Credit History/Rating.
3. Be able to demonstrate a 'steady income'.
4. 20% down Payment [if u can get a good realtor].
5. Else, 35% d/payment, if not spend a yr.+ here.

Qorax

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
1. Couple of months of Canadian residence [at least 8 months].
2. Good Credit History/Rating.
3. Be able to demonstrate a 'steady income'.
4. 20% down Payment [if u can get a good realtor].
5. Else, 35% d/payment, if not spend a yr.+ here.

Qorax
Thank you again Qorax!

mikextr23

May 10, 2011
VINK said:
Congrats Mike... :)

Please share your timeline... VO details... etc...

Regards,
VINK
Hi Vink! Here's my timeline:

Aug 17, 2009: Nova Scotia received our papers
Oct 6, 2009: Received file number
October 14, 2009: London Visa Office received our papers from Nova Scotia
March 24, 2010: Processing started at London Visa Office
Aug. 3, 2010: Medical Request
Aug. 28, 2010: Submitted our medical results
Mar. 22, 2011: Request for passport for visa stamping
Apr. 3, 2011: Sent our passport
Apr. 20, 2011: Received our passports with Canadian maple leaf visa stamp!

mikextr23

May 10, 2011
SATDXB said:
For Bank a/c, i have gone myself for SCOTIA BANK, I found it good. And secondly for mobile plan, i will refer you to follow the advise of our GREAT CAPTAIN!!

I'm with WINDMOBILE since the day of landing... it's about a yr now... been all over Canada with it... travel a lot -- had NEVER A PROBLEM // No Dropped-Calls // No Coverage Failures // Neither in the GTA - nor beyond -- am I being lucky?

Qorax
Ps.: My internet is thru Windmobile too... using the WindSTICK as I write now. Plainly my opinion - I think Windmobile is a 'boon' to us... especially the newcomers -- where else can I get all unlimited @ $25/month?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/do-not-get-wind-mobile-t65082.0.html

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers...
Thanks bro!

mikextr23

May 10, 2011
qorax said:
Congrats Bro...
And Welcome to Canada !

Qorax
Thanks bro as well! You've been very instrumental not only to me but to all the successful immigrants who turned to you for help before arriving here in Canada! God Bless you always!