+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Hello All,

I have a question. I submitted my application under Federal Skilled worker and recently got an ITA. I was going through one of the blog when I realized i would need to submit birth certificate as well. Honestly i wasn't even aware that I have one for me but when I checked with my parents I do have my birth certificate. The problem is my birth place is different in birth certificate (it is in Punjab, India) from what is mentioned on my passport (Delhi, India). Now I can think of 2 options:

1) I change my birth place in my passport and update this in my application. The problem I feel in this one is that They have already sent me ITA now if I will change my passport number I hope they don't reject my application on grounds of discrepancy
2) Other option is my parents give me affidavit for Delhi, India as mentioned on my passport.

Can anyone suggest which option is better. All other details match in my birth certificate and passport except birth place. That too country is same it is just the city which is different.

Really stressed on this one .

thanks a lot in advance.
SG
Where it is mentioned to Submit Birth Certificate? They do not ask for birth certificate for primary applicant, they ask it for minor accompanied in the application. Don't worry once you verified the information on ITA and submitted, You will get a document list which need to be submitted and it will not contain your birth certificate for sure.

Reactions: usijan

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Hi.. I finally got the email to submit the passport with photographs. Please can someone advise how long does it take to get the visa stamped and passport back?

Regards
Divyesh
I have submitted on 14th to VFS dubai, it is showing in processing at visa office since 15th August. I am yet to recieve it back.

Divyesh

Aug 15, 2017
I have submitted on 14th to VFS dubai, it is showing in processing at visa office since 15th August. I am yet to recieve it back.
Thanks for the info...i submitted mine on 21st.... i have heard some people say it is normally done in 2 weeks....not sure why the delay...

cdasoon

Jul 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

I just want to ask about employment record. My actual job as per my Employment Certificate is Executive Assistant to the CEO (as well as applied NOC), while the designation in my UAE Residence / Work Visa is stated as Senior Sales Executive. Please advise if I need to attach a Letter of Explanation for this difference or is it common here in the UAE?

Thanks in advance.

rumana1993

Apr 5, 2017
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
I got it from ADCB, Ask them a letter showing your total funds converted into CAD currency same letter will have any outstanding of credit card or any loan. For statement ask them to provide you hard copy of last 6 months statement which is 5 months free and extra one month it is 25 dhs. Letter cost is 100 dhs. All the best.
Hi,

I have submitted my ITA documents recently. I have uploaded all the correct documents for POF ( balance confirmation, bank statements) but I currently have 2 accounts in my bank (adcb) which reflected in my balance confirmation, the first account had the proof of funds & salary and the 2nd account was just opened 10 days before submitting my application and was just opened for better interest rates and had nothing to do with my ita, the balance was almost 0 in the 2nd account, because it was just opened I was unable to get a bank statement for that. My worry is that CIC has asked to disclose all the statements for all accounts, because my account was new I was unable to do so, will my application be rejected?

Kindly let me know as I am worried, Thankyou!

Reactions: kamalnba

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Dear Members,

I have got translation of few documents from my native language to English by a certified translator in Dubai (not the ones in Canada).

The translator has provided me a separate certificate confirming the accuracy of the translation and the certificate is only signed and stamped by the certified translator, it is not notarised, I asked them whether they are certified for Canadian Immigration purposes which they confirmed.

They are licensed translators in Dubai, do I still need to get these translations notarised? Because what I understand is that all the translators practicing in U.A.E. are licensed and registered with Ministry of Justice and have to take oath for this purpose, so in a way a certificate provided by these translators does not need to be notarised. Is my understanding correct? Has anyone faced/facing a similar situation?

Thank You!

Last edited:

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi,

I have submitted my ITA documents recently. I have uploaded all the correct documents for POF ( balance confirmation, bank statements) but I currently have 2 accounts in my bank (adcb) which reflected in my balance confirmation, the first account had the proof of funds & salary and the 2nd account was just opened 10 days before submitting my application and was just opened for better interest rates and had nothing to do with my ita, the balance was almost 0 in the 2nd account, because it was just opened I was unable to get a bank statement for that. My worry is that CIC has asked to disclose all the statements for all accounts, because my account was new I was unable to do so, will my application be rejected?

Kindly let me know as I am worried, Thankyou!
Hi,

What I understand from your post is that you were unable to submit the 6 month bank statements for the newly opened bank a/c. The bank must have provided you with a reference/good conduct letter showing the date since you have been banking with them and the a/c numbers of all the bank accounts you are maintaining. If this is the case CIC would look for the 6 month bank statements for the newly opened a/c as well since the letter does not mention the date of opening of each a/c separately. If the reference letter from the bank does mention the date of opening of each a/c then IMO they would get to know that the a/c has recently been opened, but if the a/c opening date is not mentioned for each bank a/c in the letter then they might ask you to provide the bank statements.

Seniors may further advise you on this!

rumana1993

Apr 5, 2017
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
Hi,

What I understand from your post is that you were unable to submit the 6 month bank statements for the newly opened bank a/c. The bank must have provided you with a reference/good conduct letter showing the date since you have been banking with them and the a/c numbers of all the bank accounts you are maintaining. If this is the case CIC would look for the 6 month bank statements for the newly opened a/c as well since the letter does not mention the date of opening of each a/c separately. If the reference letter from the bank does mention the date of opening of each a/c then IMO they would get to know that the a/c has recently been opened, but if the a/c opening date is not mentioned for each bank a/c in the letter then they might ask you to provide the bank statements.

Seniors may further advise you on this!
Hello! Thankyou so much for your reply! The letter has mentioned the bank a/c numbers but does not say when the separate a/cs were opened. In fact it says that I have been banking with them since 2014 but did not state that the 2nd account was opened recently in 2017.

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hello! Thankyou so much for your reply! The letter has mentioned the bank a/c numbers but does not say when the separate a/cs were opened. In fact it says that I have been banking with them since 2014 but did not state that the 2nd account was opened recently in 2017.
Yeah, I have received a similar letter from them, thats what I am saying, they would not know when the new a/c is opened, it would be better to get hold of bank statement (no need for 6 months bank statement since the a/c is recently opened) for the newly opened bank a/c and send it through a CSE!

Best of Luck!