+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Hello house,

There have been a lot of talks about FSW landing in Quebec. All I see is people asking the question, "Can I land in Montreal?" but no one ever comes back to share the experience.

Please, Can someone (FSW) who have successfully landed in Quebec kindly share the experience?

Thank you very much.

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
silly question,

if you have a long connection Toronto to Regina, can you leave the airport and see the Niagara's fall and
then return to the airport and flight to Regina?

How this work?

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
tetunte said:
silly question,

if you have a long connection Toronto to Regina, can you leave the airport and see the Niagara's fall and
then return to the airport and flight to Regina?

How this work?
If you arrive at Toronto, I'm sure you will do your landing formalities there meaning you are a landed immigrant from that point. You can do what ever you like and want to do then.

You can even decide to cancel the connection flight and stay in Toronto for a week, lol.

Have fun.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
xls said:
Hello house,

There have been a lot of talks about FSW landing in Quebec. All I see is people asking the question, "Can I land in Montreal?" but no one ever comes back to share the experience.

Please, Can someone (FSW) who have successfully landed in Quebec kindly share the experience?

Thank you very much.
I have landed at Montreal but had connecting flight to Toronto. it was really nice and smooth process there.

Jagdeep.K.Chatha

Nov 23, 2016
INDIA
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27/01/2017
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
05/03/2017
Med's Request
19/09/2017
Med's Done....
29/09/2017
I would like to thank everybody.....I found this topic very informative..i dina get visa yet bt I received ma CSQ last week.I'm bit worried bcz i dnt have any kith n kin in Quebec n m totally unaware about this procedure...what to do after gettin visa n blah blah...

gud luck n cheers to olll.....

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Vats said:
I have landed at Montreal but had connecting flight to Toronto. it was really nice and smooth process there.
Thanks for confirming Vats! Is it true that you were not able to complete your 'Record of landing' in Montreal and completed that process with immigration officials in Toronto?

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
nis4 said:
Thanks for confirming Vats! Is it true that you were not able to complete your 'Record of landing' in Montreal and completed that process with immigration officials in Toronto?
I landed and completed all formalities in Montreal and left for Calgary the next day without any issues or questions asked.

Reactions: issac1990

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Hi friends,

My name is Luder. I am a Nova Scotia provincial nominee with PR visa issued just few days ago. I am planning to book airline tickets as early as possible to get better price. I am traveling from New Delhi, India.

I was able to find a great deal from one of the online agents. But the problem is this. I will reach Toronto first before Nova Scotia. I know that I can land in any province (except Quebec) before going to my destination province mentioned in my CoPR. But the transit time is 2 hours only from Toronto to Nova Scotia. My question is whether or not 2 hours is sufficient for immigration formalities, baggage collection (don't know if airline will do it or I'll have to collect and re-check in!), travel from International to domestic terminal (if needed) etc. I have planned to travel with my family; myself, my wife and two kids 7 and 3!

Please share your experience, if you've had something similar and your valuable advice/suggestion.

Thank you,

Luder

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Luder said:
Hi friends,

My name is Luder. I am a Nova Scotia provincial nominee with PR visa issued just few days ago. I am planning to book airline tickets as early as possible to get better price. I am traveling from New Delhi, India.

I was able to find a great deal from one of the online agents. But the problem is this. I will reach Toronto first before Nova Scotia. I know that I can land in any province (except Quebec) before going to my destination province mentioned in my CoPR. But the transit time is 2 hours only from Toronto to Nova Scotia. My question is whether or not 2 hours is sufficient for immigration formalities, baggage collection (don't know if airline will do it or I'll have to collect and re-check in!), travel from International to domestic terminal (if needed) etc. I have planned to travel with my family; myself, my wife and two kids 7 and 3!

Please share your experience, if you've had something similar and your valuable advice/suggestion.

Thank you,

Luder
I wouldn't run that risk if I were you. Since your landing formalities will be completed in Toronto and added to the fact that Toronto is a very busy airport, 2 hours of transit time is not sufficient IMO. Please have at least 4 - 5 hours transit time at Toronto - do not take the risk of missing the connecting flight.

Use skyscanner.com in incognito mode to check prices - they have some pretty good deals.

All the best!

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
I wouldn't run that risk if I were you. Since your landing formalities will be completed in Toronto and added to the fact that Toronto is a very busy airport, 2 hours of transit time is not sufficient IMO. Please have at least 4 - 5 hours transit time at Toronto - do not take the risk of missing the connecting flight.

Use skyscanner.com in incognito mode to check prices - they have some pretty good deals.

All the best!
Hi Rajkamal,

Thanks for your quick response. You guessed right, I was using skyscanner.com. But I didn't know incognito mode. I'll try that. I certainly understand your concern. 2 hours of transit time won't be enough at all even if things happen lightning fast! I can picture that. Thanks, again.

Best,

Luder

serenity_eee

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
File Transfer...
27-01-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi

I would like to know for someone who has got PR (FSW14) and wants to go to Quebec after landing in Toronto. Consider she has got SIN using a non-Quebec address. Now if she moves to Montreal, should she expect any difficulties like Health Care facilities, Employment benefits, education in future for children (born in non-Quebec). It is understandable that first year she cannot claim any benefits. But how about the bursaries (living expense) that people enjoy while they are in full time education in Montreal? If she stays there for one year, can she claim social benefits for employment and children? Will there be any problem later in future when she will apply for citizenship?

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
Luder said:
Hi friends,

Thank you,

Luder
NO NO NO! 2hours are not at all enough! You need at least 4-5 hours for immigration purposes.

Gaurav03

Apr 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have recently got my Visa stamped and COPR. I applied under Nova Scotia PNP in 2016.
Now I am planning to travel Canada however before proceeding further with tickets, I am seeking for the information regarding Port of Entry.
In my COPR the POE is Halifax, however what if I stay for a week in Toronto to meet my cousin who has recently moved there and later after a week move to Halifax permanently. Will do the tickets from Toronto to Halifax as well and handy as a proof at the time of landing in Toronto.

Can I do this way ? Will there be any hindrance at immigration check point in Toronto If I do So?

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
Gaurav03 said:
Hello everyone,

I have recently got my Visa stamped and COPR. I applied under Nova Scotia PNP in 2016.
Now I am planning to travel Canada however before proceeding further with tickets, I am seeking for the information regarding Port of Entry.
In my COPR the POE is Halifax, however what if I stay for a week in Toronto to meet my cousin who has recently moved there and later after a week move to Halifax permanently. Will do the tickets from Toronto to Halifax as well and handy as a proof at the time of landing in Toronto.

Can I do this way ? Will there be any hindrance at immigration check point in Toronto If I do So?
You are good to go once you show them the tickets for your onward journey to Halifax!

Russ

Jim robster

Mar 29, 2017
Hi

I would like to know for someone who has got PR (FSW14) and wants to go to Quebec after landing in Toronto. Consider she has got SIN using a non-Quebec address. Now if she moves to Montreal, should she expect any difficulties like Health Care facilities, Employment benefits, education in future for children (born in non-Quebec). It is understandable that first year she cannot claim any benefits. But how about the bursaries (living expense) that people enjoy while they are in full time education in Montreal? If she stays there for one year, can she claim social benefits for employment and children? Will there be any problem later in future when she will apply for citizenship?

I had the exact same query

Can any senior member of the forum assist and help??

Also if one spends 2 months in Ontario and then moves into Quebec for education, is it acceptable???