+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xohairtoo said:
Hi all,

I'm a Provincial Nominee of Nova Scotia, and i have sent my passport for Visa. My POE is Nova Scotia too. But I have planned to take a flight to Halifax Via Montreal. Follwing are my Questions:

1. Upon my first arrival, where will my immigration and Record of Landing take place; Montreal or Halifax, Nova Scotia?
2. Can i stay in Montreal for first few days? And then go to Nova Scotia?

(1) It will usually be the first place that you land. So, it will be Montreal.

(2) Your stay in Montreal will be dependent on your flight arrangement. But remember that you are expected to be in Nova Scotia which is where you have been nominated. How do you explain that you landed in Canada as a provincial nominee of Nova Scotia and you landed first in Montreal and instead of proceeding to Nova Scotia, you decided to stay in Montreal , let us say for about a week. It is better you complete your landing and get to Nova Scotia and then return to Montreal for the event. Then after the event, you can return to Nova Scotia.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhi said:
Hi all,

I received my PR through MPNP. As per my COPR my destination city is winnipeg.
Now, I have purchased tickets for winnipeg through stay at toronto airport. My all landing formalities would be completed at Toronto.
My question is that actually i have my cousions marrigae at Brampton for which i have to stay in toronto 2 weeks & after that i have flight from toronto to winnipeg. I have single ticket for both toronto & winnipeg.
So pls. let me know is thr any issue if I will stay in toronto.....???? I mean is port entry officer may or may not create any hindrance to PR.
Please provide ur valuable advice.....

They may want to know why you are not going to Winnipeg immediately. They might be convinced if they see that you have already concluded arrangement to move to Winnipeg after attend the programme in Brampton. So, just be ready to give more convincing reasons in case they ask because you are supposed to get to your province of nomination first before any other place. They might just think that you have lied.

Engineer80

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dear all

i am provincial nominee immigrant and nominated by SINP...got my immigration visa....actually I mentioned city Regina for landing at the time application due to my friend ....when I received COPR THAT Regina is mentioned at Landing Papers (COPR)...Now what to do? actually my same friend moved to Saskatoon ...he could help me for accomodation and other things......

it will be problem for me at the time of landing ......even i booked the tickets for saskatoon....please suggest me ...what to do?? province is same but city is different.....is it ok????

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Engineer80 said:
Dear all

i am provincial nominee immigrant and nominated by SINP...got my immigration visa....actually I mentioned city Regina for landing at the time application due to my friend ....when I received COPR THAT Regina is mentioned at Landing Papers (COPR)...Now what to do? actually my same friend moved to Saskatoon ...he could help me for accomodation and other things......

it will be problem for me at the time of landing ......even i booked the tickets for saskatoon....please suggest me ...what to do?? province is same but city is different.....is it ok????

I do not think that there will be problems with this in as much as you are in thesame province. If you are asked, just mention that you will definitely go to Regina. But i do not think you have to worry at all.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Engineer80 said:
Dear all

No. You can land in Saskatoon without any repercussions. As a matter of fact, you can "land" in any city in that province that nominated you.

Reactions: tobs

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rhi said:
Hi all,

I received my PR through MPNP. As per my COPR my destination city is winnipeg.
Now, I have purchased tickets for winnipeg through stay at toronto airport. My all landing formalities would be completed at Toronto.
My question is that actually i have my cousions marrigae at Brampton for which i have to stay in toronto 2 weeks & after that i have flight from toronto to winnipeg. I have single ticket for both toronto & winnipeg.
So pls. let me know is thr any issue if I will stay in toronto.....???? I mean is port entry officer may or may not create any hindrance to PR.
Please provide ur valuable advice.....
It is always advisable to carry an immediate onward ticket to the province that nominated you when you are landing for the first time. However, you can reaffirm your intent to reside in Manitoba (ONLY IF ASKED). You can mention your reasons as to why you want to stay in Toronto for a couple of weeks. However, if you have a chance to change your travel plans, I would strongly recommend you to land in Winnipeg, complete your landing formalities and then visit Toronto. Would be hassle-free.

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
This is very good and useful forum and touches very sensitive issues, well done

xohairtoo

Nov 6, 2013
GENTLEANDREW said:
(1) It will usually be the first place that you land. So, it will be Montreal.

(2) Your stay in Montreal will be dependent on your flight arrangement. But remember that you are expected to be in Nova Scotia which is where you have been nominated. How do you explain that you landed in Canada as a provincial nominee of Nova Scotia and you landed first in Montreal and instead of proceeding to Nova Scotia, you decided to stay in Montreal , let us say for about a week. It is better you complete your landing and get to Nova Scotia and then return to Montreal for the event. Then after the event, you can return to Nova Scotia.

Following is my flight plan which i have confirmed. Please let me know if i need to do some modifications in order to go through smooth Immigration process at Montreal Airport. I'm provincial nominee of Nova Scotia and my first stop will be Montreal Canada.

1. I'll fly from Pakistan -> Istanbul -> (reach) Montreal. (flight Confirmed)
2. Then 23 hrs and 45 min connection time and this time i would utilize it with my relatives in Montreal.
3. Fly from Montreal -> Halifax (flight Confirmed).
4. Go to Hotel already being reserved in Halifax.

ranita

Jun 15, 2016
HI... well I read the thread .. But I just wanted to be more sure before taking the next step . Is it fine to land in edmonton even though the destination filled by me was Toronto ? Can I do the landing formalities in Edmonton itself ? I dont plan to land in Toronto at all .Pls advice

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ranita said:
HI... well I read the thread .. But I just wanted to be more sure before taking the next step . Is it fine to land in edmonton even though the destination filled by me was Toronto ? Can I do the landing formalities in Edmonton itself ? I dont plan to land in Toronto at all .Pls advice
Yes, this is not an issue, you can do this as long as you did not apply for PR based on the nomination issued by Ontario.

ranita

Jun 15, 2016
Hi .. I just needed what to I require to land in Canada as P. R. Is it required to have a health Insurance ? How much bank balance do I need to show ? Is there anything which I will require . Please advice

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ranita said:
Hi .. I just needed what to I require to land in Canada as P. R. Is it required to have a health Insurance ? How much bank balance do I need to show ? Is there anything which I will require . Please advice
1) Health insurance is NOT required but it is advisable to get one until you are eligible to get your health card (For instance, it will take a while until you get Health Card from OHIP, Ontario but you are eligible for health plan immediately after landing in Alberta).

2) The minimum funds that you need to show depend on your family size -

Check here -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

In this context, your family means yourself, your spouse and your kids. You must show the minimum funds even if they are not accompanying you.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Every one

This is a very useful thread to get rid of some confusion regarding regarding where an applicant can land and stay in Canada after they got PR. Now i have some confusion regarding this and i hope expert members could clarify :

1. If i got the ITA from federal government without any nomination or employer support then it is obvious that i can land anywhere in Canada an live there.

2. If i got a provincial nomination for example nomination from Brunswick and get PR through that nomination then i have to stay land and stay a certain amount of time in Brunswick -- am i correct ?

3. If i got CSQ then i have to land and stay for a certain amount of time in Quebec - correct ?

Main thing which confuses me is that is there any difference between the PR visa which Canada immigration Authority stamped in an applicants passport ? for example some kind of condition which force a person to stay in a particular province ?

One of my friend recently got PR through CSQ and he said that he must have to stay in Quebec for at least 2 years. This sounds like provisional PR subclass 489 in Australia.

Now its up to the experts to clarify the confusion :)

Cheers !

PS : it would be fantastic if some one can post the actual image of the PR Stamp of Canada by hiding the confidential detail :)

minhkhoa

Apr 24, 2015
Dear All forum members

We're FSW , and we got CoPR with Destination province is New Brunswick

But now, we intend to land and settle in Toronto

Is there any issue on this? and Can we explain with reason that We can have more chance to find a jobs or we have friend there?

Please help.