+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document size requirement

asthag

Jul 16, 2017
Hey!

I received an ITA 2 months back and now I am submitting the docs.

While submitting proof of funds I created a doc with HDFC bank Letter + HDFC account statement + Citi bank letter + CITI acc statement + pnb bank letter + pnb account statement but then after making it 1MB the clarity has gone down. Ay idea what should be done?

Similarly for LOE, I have statements of 2 mutual funds + statement of share holdings. If I try to fit everything in 4MB the clarity goes down.

Did anyone face a similar situation?

asthag

Jul 16, 2017
Yes, they were earlier JPG files then I cast them into PDF. So the screen resolution has gone down to 50dpi. I am wondering what is acceptable.

sabharishj

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hi is it mandatory to show all the account statements [different banks]? I too have different accounts but I am planning to show a single account which has the POF... Pls clarify...

Also, have u liquidated MF or MF can be shown as POF without liquidating???

Hey!

I received an ITA 2 months back and now I am submitting the docs.

While submitting proof of funds I created a doc with HDFC bank Letter + HDFC account statement + Citi bank letter + CITI acc statement + pnb bank letter + pnb account statement but then after making it 1MB the clarity has gone down. Ay idea what should be done?

Similarly for LOE, I have statements of 2 mutual funds + statement of share holdings. If I try to fit everything in 4MB the clarity goes down.

Did anyone face a similar situation?

sabharishj

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
I have not come to the step which you are currently in. So pls forgive me if I answer something wrong or stupid :p... But upto my knowledge, if you scan with file type as JPEG and cast them into pdf you 'll lose clarity and there won't be any benefit.

Instead try scanning as a pdf in 100 or 150 dpi and definitely it should work..

Yes, they were earlier JPG files then I cast them into PDF. So the screen resolution has gone down to 50dpi. I am wondering what is acceptable.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I have not come to the step which you are currently in. So pls forgive me if I answer something wrong or stupid :p... But upto my knowledge, if you scan with file type as JPEG and cast them into pdf you 'll lose clarity and there won't be any benefit.

Instead try scanning as a pdf in 100 or 150 dpi and definitely it should work..
Agree that the OP should scan originals a PDFs not Jpegs which likely explains both size and quality issues.