+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to take IELTS again?

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by beckett, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I sent my IELTS result (8.5) with the initial set of documents submitted to London VO in May 2010. My e-cas is still In Process with RBVO details and there is no MR in sight. The validity of my IELTS expires in April 2012. Will I be asked to submit a new one if additional documents are requested? Should I book a place in advance as there are limited places?
    And does it matter that since I hold both MA and PhD degrees in English Literature from University of London (and already could have done without IELTS, but didn't to be 100% safe) I would not be asked to submit a new IELTS result?
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Beckett

2. No , there are no need to send IELTS again, cause they consider IELTS expiry when you applied.

3. Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

4. While asking for updated documents (which VO is doing for pre-june cases), they are giving the applicant chance to provide an improved IELTS result, if he/she wants to. This is optional and in case you do not submit improved scores, your file will be processed based on result submitted along with other documents.

5. I agreed with mehulca...

6. Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate it.