details of non accompanying spouse in my PR application,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petals1982 said:
Hi Leon

Thank you for your help on my previous queries.

Need your help once more. Im planning to apply for PR, however will be including my wife and kids as unaccompaning dependants as they are not ready to migrate at this moment . I understand they will have to undergo medical & security checks which is not an issue. My question is do I pay visa fee and do i have to submit their passports for stamping of visa although they are unaccompaning? Also when they are ready to join me in canada do I have to sponsor them or will they be issued visas automatically?

Many thanks & shall await your response.
If you do believe that they will be ready to join you within 3 years, I strongly suggest that you include them as accompanying because they will get the PR visa when you do, they have to go to Canada for a quick landing but then they have the PR card after that and can visit you or join you at any time.

If you include them as non-accompanying, you would not have to send their passport for visa stamping because they don't get a visa at that point. Once they are ready to join you, you would have to sponsor them and they will have to pass medicals and background checks again and the sponsorship can take anywhere from months to over a year depending on your visa office.

Madagascar1

Jun 5, 2015
Leon said:
He actually should have notified them about being common law once you reached one year of living together in July of 2016 but in any case, he must do it before he lands as a PR, otherwise he'd be in big trouble, misrepresentation etc.

There is really no difference in delay with accompanying vs. non-accompanying. You will still need medicals, background checks etc. You might as well make it accompanying and get your PR too at the same time.
Hi Leon,

We are actually going to get married in June 2017. Is it better for us to wait until after the wedding and change his status from single to married? Or should we change his status now to common-law?
If we update his status to common law now, I guess we will have to change our application again once we are married? Which do you think is the best way to go?

Thank you so much for your help

Bdrm

Feb 1, 2017
Hi Leon!!

I have read this thread and appreciate your responses. I am in a similiar case, where I am applying for the express entry programme; but my husband neither is supportive to plan for immigration nor interested to move out of the home country , in the current times atleast. I hope the situation might change for good in the future hopefully. So, now I have put spouse as non-accompanying in the application; but worried about the medicals, background check and his signatures; as I believe he might not provide his support on this. We lively separately for now, but nothing legal whether separation/divorce. Hoping for reconciliation in the future. To make things complicated, we have a baby of 2 years old.
Reading across this thread and other pages, I would like to ask; is it possible that if I provide a letter of explaination where I can put my current situation; will I be able to sponsor my spouse in future if everything goes well. What would I require as supporting documentation and letter.

Many thanks in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Bdrm said:
Hi Leon!!

I have read this thread and appreciate your responses. I am in a similiar case, where I am applying for the express entry programme; but my husband neither is supportive to plan for immigration nor interested to move out of the home country , in the current times atleast. I hope the situation might change for good in the future hopefully. So, now I have put spouse as non-accompanying in the application; but worried about the medicals, background check and his signatures; as I believe he might not provide his support on this. We lively separately for now, but nothing legal whether separation/divorce. Hoping for reconciliation in the future. To make things complicated, we have a baby of 2 years old.
Reading across this thread and other pages, I would like to ask; is it possible that if I provide a letter of explaination where I can put my current situation; will I be able to sponsor my spouse in future if everything goes well. What would I require as supporting documentation and letter.

Many thanks in advance
You are going to have no possibility of sponsoring him ever unless he completes all of the required medical and security examinations. Nor, given your current circumstances, will your application be approved unless he complies. Also, if you intend to take your child with you, you will require his permission or a court order for sole parental custody.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
You are going to have no possibility of sponsoring him ever unless he completes all of the required medical and security examinations. Nor, given your current circumstances, will your application be approved unless he complies. Also, if you intend to take your child with you, you will require his permission or a court order for sole parental custody.
Agreed. You may even have trouble immigrating yourself if your husband refuses to do the medicals / background checks unless you change your status to separated and ask to have him removed from your application completely with no option to sponsor him in the future.

As for the child, you either need your husbands permission to apply for his PR or you need sole custody. Will your home country legal situation allow you to leave with the child if your husband is opposed? This is something you need to work out.

Sh_aun

Mar 8, 2017
Hi guys, this forum is quite educative.
I am in a bit of a fix myself. So here is my own case.
My wife and I have been in Canada on an open work permit.
She recently applied for the express entry PR and declared me as unaccompanying.
A mail was sent to her to confirm if I would be accompanying or not and she confirmed I wasn't accompanying.
Later during the application, a passport request letter was sent to her and she went ahead to submit her passport.
Like a week later, an email came stating that she had to process my application whether I was accompanying or not and there was request for us to pay my processing fee as well as further application questions that we had to update on her CIC application.
After we submitted, her passport was returned with the PR visa, application closed on CIC but no update with regards to the processing fee paid for me or how to submit my passport.
We have sent a mail, logged a ticket and have been trying to call but no response.
Any ideas what to do next?

Reactions: Milh_Ottawa

ksaikiran

Mar 14, 2017
Hi all,

In my express entry profile when I mentioned my wife as "accompanying" with me, my CRS was 401. However, after finding out CRS increases if spouse is mentioned as "not accompanying", I made this change and my CRS increased to 427 purely on the basis of receiving ITA in tomorrow's March 15th draw. In order to not miss the chance of receving ITA I had to change the option although I would like to take my wife and child ASAP.

Could somebody explain the pros and cons of both the processes where spouse is either accompanied or not accompanied? Once I land in Canada can I start immediately dependent PR visa for my wife? How long that process would take?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ksaikiran said:
Hi all,

In my express entry profile when I mentioned my wife as "accompanying" with me, my CRS was 401. However, after finding out CRS increases if spouse is mentioned as "not accompanying", I made this change and my CRS increased to 427 purely on the basis of receiving ITA in tomorrow's March 15th draw. In order to not miss the chance of receving ITA I had to change the option although I would like to take my wife and child ASAP.

Could somebody explain the pros and cons of both the processes where spouse is either accompanied or not accompanied? Once I land in Canada can I start immediately dependent PR visa for my wife? How long that process would take?
1. if you choose to put her back as accompanying after AOR, your points can be still recalculated as if she was accompanying you at the moment of ITA. (the officer can doubt the purpose why she was not accompanying you and might take it as a way to cheat around system).
2. Also you can technicaly try to sponsor her right after landing, you would need to have canadian income history in order to proove your finances. So unless you are inland already, count more like 2 to 3 year before she can land as sponsored spouse.
3. It will be very complicated for the child you have (that one will get separated from one of the parents for rather long time (because sponsorship from inside Canada is longer than from outside).
4. With stated points above you practicaly say, that your wife is illiterate (less than secondary degree) and she speaks neither English, nor French. How about to check if you can get her assessments done as well?
5. And you still need to provide all PCC and medical from her.

So unless you are desparate to get in and do not bother what will it do to your private life, go ahaed.
Otherwise do the assessments and check for suitable PNP programs how to get in as a whole family.

Reactions: Milh_Ottawa

PatelTirth

Mar 20, 2017
Madagascar1 said:
Hello,

My boyfriend applied for a pr through the quebec skilled worker program in October 2015. Back then, we had lived together for 3months. His application was approved in Jan 2017.
We have now lived together for more than 1 year, which means we are now common law.
He has to declare a change of his marital status.
Is it better for him to have me as accompanying or non-accompanying family member? What would be the advantages of either options?
How long will his application be delayed if he added me as accompanying vs non-accompanying?
And finally, do i have to apply for a csq?

PS: we already live in Canada (him with a work permit, and me with a study permit).

Thank you!

Hey,
I have similar situation as you, can you please tell me what have you done to go forward?
I applied for my PR in June 2016 and married in Feb 2017, I told CIC about my martial status and now they are asking me to provide all documents for her including her CSQ to be submitted in 30 days. I have applied for her CSQ first week of march and it will take around 6 months to get it. Should i apply her as non accompanying to get may PR and at later stage sponsor her in family class? Or should I include her as accompanying and write letter explaining situation about csq and they will wait till I get her CSQ?

Thanks,
Tirth

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PatelTirth said:
Hey,
I have similar situation as you, can you please tell me what have you done to go forward?
I applied for my PR in June 2016 and married in Feb 2017, I told CIC about my martial status and now they are asking me to provide all documents for her including her CSQ to be submitted in 30 days. I have applied for her CSQ first week of march and it will take around 6 months to get it. Should i apply her as non accompanying to get may PR and at later stage sponsor her in family class? Or should I include her as accompanying and write letter explaining situation about csq and they will wait till I get her CSQ?

Thanks,
Tirth
Easy,
Forward what you have on hand. If you miss any document because of too long delivery date, forward application and communication that you are trying the best to get it. Add LOE and explain whole situation about that document and thats it.
Yes, it will postpone whole application until you have the missing one, but still better than sponsorship later on.

PatelTirth

Mar 20, 2017
Hey All,

I applied for my PR in June 2016 and married in Feb 2017, I told CIC about my martial status and now they are asking me to provide all documents for her including her CSQ to be submitted in 30 days. I have applied for her CSQ first week of march and it will take around 6 months to get it. Should i add her as non accompanying to get may PR and at later stage sponsor her in family class? Or should I include her as accompanying and write letter explaining situation about csq and they will wait till I get her CSQ? For information , I have all the documents for her other than CSQ.

Thanks,
Tirth

PatelTirth

Mar 20, 2017
vensak said:
Easy,
Forward what you have on hand. If you miss any document because of too long delivery date, forward application and communication that you are trying the best to get it. Add LOE and explain whole situation about that document and thats it.
Yes, it will postpone whole application until you have the missing one, but still better than sponsorship later on.
Thanks for your reply.
But what if I have doubt about getting her CSQ, Immigration Quebec has just changed criteria to get CSQ and also reduce points for Area of training. I am not sure if I will get her CSQ.
I am at exact 59 points, which should get me her CSQ, but I don't want to take chance as at later stage if CSQ application rejected than my PR application will be rejected too.

Let's say if I add her as non accompanying will it delay my PR application, I think in normal scenario i was expecting my passport request in may 2017, do you know how long it will be delayed. ?

Thanks again.,
Tirth

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PatelTirth said:
Thanks for your reply.
But what if I have doubt about getting her CSQ, Immigration Quebec has just changed criteria to get CSQ and also reduce points for Area of training. I am not sure if I will get her CSQ.
I am at exact 59 points, which should get me her CSQ, but I don't want to take chance as at later stage if CSQ application rejected than my PR application will be rejected too.

Let's say if I add her as non accompanying will it delay my PR application, I think in normal scenario i was expecting my passport request in may 2017, do you know how long it will be delayed. ?

Thanks again.,
Tirth
You are already on the federal level right?
In that case:
1. preliminary checks for your CQS certificate are already done long time ago
2. you were supposed to be assessed according to your family situation at the day of your application (or latest at the day when your certificate was issued).

Check rules regarding later family changes with CQS.
Good luck there.

PatelTirth

Mar 20, 2017
vensak said:
You are already on the federal level right?
In that case:
1. preliminary checks for your CQS certificate are already done long time ago
2. you were supposed to be assessed according to your family situation at the day of your application (or latest at the day when your certificate was issued).

Check rules regarding later family changes with CQS.
Good luck there.
Yes I am at federal level, I received my CSQ before I applied for PR appliation. But as I mentioned before I am married after I applied for PR ,so I have to get CSQ for my wife. And also include her in PR file. I did follow both steps.
I will get my wife's csq in 6 to 8 months. Maybe early next year.
Federal ask to submit all documents including CSQ in 30 days.
Now after adding my wife in CSQ application and points changed by immigration Quebec, i doubt that I will receive csq for her.
What will be safest option. ?
Should I add her as non-accompanying as not sure about csq. If yes , will I get my PR without her CSQ ? how long it can be delayed because of my wife's security and background check. ? In mean time if I get CSQ then I can add her as accompanying and give CSQ to federal. Else after getting my PR I can apply as family class.
Should I add her now, wait for csq and submit csq when I get it and get PR same time.

Thanks,
Tirth

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PatelTirth said:
Yes I am at federal level, I received my CSQ before I applied for PR appliation. But as I mentioned before I am married after I applied for PR ,so I have to get CSQ for my wife. And also include her in PR file. I did follow both steps.
I will get my wife's csq in 6 to 8 months. Maybe early next year.
Federal ask to submit all documents including CSQ in 30 days.
Now after adding my wife in CSQ application and points changed by immigration Quebec, i doubt that I will receive csq for her.
What will be safest option. ?
Should I add her as non-accompanying as not sure about csq. If yes , will I get my PR without her CSQ ? how long it can be delayed because of my wife's security and background check. ? In mean time if I get CSQ then I can add her as accompanying and give CSQ to federal. Else after getting my PR I can apply as family class.
Should I add her now, wait for csq and submit csq when I get it and get PR same time.

Thanks,
Tirth
I do not have very good news here.
Here is actually their legal text regarding CQS.

http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/gpi-npi/composantes_3/gpi-3-1.pdf
That one is in French only.

Your case is described on page 60, and it actually mean, that they can reopen your application and recheck it again as if your own CQS was never issued.
Plus the old one will become blocked and new one shall be issued.
So adding your accompanying spouse does restart whole process (also, your advantage is that you have right for it).
Now it is up to you to check if you can provide also needed documents from your spouse in order to get compensation points (AOT, age, education, French).