+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

details of non accompanying spouse in my PR application,

Perelka

Mar 14, 2015
Hi ..I just got back my passport with immigrant visa. I plan to go back home before March which is the validity date given to me . I am goin to pick up my son as well and bring to Canada. My application went smoothly though I did not include his father to my application as he was not visible to our life anymore. I gave all the supporting papers such as the affidavit of abandonment ..etc. therefore my application became successful .
my question is ... Is there anything else I should present to the immigration in Vancouver once we get back ?

abdul.baky

Oct 24, 2015
Dear All Expert,

I am planning for Canada Express Entry program. My wife have official passport (work in Government service in Bangladesh). Can i take her with me? if not then how long it will take to sponsor her after getting my PR or Canadian passport. My daughter is 3 years old & i will also take her with my wife but need to know how long it will take. Need your valuable suggestion here.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdul.baky said:
Dear All Expert,

I am planning for Canada Express Entry program. My wife have official passport (work in Government service in Bangladesh). Can i take her with me? if not then how long it will take to sponsor her after getting my PR or Canadian passport. My daughter is 3 years old & i will also take her with my wife but need to know how long it will take. Need your valuable suggestion here.
The simplest way to take them with you is to apply for them on your application. You will all get your PR visas together and can land in Canada together.

derdaaf

Feb 26, 2016
Hi,
I was wondering how your story ended up, since I'm in a similar position: I applied for Express Entry FSW and did not include my girlfriend once submitted (1 Sep 2015) and now (because still officially not common-law). I do want to sponsor her however.

Please let me know, I would help me a lot!

Thank you
David

Uchiha Itachi

Mar 21, 2016
Leon said:
As zardoz said, it is mandatory if you are married to include your spouse, either as accompanying or not accompanying on your application. If you do not do this, it is considered misrepresentation and you would never be allowed to sponsor your spouse and further, you could even lose your own PR.

If your spouse is planning on joining you in Canada within 3 years after you gaining your PR, I would strongly suggest that you include her as accompanying from the start. This way, she gets her PR when you do. She would need to make a trip to Canada to land as a PR before her PR visa expires but after that she can leave again. She can stay outside Canada for up to 3 years without risking her PR status.

If you include her as non-accompanying, even though she gets medicals and security checks, once you apply to sponsor her, these would have to be repeated and you would have to wait a long time for processing before she can join you in Canada.

Will an interview be required for the non-accompanying spouse?

ethu_25

Dec 16, 2015
Hi,

I am planning to apply in EE or PNP but problem is me and my wife are separated and we will apply divorce in near future. my questions are

1. do i have to mention my marital status as married or separated? i have marriage certificate, i dont have any separated certificate. we may get petition from court once we apply for divorce which includes our separation detail.

2. if i mention as a married and i will mention spouse will not accompanying with me then do i need signature of wife? because my wife will not support me for any kinds of signature.

Regards,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ethu_25 said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply in EE or PNP but problem is me and my wife are separated and we will apply divorce in near future. my questions are

1. do i have to mention my marital status as married or separated? i have marriage certificate, i dont have any separated certificate. we may get petition from court once we apply for divorce which includes our separation detail.

2. if i mention as a married and i will mention spouse will not accompanying with me then do i need signature of wife? because my wife will not support me for any kinds of signature.

Regards,
1) You need to be legally separated for CIC to accept your statement.
2) Not only that. She would have to take a medical examination as well as background checks.

ethu_25

Dec 16, 2015
zardoz said:
1) You need to be legally separated for CIC to accept your statement.
2) Not only that. She would have to take a medical examination as well as background checks.
but i am sure she will be not ready to cooperate then what option i have?

As per following link shall i get any chance to move forward for PR without her.

http://meurrensonimmigration.com/non-accompanying-dependants-and-medical-exams/

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/application-process-for-international-skilled-worker-and-saskatchewan-experience-categories#how-to-apply

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ethu_25 said:
but i am sure she will be not ready to cooperate then what option i have?

As per following link shall i get any chance to move forward for PR without her.

http://meurrensonimmigration.com/non-accompanying-dependants-and-medical-exams/

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/application-process-for-international-skilled-worker-and-saskatchewan-experience-categories#how-to-apply
As mentioned in the first link you supplied, it's considered on a case by case basis but historically IRCC has been very resistant to the exclusion of a separated spouse without some very good supporting documentation. You probably should work with a good lawyer to discuss your options. We can only provide general information here.

RIKHAN2000

Jun 15, 2016
I am a provincial nominee of Saskatchewan in Express Entry Stream. I have done everything till nomination considering my wife will come with me and got nomination for both of us. But now I don't want her to come with me and I want to settle down there first considering an alien country and some other issues. My question is if I chose my wife in my online PR application as "non accompanying" and like to sponsor and take her at a later stage; will it affect my application anyhow? Will I be able to take her at a later stage after 1 or 2 years? Will CIC ask for clarification why she is not coming with me?

diplo1978

Jan 24, 2017
Hello, I have a question. I am processing my PR but one of my kids still does not have any passport since she has a problem with her name and it will be fixed in 2-3 months. What should I do?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RIKHAN2000 said:
I am a provincial nominee of Saskatchewan in Express Entry Stream. I have done everything till nomination considering my wife will come with me and got nomination for both of us. But now I don't want her to come with me and I want to settle down there first considering an alien country and some other issues. My question is if I chose my wife in my online PR application as "non accompanying" and like to sponsor and take her at a later stage; will it affect my application anyhow? Will I be able to take her at a later stage after 1 or 2 years? Will CIC ask for clarification why she is not coming with me?
It shouldn't really matter for your application and nobody will ask you why.

However, I would suggest that you leave her as accompanying even if she is not ready to join you. She will need to make a quick trip to Canada to land as a PR before her visa expires and after that she can spend up to 3 years outside Canada before she will have to come back to complete the residency obligation.

If you believe that she will be ready to join you within 3 years, this will be a better option because with a PR card, she is free to enter Canada any time in order to visit you and when she is ready to join you, she can just join you and you don't lose time to sponsor her, which can easily take anywhere between months and a couple of years.

Madagascar1

Jun 5, 2015
Hello,

My boyfriend applied for a pr through the quebec skilled worker program in October 2015. Back then, we had lived together for 3months. His application was approved in Jan 2017.
We have now lived together for more than 1 year, which means we are now common law.
He has to declare a change of his marital status.
Is it better for him to have me as accompanying or non-accompanying family member? What would be the advantages of either options?
How long will his application be delayed if he added me as accompanying vs non-accompanying?
And finally, do i have to apply for a csq?

PS: we already live in Canada (him with a work permit, and me with a study permit).

Thank you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madagascar1 said:
Hello,

My boyfriend applied for a pr through the quebec skilled worker program in October 2015. Back then, we had lived together for 3months. His application was approved in Jan 2017.
We have now lived together for more than 1 year, which means we are now common law.
He has to declare a change of his marital status.
Is it better for him to have me as accompanying or non-accompanying family member? What would be the advantages of either options?
How long will his application be delayed if he added me as accompanying vs non-accompanying?
And finally, do i have to apply for a csq?

PS: we already live in Canada (him with a work permit, and me with a study permit).

Thank you!
He actually should have notified them about being common law once you reached one year of living together in July of 2016 but in any case, he must do it before he lands as a PR, otherwise he'd be in big trouble, misrepresentation etc.

There is really no difference in delay with accompanying vs. non-accompanying. You will still need medicals, background checks etc. You might as well make it accompanying and get your PR too at the same time.

petals1982

Jul 27, 2014
Hi Leon

Thank you for your help on my previous queries.

Need your help once more. Im planning to apply for PR, however will be including my wife and kids as unaccompaning dependants as they are not ready to migrate at this moment . I understand they will have to undergo medical & security checks which is not an issue. My question is do I pay visa fee and do i have to submit their passports for stamping of visa although they are unaccompaning? Also when they are ready to join me in canada do I have to sponsor them or will they be issued visas automatically?

Many thanks & shall await your response.