+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from the US and wants to immigrate to Canada

Rettyhillz

Aug 15, 2019
So i was deported from the US last year back to nigeria. I had a forgery charge (which i did 50 days in jail for cause it wasnt a felony) on me cause i was arrested with a fake work permit. I want to apply for permanent risedency in Canada and want to know if my deportation or record will affect my application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So i was deported from the US last year back to nigeria. I had a forgery charge (which i did 50 days in jail for cause it wasnt a felony) on me cause i was arrested with a fake work permit. I want to apply for permanent risedency in Canada and want to know if my deportation or record will affect my application.
The deportation will not impact your immigration process as long as you are 100% honest about your immigration history in your application.

The forgery charge like will have an impact. This likely means you are currently inadmissible to Canada due to your conviction. Assuming so, you will need to wait until five years have passed since you completed your jain sentence, at which point you will qualify to apply for rehabilitation to be able to enter Canada. Once the rehabilitation application is approved, you will the be able to apply for permanent residency. So if you only finish the 50 days sometime last year, you most likely have another four years to wait before you can apply for rehabilitation. Until then, you cannot enter Canada or apply to come to Canada.

bougti

Jan 18, 2019
The voluntary departure does not necessarily mean you have a clean record in the United States. You have to find the dispostion of the charges from the jurisdiction where you were charged in the United States. Then you have to determine if these charges would result in being criminally inadmissible to Canada. For example driving under the influence of alchol is Canada is a criminal offence. People with this type of charge even if not convicted can be deemed inadmissible. It does not matter if you were convicted or not. You have to get the disposition of these charges and then probably seek professional advise to determine if you have a problem or not with criminal inadmissibility.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited: