+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delicate situation - Facing deportation?

Amy01

Mar 3, 2017
(I posted this thread in the general forum too, didn't know about this section until now, so if you see this thread in the other section, just answer in one of them, thank you!)

Hello,

I'm in a very tight and difficult situation at this moment...

My employer had applied for a visa where I can only work for them (Young Professional Visa). Circumstances had changed, and the employer could NOT hire me... long story short I started working for a construction company (I didn't know I couldn't work anywhere, but I do understand that is not an excuse for immigration, and the construction company did not know either)
Back in April 2017, the local Service Canada for the TFW program called the employer who had applied for my visa, just to confirm I was working there, my employer said no and Service Canada sent some documents to fill out in the same week of the call.
In may 2017, I went back to work with my original employer since I was only authorized to work with them, my second employer understood and I left on good terms.

Fast forward to about a month ago or so, Service Canada sent the exact documents again but with different dates (for timesheets, and paystubs proofs) and my employer had provided all the requested documentation.
TODAY, Service Canada called again and asked questions regarding the information provided on the documents and that's it. Now, we are just waiting for them to get back to us with an answer...

Please note, I applied for inland common-law sponsorship with an open work permit in Sept 2017.

- Will I get deported?
- Will my employer (the original one) be non-compliant? As well, as the construction company?
- Is my Permanent Residency application "safe"?
- Will they issue my open work permit?

Any advice or suggestions will much appreciate it. My partner and I are really anxious... :(

Thank you so much in advance!