+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DELF vs TEF

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Hi mbastudies,

Thank you your great efforts to assist on this forum.

I wondered if you could please send me some TEF & French stdy materials to assist me in preparing for the French tests for immigration to - chibuikei@yahoo.com.

Your help is really appreciated.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Chibiks,

I sent you the materials. Also arranged to have similar announcement here so that those interested can ask for it: http://iomcworld.com/blog/2010/04/12/tef-test-devaluation-du-francais-free-sample-questions/

chibiks said:
Hi mbastudies,

Thank you your great efforts to assist on this forum.

I wondered if you could please send me some TEF & French stdy materials to assist me in preparing for the French tests for immigration to - chibuikei @ yahoo.com.

Your help is really appreciated.

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
hello mba !

I'm very confuse of TEF exam. There are 3 compulsory module and 2 optional module.Do we need to give all these 5 module ? or 3 modules are enough for immigration purpose in general skill catagory. plz write me as soon as possible.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Satya,
If you want to apply for Federal Skilled Category, then you have to take all 5 modules! This is a must! Though the score for the "Lexique & Structure" part will not be important and counted for the immigration purpose.

satya said:
hello mba !

I'm very confuse of TEF exam. There are 3 compulsory module and 2 optional module.Do we need to give all these 5 module ? or 3 modules are enough for immigration purpose in general skill catagory. plz write me as soon as possible.

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
mbastudies said:
Hi Satya,
If you want to apply for Federal Skilled Category, then you have to take all 5 modules! This is a must! Though the score for the "Lexique & Structure" part will not be important and counted for the immigration purpose.
thank u for your quick response.
I've passed DELF A2 in 73% and trying to give TEF exam. I need 4 points from french language. what score should i get to get 4 points. there is maximum 2 points for elementary level. If I score 3 in TEF exam then what score will I get ?

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonjour Satya,

OK, as you said, if you are in the intermediate level in more than 2 of the modules, you will only get maximum of 2 points. So what you will have to do in order to get 4 points is for instance:

Scenario 1) You reach the level 5 or above in your TEF exam for at least one of the modules, which brings you directly 4 points.Which I think is far too difficult for you (and me) based on our French level now.

Scenario 2) You reach levels 4 in two of the modules, and hence yuou'll get 4 points.

Scenario 3) You reach level 3 in two of the modules and level 4 in at least one module, hence receiving 4 points.

I hope it is clear to you. Should you have any question, feel free to ask.

This is the Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) test score equivalency chart based on the Federal Skilled Workers guide (OP 6 Form):

Reading Writing Speaking Listening
High (CLB/SLC 8-12) Level 5/6 Level 5/6 Level 5/6 Level 5/6
Moderate (CLB/SLC 6-7) Level 4 Level 4 Level 4 Level 4
Basic (CLB/SLC 4-5) Level 3 Level 3 Level 3 Level 3

And here is how many point you will get under each leve (as shown above):

High (CLB/SLC 8-12) 2 points 2 points 2 points 2 points * This is in case French is your 2nd language
Moderate (CLB/SLC 6-7) 2 points 2 points 2 points 2 points
Basic (CLB/SLC 4-5) 1 points 1 points 1 points 1 points * A maximum of 2 points can be claimed from Basic level
satya said:
thank u for your quick response.
I've passed DELF A2 in 73% and trying to give TEF exam. I need 4 points from french language. what score should i get to get 4 points. there is maximum 2 points for elementary level. If I score 3 in TEF exam then what score will I get ?

K

katoky

@MBA,
MERCI MON AMI,
JE SHOUHATE QUE JE OBTENIRAI 3\4 POINTS.
KETOKY

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Katoky : Ensha'Allah :)

katoky said:
@ MBA,
MERCI MON AMI,
JE SHOUHATE QUE JE OBTENIRAI 3\4 POINTS.
KETOKY

K

katoky

hi mba,
mais je me suis inquiete pour ta situation.
je voudrais que ca va bien.
bon courage!!!!!!!!!
katoky

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
mbastudies said:
Bonjour Satya,

OK, as you said, if you are in the intermediate level in more than 2 of the modules, you will only get maximum of 2 points. So what you will have to do in order to get 4 points is for instance:

Scenario 1) You reach the level 5 or above in your TEF exam for at least one of the modules, which brings you directly 4 points.Which I think is far too difficult for you (and me) based on our French level now.

Scenario 2) You reach levels 4 in two of the modules, and hence yuou'll get 4 points.

Scenario 3) You reach level 3 in two of the modules and level 4 in at least one module, hence receiving 4 points.

I hope it is clear to you. Should you have any question, feel free to ask.

This is the Test d'évaluation de français (TEF) test score equivalency chart based on the Federal Skilled Workers guide (OP 6 Form):

High (CLB/SLC 8-12) Level 5/6 Level 5/6 Level 5/6 Level 5/6
Moderate (CLB/SLC 6-7) Level 4 Level 4 Level 4 Level 4
Basic (CLB/SLC 4-5) Level 3 Level 3 Level 3 Level 3

And here is how many point you will get under each leve (as shown above):

High (CLB/SLC 8-12) 2 points 2 points 2 points 2 points * This is in case French is your 2nd language
Moderate (CLB/SLC 6-7) 2 points 2 points 2 points 2 points
Basic (CLB/SLC 4-5) 1 points 1 points 1 points 1 points * A maximum of 2 points can be claimed from Basic level
thank u very much MBA. I got a lot of information from you.
and what is your score in TEF exam

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merci beucoup ma sœur.

katoky said:
hi mba,
mais je me suis inquiete pour ta situation.
je voudrais que ca va bien.
bon courage!!!!!!!!!
katoky

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Satya,
De rien! :)
When I took TEF, I was in level 3 of Alliance Francaise and I had A2 in Delf Exam (My score: 87.5%).
I reached level 3 in Writing, Speaking, and Lexique, but got level 1 in Listening and Reading.
Hence, I got 2 points.
I'm sure if you go over the materials I sent you and also take time to prepare yourself, you can get a good and satisfactory score.
Bonne Chance!