+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed BG checks for my spouse's application

Nour33

Feb 17, 2017
Hi,
I applied to sponsor my wife living in Somalia under Family class in May 2015, and the Canadian VO in Nairobi, Kenya is processing the application. They finalized everything in August 2016, except the background checks was started in September 2016 and until now Feb 2017 ( 6 months). The processing time was due on August 2016, and the file is 6 months overdue. Between September 2016 and Feb 2017 I made countless enquires to both IRCC in Canada and the VO in Kenya through my local MP and by my self , but they both responded the background check is still in progress. With no explanation from IRCC in Canada and the VO in Kenya why the background check is taking so long , It is really frustrating me, and it should not take 6 months for the background check, because my wife has done nothing wrong in her life. I am considering the option of submitting a Writ of Mandamus to the Federal Court against IRCC because the IRCC or their partner who is doing the background checks for my wife is keeping her file without good reason. By May 2017 the application will complete 24 months in process.

If anyone has gone through same and exact situation or has an solution please let me know what I should do to avoid further delay?
you can respond directly to my email saad2012_896@hotmail.com