+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deck officers, water transport (NOC 2273)

Escapeplan

Jul 20, 2017
Good day gents,

First of all excellent work starting this thread.

I have a couple of questions -

Can anyone tell me how to calculate work experience? I have 13 months as cadet and 18 months as an officer.
1. Is the time as cadet counted?
2. Is the 18 months equivalent to 3 years?

Thanks in advance.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Good day gents,

First of all excellent work starting this thread.

I have a couple of questions -

Can anyone tell me how to calculate work experience? I have 13 months as cadet and 18 months as an officer.
1. Is the time as cadet counted?
No.
2. Is the 18 months equivalent to 3 years?
Work experience calculation is based on being continous experience. There is still no absolute clarity on our Merchant Navy cases. If you donot get paid in leave period, count work experience to be 18 months to be on the safer side.

Thanks in advance.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Hi Dc.ca,I am going to submit my application by this week end. Do you have any idea how much time do they take to process our application. I have a friend waiting for ppr form last 4.5 months with status update medical passed from last 3 months in teaching profession, whereas a self practising doctor has got ppr in 2 months.

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Hi Dc.ca,I am going to submit my application by this week end. Do you have any idea how much time do they take to process our application. I have a friend waiting for ppr form last 4.5 months with status update medical passed from last 3 months in teaching profession, whereas a self practising doctor has got ppr in 2 months.
Hi gsohi2011,

Well, the time taken is quite subjective. One can only predict and that is wrong most of the times.

There are many factors involved (travel history, background checks, assigned visa officer, any other eye-raising conditions etc. etc., and even luck - sometimes an application can just lie there midway, without coming into the notice of case/visa officer for months).

IRCC is also known to sometimes speed up or down applications' movement due to their internal reasons unknown to applicants.

The present trend, however, seems pretty impressive. Many applicants with AOR in June/July have already received their COPR.
And yet many applicants from Feb/Mar/Apr are still stuck at IP1/2.

So basically, no matter what one may presume, it is something beyond our control and understanding.

Nonetheless, if you still ask - my best prediction is that applications submitted in July/Aug will get to see their decision before the end of this year, that is to say, IRCC is going on at full pace now. This, however, holds good for FSW-O applicants, not PNP.

All the best on your submission.

Good wishes to you.

-----------
Hit Like if you find it useful.

Reactions: gsohi2011

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Many thanks for your reply, What is the status of your application. When did you submit?

Sooraj.K.S

Aug 19, 2017
Hai Amarjot,
I am Sooraj , sailing as second officer with Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC). Glad to see helpful posts from you.
Self also trying for express entry and done with my IELTS (CLB 8). I request you kindly send your contact details as i can clarify my doubts - PH - 9567477620 , Mail - soorks@gmail.com.Thanking you in advance.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Planning for a Whatsapp group for all marine professionals, anyone wishing to join, message me your number.

Aug 18, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
kolkata
NOC Code......
Hi
I am Abhishek raj
Finally i found a thread which can answer all my doubt.
i am 2nd officer recenty cleared mates exam.
scince last few months i have gone through many websites and consultancy but i coundnt got my doubt cleared.
my problem is that i have done DNS diploma in nautical science leading to Bsc in nautical science from IGNOU.
Now i got only diploma in nautical science because my grade card showing my Bsc degree is incomplete due to lack of assignment marks.
I got certificate from my college proving i have completed all assignments.
Now it might be difficult to get Bsc degree.
SO with Diploma can i apply for EE.
I am ready to do whatever is required.
kindly help me out.
i will be highy appreciated.
I have one month to join before i take decision.
Any one with DNS course got ECA done please ping me abisraj@gmail.com
with regards
Abhishek raj

Dear Guys,

I am a Seafarer, Deck Officer (NOC 2273 - B - Ship Officer, Water Transport) and have a few queries with respect to my EE profile, as mentioned below -

Firstly, the nature of my job is quite different, it -

1. requires me to work 84 hours per week, for 2/3 months at a stretch -then- 2/3 months complete leave.
2. is mostly contractual type, 2/3 months contract and then sign a new contract to join a ship.
3. is such that I have worked with many employers/shipowners (more than 12 in last 7 years).
4. have travelled worldwide to 38 countries multiple times via ship.

Now, In the EE profile, what do I regarding -

A) filling in the 'hours of work' column (I am confused between 84 hours or 42 hours, due to my odd job-timings as written above)

B) work experience letter - I was contractually employed by 12 ship-owners/employers in last 7 years. And getting 12 work-experience letters for actual ship-owners would be extremely tedious. Should It judicious to request just one of the recruiting HR/crewing agency to give me a letter for all the work-years in Merchant Navy?

C) proof of funds - in all yesteryears, my salaries have been credited into my bank account by all those different ship-owners (their names are mentioned as well in bank statement entries' narration). And if I show a crewing agency as my employer for all previous years, and whereas my salary had been as deposited by various other parties at the different time. to add further, even the salary slips are issued by the ship-owners, not the crewing agency. Could it be a cause of concern/rejection while showing proof of funds?
Dear Guys,

I am a Seafarer, Deck Officer (NOC 2273 - B - Ship Officer, Water Transport) and have a few queries with respect to my EE profile, as mentioned below -

Firstly, the nature of my job is quite different, it -

1. requires me to work 84 hours per week, for 2/3 months at a stretch -then- 2/3 months complete leave.
2. is mostly contractual type, 2/3 months contract and then sign a new contract to join a ship.
3. is such that I have worked with many employers/shipowners (more than 12 in last 7 years).
4. have travelled worldwide to 38 countries multiple times via ship.

Now, In the EE profile, what do I regarding -

A) filling in the 'hours of work' column (I am confused between 84 hours or 42 hours, due to my odd job-timings as written above)

B) work experience letter - I was contractually employed by 12 ship-owners/employers in last 7 years. And getting 12 work-experience letters for actual ship-owners would be extremely tedious. Should It judicious to request just one of the recruiting HR/crewing agency to give me a letter for all the work-years in Merchant Navy?

C) proof of funds - in all yesteryears, my salaries have been credited into my bank account by all those different ship-owners (their names are mentioned as well in bank statement entries' narration). And if I show a crewing agency as my employer for all previous years, and whereas my salary had been as deposited by various other parties at the different time. to add further, even the salary slips are issued by the ship-owners, not the crewing agency. Could it be a cause of concern/rejection while showing proof of funds?

D) police clearance certificate - In my passport(s), apart from usual arrival/departure entries from airports around the world, I have had some (3-three +) temporary working visas from Malaysia (of 3 months each) to work in the offshore Malaysian oil fields aboard ships. Malaysian authorities will not issue me a PCC, as I have not stayed in Malaysia (on the land). I was in fact only at sea, away from the land & territorial waters. Could I be required to produce PCC from Malaysia by the Canadian visa officer?

It would be a great help to me, if you guys please reply.

Regards,
DeeCee.

D) police clearance certificate - In my passport(s), apart from usual arrival/departure entries from airports around the world, I have had some (3-three +) temporary working visas from Malaysia (of 3 months each) to work in the offshore Malaysian oil fields aboard ships. Malaysian authorities will not issue me a PCC, as I have not stayed in Malaysia (on the land). I was in fact only at sea, away from the land & territorial waters. Could I be required to produce PCC from Malaysia by the Canadian visa officer?

It would be a great help to me, if you guys please reply.

Regards,
DeeCee.

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Hi
I am Abhishek raj
Finally i found a thread which can answer all my doubt.
i am 2nd officer recenty cleared mates exam.
scince last few months i have gone through many websites and consultancy but i coundnt got my doubt cleared.
my problem is that i have done DNS diploma in nautical science leading to Bsc in nautical science from IGNOU.
Now i got only diploma in nautical science because my grade card showing my Bsc degree is incomplete due to lack of assignment marks.
I got certificate from my college proving i have completed all assignments.
Now it might be difficult to get Bsc degree.
SO with Diploma can i apply for EE.
I am ready to do whatever is required.
kindly help me out.
i will be highy appreciated.
I have one month to join before i take decision.
Any one with DNS course got ECA done please ping me abisraj@gmail.com
with regards
Abhishek raj
Abhishek,

I doubt you could qualify for minimum comprehensive ranking score (a.k.a CRS) if you just have a diploma.
I suggest you calcuate your CRS using CIC tool to see how much you score, if it is above 430 then you are good to go.
and if it is below than that, you got to explore some other avenues if you want to migrate to Canada.
Options to increase your score, assuming that your CRS is not reaching near the score of 430, include -
a) getting a bachelor/master degree recognized by Candian education credential assessment authorities,
b) having a wife with Masters or with 3+ years of work experience
c) excellent score in IETLS (equivalent to CLB 10 and above)
d) trying to secure PNP nomination
e) opting for a study visa, in case nothing else work out.
etc. etc.

P.S. - if there are any terms that I used and you are unfamiliar with, Google it - you will understand it.

Hope luck favours you in your dream of moving to Canada. Best wishes.

-----------------------------------
Hit Like if you find my response useful.

CaptBoparai

Sep 26, 2017
Dear All,

Thanks for raising issues on this forum as very few understand our profession completely to the extent that even our families do not understand what exactly we do..:)
I have been trying to start my immigration process but did not go ahead because of following doubts:

1.I have Equivalence letter for BSC Nautical science from Mumbai university.Is it considered for ECA. Which body will do the ECA for this?
2.Work experience as mentioned in above posts is a major grey area.I am master mariner with more than 5yrs sailing time in last 10 years

Recently applied for Visitor visa,got it for 10yrs.Have friends in Canada but no one in the world understands our profile...

I did IELTS(8.5 Band) but it is expired,will do again if there is any chance, please help on the subject.

CaptBoparai

Sep 26, 2017
Hi Mariner11,

It is a pleasure to see guys from Merchant Navy fraternity applying for Canadian Immigration. I welcome you in your endeavour.

Well, to be honest - If you are willing, you can do the process on your own.

But the catch is -
A) our profession is quite different; therefore the presentation of our case has to be done in a specific manner, otherwise our PR application might be refused.
B) Moreover, the efforts (time & energy) put in by an individual (like you and others) to learn the entire process & do the documentation become a tedious process in the middle (it does look simple till we receive ITA, but later when you are in the sensitive stage, then you realize that it could have been a judicious thing to take some expert help).
C) Although, try NOT to hire some normal consultants, even refrain from the big names in the market. They do not have much of clue for jobs like ours. Some will just say 'no' that they can't take your application, others will just brag that we have handled cases of Merchant Navy professionals. I suggest - do not trust blindly, it is very rare to find a consultant who has successfully handled such cases.

To sum up - you can most certainly do the application yourself & successfully obtain the PR of Canada. It is just a matter of choice whether you want to invest 8-10 months of your dedicated time & energy in finding/collecting rules, documents & other stuff etc --OR-- look for an expert in this immigration field (esp. who deal with Merchant Navy cases) suiting your budget.

You can be in Canada soon, just stay focused & resilient in your efforts.

Cheers.

(Hit 'like' if you find the information useful.)
Could you please suggest a decent Consultant in Delhi NCR.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Dear All,

Thanks for raising issues on this forum as very few understand our profession completely to the extent that even our families do not understand what exactly we do..:)
I have been trying to start my immigration process but did not go ahead because of following doubts:

1.I have Equivalence letter for BSC Nautical science from Mumbai university.Is it considered for ECA. Which body will do the ECA for this?
2.Work experience as mentioned in above posts is a major grey area.I am master mariner with more than 5yrs sailing time in last 10 years

Recently applied for Visitor visa,got it for 10yrs.Have friends in Canada but no one in the world understands our profile...

I did IELTS(8.5 Band) but it is expired,will do again if there is any chance, please help on the subject.
You should first check your crs score with this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
If you can get a decent of above 430, ITA can be expected in future draws. Regarding your degree, it will be evaluated by WES as equivalent to bachelors degree in Canada. For more info visit: https://www.wes.org/ca/
Regarding Work experience its still not sorted but as long as experience letter can be procured with showing no gap in between, it should go through.

CaptBoparai

Sep 26, 2017
You should first check your crs score with this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
If you can get a decent of above 430, ITA can be expected in future draws. Regarding your degree, it will be evaluated by WES as equivalent to bachelors degree in Canada. For more info visit: https://www.wes.org/ca/
Regarding Work experience its still not sorted but as long as experience letter can be procured with showing no gap in between, it should go through.
Dear Gsohi,
Many thanks for your kind reply.