+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deck officers, water transport (NOC 2273)

naren.ratnu

Jun 26, 2016
HI D
Hi Mariner11,

It is a pleasure to see guys from Merchant Navy fraternity applying for Canadian Immigration. I welcome you in your endeavour.

Well, to be honest - If you are willing, you can do the process on your own.

But the catch is -
A) our profession is quite different; therefore the presentation of our case has to be done in a specific manner, otherwise our PR application might be refused.
B) Moreover, the efforts (time & energy) put in by an individual (like you and others) to learn the entire process & do the documentation become a tedious process in the middle (it does look simple till we receive ITA, but later when you are in the sensitive stage, then you realize that it could have been a judicious thing to take some expert help).
C) Although, try NOT to hire some normal consultants, even refrain from the big names in the market. They do not have much of clue for jobs like ours. Some will just say 'no' that they can't take your application, others will just brag that we have handled cases of Merchant Navy professionals. I suggest - do not trust blindly, it is very rare to find a consultant who has successfully handled such cases.

To sum up - you can most certainly do the application yourself & successfully obtain the PR of Canada. It is just a matter of choice whether you want to invest 8-10 months of your dedicated time & energy in finding/collecting rules, documents & other stuff etc --OR-- look for an expert in this immigration field (esp. who deal with Merchant Navy cases) suiting your budget.

You can be in Canada soon, just stay focused & resilient in your efforts.

Cheers.

(Hit 'like' if you find the information useful.)
Hi DC.CA Thanks for all your valuable time to help us all here. My sincere regards. I am also a fellow ship mate need your help here, can you please suggest a name of good consultant who understand our case please ..would be thankful for whole of my life. I really need some expert guidance here can't do it by myself. Please reply 9024803315

Reactions: vipul.rathod2015

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Thank you for your reply DC. Let me know how to get in touch with you to enroll for the PR process. I am currently sailing and will be signing off soon to start the process.
Kind regards,
VickyL
Your welcome, VickyL. Happy to help.

You can PM me, when you sign off.

Bon Voyage !

Reactions: SINGH26

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
I need your help please. I am also a ship officer . Got student visa refusal so now wants to apply for PR. Can anybody please reply. DC.CA please amy suggestions ..
Hi naren.ratnu,

Oh, that's not good to hear about your student visa refusal. But for sure, there must be a better plan for you ahead. Keep walking.

Have you calculated your CRS Score, what score do you get?

The first thing is to see your CRS score before commenting anything further.

For true CRS calculation, one must have a) valid IELTS TRF and b) ECA for his/her academic qualifications.
I assume you have valid IELTS TRF since you had applied for student visa recently.
For ECA, you can assume (for CRS sake) the same qualification that you obtained in your country for the Canadian level of education column.

(Hit 'like', if you find it useful... I appreciate your likes & it counts)

Reactions: naren.ratnu

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
HI D

Hi DC.CA Thanks for all your valuable time to help us all here. My sincere regards. I am also a fellow ship mate need your help here, can you please suggest a name of good consultant who understand our case please ..would be thankful for whole of my life. I really need some expert guidance here can't do it by myself. Please reply 9024803315
Hi naren.ratnu,

Glad, these posts are of some help to you.

As previously explained above in Point C, may refer below link -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/deck-officers-water-transport-noc-2273.488195/page-2#post-6176862

None of the consultants I spoke to (from Y-Axis to WWICS and many another 30+ consultants) have a fair idea about our cases. And if they claim otherwise, I would really suspect them of lying.

I have received your PM, will revert to you in days' time as I am going to remain a little occupied till next week or so.

And stay positive, you will eventually find success in Canadian PR journey, provided you achieve a qualifying CRS score.

(Hit 'like', if you find it useful... I appreciate your likes & they count)

naren.ratnu

Jun 26, 2016
Hi naren.ratnu,

Glad, these posts are of some help to you.

As previously explained above in Point C, may refer below link -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/deck-officers-water-transport-noc-2273.488195/page-2#post-6176862

None of the consultants I spoke to (from Y-Axis to WWICS and many another 30+ consultants) have a fair idea about our cases. And if they claim otherwise, I would really suspect them of lying.

I have received your PM, will revert to you in days' time as I am going to remain a little occupied till next week or so.

And stay positive, you will eventually find success in Canadian PR journey, provided you achieve a qualifying CRS score.

(Hit 'like', if you find it useful... I appreciate your likes & they count)
Thank you very much for your help brother. You are my last hope now, I am not disturbing you now as you are busy. Yes I did my IELTS academic and got 7 bands but now preparing for IELTS general hopefully will get a decent band. My CRS is coming as 416. I just wants to speak with you once, if you can spare 10 minutes please of course that too when you are free from your work. 9024803315. I am really so tensed and depressed after my refusal, seeing you moving forward gives some hope to me as well ..I am really happy for you.
Thanks

naren.ratnu

Jun 26, 2016
Hi naren.ratnu,

Oh, that's not good to hear about your student visa refusal. But for sure, there must be a better plan for you ahead. Keep walking.

Have you calculated your CRS Score, what score do you get?

The first thing is to see your CRS score before commenting anything further.

For true CRS calculation, one must have a) valid IELTS TRF and b) ECA for his/her academic qualifications.
I assume you have valid IELTS TRF since you had applied for student visa recently.
For ECA, you can assume (for CRS sake) the same qualification that you obtained in your country for the Canadian level of education column.

(Hit 'like', if you find it useful... I appreciate your likes & it counts)
Please I am just waiting for you to get free from your work first so I can discuss my case with you once. I am totally confused and saddened with my recent visa refusal. Hope I can make this PR thing work with your help. If you can spare 10 mins please, I would like to talk to you once when you are free from your work. Would be a thankful for life.
Thanks
Narendra

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Thank you very much for your help brother. You are my last hope now, I am not disturbing you now as you are busy. Yes I did my IELTS academic and got 7 bands but now preparing for IELTS general hopefully will get a decent band. My CRS is coming as 416. I just wants to speak with you once, if you can spare 10 minutes please of course that too when you are free from your work. 9024803315. I am really so tensed and depressed after my refusal, seeing you moving forward gives some hope to me as well ..I am really happy for you.
Thanks
Hi Narendra,

I can completely understand your state. Stay strong, it is all temporary.
(There is a saying in Hindi, which goes - ''Kyun daren zindagi se, kuch na hoga to tazaruba hoga'')

Don't worry, I will speak to you tomorrow.

Cheers!

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Please I am just waiting for you to get free from your work first so I can discuss my case with you once. I am totally confused and saddened with my recent visa refusal. Hope I can make this PR thing work with your help. If you can spare 10 mins please, I would like to talk to you once when you are free from your work. Would be a thankful for life.
Thanks
Narendra
A word of caution -
Try not to give your phone no. in public, it is not really safe.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Hi Dc, i have got the experience letter from my company stating my work tenure which is more than a year on contractual basis,my duties, work hours and annual salary. My query is will only this doc enough for my work experience. Because if i attach my payslips or cdc it will show a gap. I am planning to attach this letter along with my coc.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Note to all seafares. Just declare your your local agency in your work experience. Never the principal employer that based in different country. On this way no need to provide PCC in each country you been there. Good luck.

Reactions: Simkash

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Hi Dc, i have got the experience letter from my company stating my work tenure which is more than a year on contractual basis,my duties, work hours and annual salary. My query is will only this doc enough for my work experience. Because if i attach my payslips or cdc it will show a gap. I am planning to attach this letter along with my coc.
Hi gsohi2011,

You have correctly mentioned things except one, I will reaffirm in points below -

1) Do include your CoC, It is definitely a positive addition to prove your employment and work experience.

2) And, exclude CDC, it is the best approach to avoid going into an unwarranted explanation of continuous and non-continuous experience at this stage. If it is asked at a later stage, you can show it then and prove your stance accordingly, but not wise to show it initially.

3) You may include a couple of random payslips, e.g. most recent one (if you just signed off) and one in between just to further prove your work experience. Most of the PR applicants adopt this practice, they don't usually add all the payslips, therefore you can make use of this practice. However it is a personal choice, if you deem to not include your payslips, it is still okay. It is just a positive addition, not a mandatory requirement.

4) Most importantly, get your experience letter state that you are/were a permanent full-time employee. Mentioning contractual employment will jeopardise your PR application. I can not stress this enough. Because when you are a contractual employee then definitely your experience is not continuous, and you know eligibility for FSW programme.

All the best.

(Hit 'like', if you find it useful... Your likes count.)

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Hi gsohi2011,

You have correctly mentioned things except one, I will reaffirm in points below -

1) Do include your CoC, It is definitely a positive addition to prove your employment and work experience.

2) And, exclude CDC, it is the best approach to avoid going into an unwarranted explanation of continuous and non-continuous experience at this stage. If it is asked at a later stage, you can show it then and prove your stance accordingly, but not wise to show it initially.

3) You may include a couple of random payslips, e.g. most recent one (if you just signed off) and one in between just to further prove your work experience. Most of the PR applicants adopt this practice, they don't usually add all the payslips, therefore you can make use of this practice. However it is a personal choice, if you deem to not include your payslips, it is still okay. It is just a positive addition, not a mandatory requirement.

4) Most importantly, get your experience letter state that you are/were a permanent full-time employee. Mentioning contractual employment will jeopardise your PR application. I can not stress this enough. Because when you are a contractual employee then definitely your experience is not continuous, and you know eligibility for FSW programme.

All the best.

Many Thanks for your reply DC, one more thing about personal history and work history of last 10 years. I have shown only one year of continous experience in my profile as it will be difficult for me to collect experience letter from all my previous employers. So, is it ok to mention only one year experience in work history and rest all experience and education in personal history?

Reactions: Aaron Izyan

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Many Thanks for your reply DC, one more thing about personal history and work history of last 10 years. I have shown only one year of continous experience in my profile as it will be difficult for me to collect experience letter from all my previous employers. So, is it ok to mention only one year experience in work history and rest all experience and education in personal history?
Hi gsohi2011,

After reading your query, the first question arises :

- Are you an applicant under FSW programme?

- If so, then do you have Canadian work experience?

- If not, then did you show only one year of experience (including continuous and non-continuous) in your EE profile?
-------- If yes, how could you reach the qualifying CRS score? as without a minimum 3 years experience, an applicant loses 25 points.
-------- If no, and you showed 3+ years of experience then you need to show it all in your work history with proof, as you claimed points for this. Any activity (work or education related) can be shifted to personal history only when you did not claim points for it, or when it does not affect your CRS score.

If your query was different to what I have answered, you can post it again (in other words), I will revert.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Hi gsohi2011,

After reading your query, the first question arises :

- Are you an applicant under FSW programme?
Yes
- If so, then do you have Canadian work experience?
No
- If not, then did you show only one year of experience (including continuous and non-continuous) in your EE profile?
Yes
-------- If yes, how could you reach the qualifying CRS score? as without a minimum 3 years experience, an applicant loses 25 points.
I have Canadian education, bachelor degree and max ielts score possible.
-------- If no, and you showed 3+ years of experience then you need to show it all in your work history with proof, as you claimed points for this. Any activity (work or education related) can be shifted to personal history only when you did not claim points for it, or when it does not affect your CRS score.
Many thanks for your answer.

If your query was different to what I have answered, you can post it again (in other words), I will revert.