+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some places like Winnipeg don't let you to take test and interview untill after the security and background check is complete other offices let you take the test and interview while they are doing security and background check. Therefore, some people might get the DM and oat very shortly after interview and for some it mi
this is lottery body..... Sorry too say that. but after decisions made each and every case should be in one waiting line. but its not like that some one get oath invite after interview right away. some one gate within 2 months and guy like us decision made on same day after interview and wait another 7 months after that and still waiting.....

i already gave my file number to kids so they can check encase i am not here......

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some places like Winnipeg don't let you to take test and interview untill after the security and background check is complete other offices let you take the test and interview while they are doing security and background check. Therefore, some people might get the DM and oat very shortly after interview and for some it mi
Ya...This seems the case..I passed test and interview on March 16 ...Still waiting for DM...I called CIC and found that they are waiting for my security clearance .....And the lady also told that e

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya...This seems the case..I passed test and interview on March 16 ...Still waiting for DM...I called CIC and found that they are waiting for my security clearance .....And the lady also told that e
I was in IP for 5 months till got the test invite. I called and CIC and they told me some places do background check before test some places do it afterward.

danny_princy

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
But i had decision made same day after interview that means everything is ok(without security clearance i don't think they change the status decision made) . and after decision made almost 7 months now and still waiting...

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
but why does it take this long to get security clearance. and why they need it to begin with, we do all kind of security clearances and searches and health screening like aliens before we land a foot here. we live and work hard only to get asked again for clearances. My wife did the fingerprints and result is ok, why do they need to search the entire universe and all security agencies now for a mother of 2 who has always been living here with all those proofs !! Only to make our life miserable !! This is wrong !!

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
but why does it take this long to get security clearance. and why they need it to begin with, we do all kind of security clearances and searches and health screening like aliens before we land a foot here. we live and work hard only to get asked again for clearances. My wife did the fingerprints and result is ok, why do they need to search the entire universe and all security agencies now for a mother of 2 who has always been living here with all those proofs !! Only to make our life miserable !! This is wrong !!
They need to make sure that you have not done anything in the last couple of years since becoming a permanent citizen, that wouldprohibit you from becoming a citizen. I can see their point.

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
They need to make sure that you have not done anything in the last couple of years since becoming a permanent citizen, that wouldprohibit you from becoming a citizen. I can see their point.
yea but thats funny because we live here ! It shouldnt take forever to do that .. I dont see any point.

Reactions: Katayoon

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
So True . It's probably something else causing the delay
yes but actually this is what they say when you call. its waiting for clearances ! I dont know, I am just expressing my frustration that the way they are treating the would be citizens after years of hard work and paying taxes is not right and un equal. Whatever !

cutechamp

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
yes but actually this is what they say when you call. its waiting for clearances ! I dont know, I am just expressing my frustration that the way they are treating the would be citizens after years of hard work and paying taxes is not right and un equal. Whatever !
I know how you feel . We're all going through the same . still waiting on oath. My vacation has been put on hold. I can't go on business travels because it's delaying. I don't think it's clearance. It's just a random lottery . one day will be our lucky day

Reactions: saedcanada

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
yea but thats funny because we live here ! It shouldnt take forever to do that .. I dont see any point.
Yes, you may live/work here - but that doesn't mean that they don't have to check that on your last visit back to your birth country to visit family or on your last vacation abroad... you didn't decide to rob a bank, became best friends with the Italian mafia or commit some type of crime. (All just random examples from the top of my head)

Remember, it also might not be the Canada side of things moving slowly. If they need to verify or check information with another country, perhaps that information is the slow part of the process, and the Canadian side of things is moving as quickly as they can.

It's frustrating for sure. And a long convoluted process that seemingly has no rhyme or reason to it (some have very fast timelines, some very slow).... But it is how it is. A total crapshoot ! Hang in there.

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
Yes, you may live/work here - but that doesn't mean that they don't have to check that on your last visit back to your birth country to visit family or on your last vacation abroad... you didn't decide to rob a bank, became best friends with the Italian mafia or commit some type of crime. (All just random examples from the top of my head)

Remember, it also might not be the Canada side of things moving slowly. If they need to verify or check information with another country, perhaps that information is the slow part of the process, and the Canadian side of things is moving as quickly as they can.

It's frustrating for sure. And a long convoluted process that seemingly has no rhyme or reason to it (some have very fast timelines, some very slow).... But it is how it is. A total crapshoot ! Hang in there.
I dont know. what I am saying is that something is wrong. this is random and not consistent, not everyone gets the security clearance and not fair and equal process. my wife is a mother of 2 and I dont see any reason why this is done. also, any citizen can do what you have said.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I dont know. what I am saying is that something is wrong. this is random and not consistent, not everyone gets the security clearance and not fair and equal process. my wife is a mother of 2 and I dont see any reason why this is done. also, any citizen can do what you have said.
I am sure it has something to do with the countries that they need to do security clearance with and how long it takes there. Anyhow, if we would not be on this forum we would probably all be relaxed and do nothing until the 12 months are over. I am surprised that some people do ATIP after a couple of weeks only because their application is not in process yet. We were told in Vancouver during our test that the oath invitation will take somewhere between 3 and 5 months. So why expect it earlier? Most of our applications are through in less than 12 months.

Reactions: layla_

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
.... also, any citizen can do what you have said.
Yes, any citizen can do that, but they are not going through a stringent screening process for a new grant of citizenship.

I agree that the process itself is not very consistent - I applied in early February, heard nothing until mid June and am currently sitting at DM, yet others at the same processing centre who applied in March and April after my application was In Process, have much faster timelines and have already received oath dates ... but the process itself IS actually fair and equal in that everyone has to jump through the same hoops and checks before citizenship is granted.

The official processing time is 12 months and the process itself is indeed frustrating due to the lack of communication, but whether your wife is a mother of 2 or a PR for over 20 years (which is my case), or someone who applied as soon as they accrued presence days, or a doctor, or a cashier ... is irrelevant to the fact that we all still need to pass through the same various security checks as part of the process.

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I am sure it has something to do with the countries that they need to do security clearance with and how long it takes there. Anyhow, if we would not be on this forum we would probably all be relaxed and do nothing until the 12 months are over. I am surprised that some people do ATIP after a couple of weeks only because their application is not in process yet. We were told in Vancouver during our test that the oath invitation will take somewhere between 3 and 5 months. So why expect it earlier? Most of our applications are through in less than 12 months.
Agreed ! I'm astounded that in some of the more recent application month threads that people are freaking out that they haven't heard anything or been updated to AOR or In Process within days of applications being sent/received.

Reactions: Stef.