+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credit collectors and hotel deposit not recieved questions ,plz answer

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hi all,

I rented a car back in 2015 using my scotia bank credit card, then I left back to UAE, I made sure I left no balance owed in my credit, even i left 200$ just in case anything returns from the car rental as they holded someone of my credit for 2 weeks after i returned the car, as they claim if any tickets or radar fines is recorded they can deduct from the money on hold.

long story short,i came back after one year and I found out there is 163$ balance over my credit, and my card was canceled, i got a call from an aggressive credit collector asking me to pay 250 $ for my overdue credit payment, i couldnt understand him, since this is first time in my life to be in this situation, i couldnt understand why i have to deal with him not the bank eventhough i only owe the bank 163 where i went immediately to a branch of scotia bank and paid the 163$, even the chashier told me this number exactly.

today i called the bank again and they said my file was transfered to a collection agency and i have to deal with them and pay them 50$..!!, i tried to call the agency but it was too late since its begining of weekend and probably no one wanted to pick up the phone.

so i need advise how to deal with those credit collectors...?!!....i paid the exact amount the bank aske me for?!...why do i have to pay those collectors again...!!....even if i do just to get rid of them, how i know they wont come after some time, and say u still owe us some balance which kept incrementing...!!

is there some government agency to compain to if this go south with those collectors becuz some of their agents are aggressive.

another issue.

i stayed in a hotel with my family when we landed i paid by uae credit card, i also paid the deposit by the same uae credit card, now it has been a month since i checked out of the hotel and still didnt got my deposit credited back to my uae credit card, i kept calling the toronto plaze management but rarely they respond and when they do, they ask me to just be patient ,it might take some time.

where can I make complain about them to get my money back?. thanks a lot