+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRA ERR041

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
f1ahmed said:
No, they start doing that automatically when you file your tax with the new SIN . Thanks. All you need is to re register with your new SIN number and enter the code sent by CRA. You are good to go.
Thank you :)

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
I am having same issue, both me and my wife.

Either one us have change the SIN so whats the deal here ?

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi,

Just a hopefully helpful FYI for people. After days of attempting to login to the CRA and getting nothing but a ERR041, and not being able to get through on the phone (continually engaged) I got a human being!
Apparently, once you get a new SIN number - you need to re-register with the CRA.

Not a very helpful error message, so thought I'd point it out for any other new immigrants who had an old SIN and now need to re-register.

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi,

Just a hopefully helpful FYI for people. After days of attempting to login to the CRA and getting nothing but a ERR041, and not being able to get through on the phone (continually engaged) I got a human being!
Apparently, once you get a new SIN number - you need to re-register with the CRA.

Not a very helpful error message, so thought I'd point it out for any other new immigrants who had an old SIN and now need to re-register.

Oh, thanks a lot! That happened to me too. And I had no idea what that error meant. No I see... Well, will start re-registration then. Thanks for that tip!

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Anyone facing difficulty to login into "service Canada" account?

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Anyone facing difficulty to login into "service Canada" account?
Recently updated my SIN number as a PR and today tried to log in to print out my NOA but I kept failing to log in with ERR.41 message.
Anyone has the same experience and how did you get it through?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Recently updated my SIN number as a PR and today tried to log in to print out my NOA but I kept failing to log in with ERR.41 message.
You have to call CRA and they will unlock it

Bilelmourreal

Mar 30, 2020
Hi,

Thank you, so is there another way for the re registration or i must call them ?

Dmountain

Jun 7, 2019
did you reregistered your CRA account?I had the same issue now.

akkun

Mar 27, 2020
I confirmed that sign-in partner log in using with the previous SIN can never be used. You'd need another log-in banking account or log in another way, according to two CRA operators.