Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
~ July 2013 (after receiving my Originals)
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014!!! (Soo relieved!! Alhamd!!)
LANDED..........
14-03-2014!! (Happiest day of my life!! :):)
hhassa said:
Some one told me on a diff post that regardless of where case is being processed visa will be issues from Islamabad. so will see
Your info is outdated.... they only held the applications in Ottawa until Islamabad was ready for it.... mine sat in Ottawa for one year n was transferred to Islamabad... this was back in 2012... now Ottawa should not have any applications for Pakistan.... they're sending all of them to London.... Plzz order notes for ur file n see wuts going on!.... Ur a 2011 applicant n most 2011 applicants have been recently receiving their passports back with visa.... I hope ur file doesn't get lost in the shuffle... plzz order ur notes soon!

N yes... u cannot send ur Pakistani passport from Canada....ur husband will have to be in pak cuz the PPR that London sends will instruct u to submit ur passport to Islamabad.... passports r still being stamped in Islamabad... there have been a number of ppl getting passports back with visas recently including 2011 cases... check out the Islamabad 2012-2013 thread.... there is also a thread for ppl who's applications were transferred to London from Islamabad

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mrashid123 said:
now Ottawa should not have any applications for Pakistan.... they're sending all of them to London.... Plzz order notes for ur file n see wuts going on!.... Ur a 2011 applicant n most 2011 applicants have been recently receiving their passports back with visa.... I hope ur file doesn't get lost in the shuffle... plzz order ur notes soon!
Currently Ottawa is processing files from the London VO. This is a relatively new thing for "non complicated" files. this is also true for recent applicants from australia and parts of asia. this doesn't mean something is "wrong" and his file will get lost in the shuffle. it simply means CIC is changing where applications are being processed from certain countries.

mrashid123

Nov 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rhcohen2014 said:
Currently Ottawa is processing files from the London VO. This is a relatively new thing for "non complicated" files. this is also true for recent applicants from australia and parts of asia. this doesn't mean something is "wrong" and his file will get lost in the shuffle. it simply means CIC is changing where applications are being processed from certain countries.
OMG.... r u serious?.... this is crazy!... wut is the CIC up to???... I dunno wuts wrong with Pakistani applications that they're being bounced around like this?.... n if this is happening for other countries how r they possibly gonna process all these applications from all around the world at CPP-O!.... If this is how they plan on lowering processing times it definitely isn't gonna work!... unless they have hired a significantly large number of visa officers to process this backlog which I highly doubt.... processing times will continue to grow longer n longer... There is no benefit to having files sent to CPP-O,... they will only catch dust... like mine did for over a year!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mrashid123 said:
OMG.... r u serious?.... this is crazy!... wut is the CIC up to???... I dunno wuts wrong with Pakistani applications that they're being bounced around like this?.... n if this is happening for other countries how r they possibly gonna process all these applications from all around the world at CPP-O!.... If this is how they plan on lowering processing times it definitely isn't gonna work!... unless they have hired a significantly large number of visa officers to process this backlog which I highly doubt.... processing times will continue to grow longer n longer... There is no benefit to having files sent to CPP-O,... they will only catch dust... like mine did for over a year!
um, actually the "trend" suggests otherwise. we are just starting to see approvals from some files recently kept in mississauga and ottawa. so nothing can be assumed about anything.

mrashid123

Nov 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rhcohen2014 said:
um, actually the "trend" suggests otherwise. we are just starting to see approvals from some files recently kept in mississauga and ottawa. so nothing can be assumed about anything.
That's completely not fair to those of us that had to endure 22-33 months for our files to get processed.... many didn't even make it through the process.... I know of a handful of genuine relationships that were ruined due to long processing times.... n now that files r being processed quicker.... no one is gonna remember the suffering of those of us that had it toughest!... I guess it was just my bad luck that I decided to marry in 2012 :( :(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mrashid123 said:
That's completely not fair to those of us that had to endure 22-33 months for our files to get processed.... many didn't even make it through the process.... I know of a handful of genuine relationships that were ruined due to long processing times.... n now that files r being processed quicker.... no one is gonna remember the suffering of those of us that had it toughest!... I guess it was just my bad luck that I decided to marry in 2012 :( :(
like i said, you can't assume anything about anything. perhaps this will help with the processing of applications such as yours. perhaps there will still be longer wait times for some applicaitons in ottawa. no one here can predict anything about anything.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey all,we just sent some requested documents to ottawa and we're just wondering,

If you are requested documents from Ottawa and you send them on,do applications tend to be approved shortly after the documents are received?
After looking at the spreadsheet that seems to be the common trend...just wondering if anyone has any experience with this....or am I just seeing what I want to see :D

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
KarlR said:
Hey all,we just sent some requested documents to ottawa and we're just wondering,

If you are requested documents from Ottawa and you send them on,do applications tend to be approved shortly after the documents are received?
After looking at the spreadsheet that seems to be the common trend...just wondering if anyone has any experience with this....or am I just seeing what I want to see :D
it depends on what the requested documents were.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
it depends on what the requested documents were.

Oh?i was requested police backround check for the current country I live in (as I've now been here over six months) and my sponser was requested proof of intent to return to Canada.

I imagine its only requests for passports etc that mean the application is about to be approved? :(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
KarlR said:
Oh?i was requested police backround check for the current country I live in (as I've now been here over six months) and my sponser was requested proof of intent to return to Canada.

I imagine its only requests for passports etc that mean the application is about to be approved? :(
exactly. the documents you requested will help the officer make a decision, so no one can tell you how long that can take. it could be once the officer gets the information, they are convinced the application needs to be approved, or it could prompt more questioning. if the request was for PPR or RPRF, then generally for Ottawa that means the decision has already been made, and those items are needed to finalize the approval.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
exactly. the documents you requested will help the officer make a decision, so no one can tell you how long that can take. it could be once the officer gets the information, they are convinced the application needs to be approved, or it could prompt more questioning. if the request was for PPR or RPRF, then generally for Ottawa that means the decision has already been made, and those items are needed to finalize the approval.

Cool,thanks rhcohen!
With all this waiting,I tend to take the smallest thing and scan it for any possible info!

Thanks again!

hhassa

Mar 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2011
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
2-12-2013-recieved rejection letter after 1 week. Won ADR on 24 July 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 18 2014
mrashid123 said:
Your info is outdated.... they only held the applications in Ottawa until Islamabad was ready for it.... mine sat in Ottawa for one year n was transferred to Islamabad... this was back in 2012... now Ottawa should not have any applications for Pakistan.... they're sending all of them to London.... Plzz order notes for ur file n see wuts going on!.... Ur a 2011 applicant n most 2011 applicants have been recently receiving their passports back with visa.... I hope ur file doesn't get lost in the shuffle... plzz order ur notes soon!

N yes... u cannot send ur Pakistani passport from Canada....ur husband will have to be in pak cuz the PPR that London sends will instruct u to submit ur passport to Islamabad.... passports r still being stamped in Islamabad... there have been a number of ppl getting passports back with visas recently including 2011 cases... check out the Islamabad 2012-2013 thread.... there is also a thread for ppl who's applications were transferred to London from Islamabad
May be you are talking about regular cases and I know what's going on with those cases(that some of them are being processed in London) however , mine is appeal won case. I received email from Ottawa that says:
"Your application has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre-Ottawa (“CPC-O”) office. CPC-O will be responsible for re-opening your case and continuing the processing of your application." so your information is incorrect. I have also received email for updated forms and PPC from Ottawa and medical from Delhi. I don't see any reason why I should order GCMS at this point. They will process the file in Ottawa and visa will be issues from ISL. Just so you know I have also confirmed with CBSA that my file will be processed in Ottawa.

blueangel371115

May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
rhcohen2014 said:
On that note, I received an email from Ottawa signed by an officer stating that once they received ( or didn't receive) for the 9th of November. they'd make a decision on my file either way. I hope it literally means what it says. I'd really like to be done soon. Has anyone received a similar email? If so, what happened after? How long was it until you received COPR?

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hello,

I've been waiting for more than 14 months. Is there anything I can do except waiting? I received my GCMS, and it seems like CIC is suspecting that my sponsor doesn't live in Canada, which is not true. Should I hire a lawyer?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitty410 said:
I've been waiting for more than 14 months. Is there anything I can do except waiting? I received my GCMS, and it seems like CIC is suspecting that my sponsor doesn't live in Canada, which is not true. Should I hire a lawyer?
An attorney can assist you in preparing a response to CIC, but you can also do that yourself. Bottom line, if the officer has doubts you need to assuage those doubts - provide evidence that the sponsor is living in Canada. A lease or mortgage, evidence of daily living activities, such as bank statements showing debit charges for coffee at Tim Horton's (for example), evidence that the sponsor has used heath care services, etc. If the sponsor belongs to a gym, a log of gym attendance If the sponsor checks out library books, a printout showing recent checkouts. If the sponsor is working, paystubs along with a letter from the employer stating that the sponsor is employed at a specific location inside Canada would be good as well. And so forth - anything that demonstrates the sponsor is in the country.

When CIC has doubts, the best strategy is to provide them with evidence to assuage those doubts. Remember, an officer's decision can be overturned if it isn't a reasonable outcome based upon the evidence - so give them so much evidence that they'd look like asses to refuse on those grounds.