22-5-2012
Interview........
Waived (for now according to PPR)
Passport Req..
8-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
keesio said:
My wife landed in YYZ yesterday Thanksgiving night! Much to be thankful for. We were arriving from vacation in Europe. The landing was relatively smooth. It was the long lines that was the only pain (some big international fights arrived just before us). The landing itself only took about 5 minutes. The officer asked my wife a few questions, looked over her COPR, wrote down our address on the COPR and had her sign in a few places. However, I was glad i was watching because the officer forgot to write down the postal code for the address so I pointed that out and he then added it in. Important to pay attention during landing! Anyway otherwise it was fine and the officer was polite and professional. Then he pointed us to the next kiosk where my wife got her SIN number (another 5 minutes). Then they pointed us to a booth to get a bunch of pamphlets and books on settling in Canada. Though she doesn't need it since she has me, it was nice have them welcome her and get the materials. Then it was off to baggage claim where we had to go to the second room there so they can inspect her bags. Again the wait took forever, but once we actually were able see an official, it took just 2 minutes for him to ask a few questions, quickly glance at the B4 form, and we were on our way.

So the landing took about 90 minutes, of which 12 minutes was the actual landing and the other 78 minutes of waiting in line!

What a relief this is over!
Congratulations!! You are so lucky. We are still waiting. MP said immigration is giving up no information, because they are technically still in their 14 month timeline listed on their website. If we don't receive COPR by December our MP will put a rush on it. I haven't been on here at all since I moved back to the States in August, because it's just doing more harm to our morale than good lately. At least I'm making money now, but I still pray everyday we will be together for good soon.

Now you can take a deep breath and put all of this behind you! Best of luck in your life together! :)

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
rsjkd427 said:
Congratulations!! You are so lucky. We are still waiting. MP said immigration is giving up no information, because they are technically still in their 14 month timeline listed on their website. If we don't receive COPR by December our MP will put a rush on it. I haven't been on here at all since I moved back to the States in August, because it's just doing more harm to our morale than good lately. At least I'm making money now, but I still pray everyday we will be together for good soon.

Now you can take a deep breath and put all of this behind you! Best of luck in your life together! :)
:eek: What happened rsjkd427? Did you send for the notes? That's quite a long time since PPR :(

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
rsjkd427 said:

Still? Wow, that really sucks. I haven't been checking in here lately because I've been taking courses and looking for work since we arrived, but was wondering whether you'd finally gotten your COPR.

My family's PR cards arrived today (landed August 28, cards received October 25), which is what prompted me to check in. Still waiting for AOR for my kids' citizenship applications (because I'm in that weird category of 1st-generation-born-abroad Canadians, I had to sponsor my kids for PR first, and then as soon as they got their PR, they were immediately eligible to apply for citizenship - sort of dumb that it's a two-step process, but whatever). There's some weird time-traveling stuff in that 2009 citizenship law...

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1: 17-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
Hi all! I tried to send a PM to amikety to update my line on the CPP-Ottawa spreadsheet (as it instructs), but I'm getting a "user not found" error. Is someone else handling the spreadsheet now?

Here are my updates, in case someone else is doing it:

Username: timelady
Sponsorship Approval: 05/24/2013
Passport Requested: 10/17/2013

That’s where I am now. ECAS still says Application Received.

Thanks and best of luck, all!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
rsjkd427 said:

Thanks and sorry to hear you are still waiting! You have been waiting so long, I hope you get some good news soon! I had thought you might have already landed and was looking forward to getting that drink together to celebrate successful landings. Hope it happens soon!

rsjkd427

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-7-2012
AOR Received.
1-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-5-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
8-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
NicAnn said:
:eek: What happened rsjkd427? Did you send for the notes? That's quite a long time since PPR :(
Not sure what happened. They're not giving up any info. I actually forgot all about GCMS notes...I think it's a good time to order those now. ;) We had just been going back and forth a bit with our MP, but GCMS might be more effective. Thanks for the reminder.

rsjkd427

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-7-2012
AOR Received.
1-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-5-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
8-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
IvanP said:
Still? Wow, that really sucks. I haven't been checking in here lately because I've been taking courses and looking for work since we arrived, but was wondering whether you'd finally gotten your COPR.

My family's PR cards arrived today (landed August 28, cards received October 25), which is what prompted me to check in. Still waiting for AOR for my kids' citizenship applications (because I'm in that weird category of 1st-generation-born-abroad Canadians, I had to sponsor my kids for PR first, and then as soon as they got their PR, they were immediately eligible to apply for citizenship - sort of dumb that it's a two-step process, but whatever). There's some weird time-traveling stuff in that 2009 citizenship law...
Wow, hope they gain citizenship soon. :) Good luck and hope it's a smoother process than PR was.

rsjkd427

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-7-2012
AOR Received.
1-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-5-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
8-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
keesio said:
Thanks and sorry to hear you are still waiting! You have been waiting so long, I hope you get some good news soon! I had thought you might have already landed and was looking forward to getting that drink together to celebrate successful landings. Hope it happens soon!
Soon I hope! Praying that we get it by Christmas (which is the same thing we were praying for last year lol), so then we can get that drink finally. ;)

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
LANDED yesterday. Went to the Peace bridge in Buffalo. We drove out of Canada and did a big U-turn and went right back across the bridge. There was no wait when we got to the Canadian side and the officer at the kiosk gave us our yellow slip and into the Customs/Immigration Office we went. The woman at the Immigration desk there seemed unhappy to be working but she was cordial enough and processed the paperwork with lightning speed. I got a "Welcome to Canada" from her and off to the Customs side we went. The woman there was really nice and so was the other officer sititing there with her. They were joking around because he didn't know what the date was and then some jovial banter with my wife, my son and I. The woman was very impressed with my B4/B4A. She said no one ever provides serial numbers for electronics even though it says that you need them listed. She said I was very organized and it made her job extremely easy. They added up my total on the cost of all my items then stamped the papers and sent me to the cashier for a receipt. It was very easy. The whole process took about 20 minutes, no waiting at all. I asked the man at Customs about importing my car and he said to just contact RIV first and follow all the steps from there. There is no time limit for me to bring the rest of my goods into the country, I just have to have my receipt so they can cross the items off as we bring them into the country. It was extremely painless. The painful part will now be getting my driver's license/SIN card, and health card. I will start the SIN/health cards on Monday.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions about the process of landing drop me an IM and I will help. It is always hard to find people to stick around on the boards to answer questions after they land. I plan to stick around for awhile, until I can get a job anyway, then it will be less frequent.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
timelady said:
Hi all! I tried to send a PM to amikety to update my line on the CPP-Ottawa spreadsheet (as it instructs), but I'm getting a "user not found" error. Is someone else handling the spreadsheet now?

Here are my updates, in case someone else is doing it:

Username: timelady
Sponsorship Approval: 05/24/2013
Passport Requested: 10/17/2013

That's where I am now. ECAS still says Application Received.

Thanks and best of luck, all!
I update the spreadsheets but I have a hard time from my laptop, I will get you updated tomorrow. :)

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Congrats Buffy! My wife landed yesterday too :) We weren't too far from you as we went to the Rainbow Bridge to take care of it. Amusingly enough, the hardest part for us was getting out of the country -- there was construction in Niagara Falls and about a half-hour wait to get to the border. We got onto the USA, did a U-turn, came back and were back inside Canada within 5 minutes. We had a pleasant enough (if not particularly animated) lady helping us out. The extent of the "interview" was "do you have a criminal record?" "no" "do you have any dependents?" "no". "Welcome to Canada!".

We actually didn't fill out a B4 form at all...I guess the reason for this is because we didn't bring anything in at the time (most of her stuff is already here), and the only things left to bring over are some second-hand furniture which the customs cashier told us he wasn't concerned about as they had little commercial value.

Like you, it's off to SIN/OHIP/Driver's License fun next! (If you're settled in Ontario you can't apply for OHIP until 90 days after landing, just FYI).

I do have a question about the SIN...the official fed site says that the PR Card is the ONLY acceptable ID if your PR app was processed in Canada. Now, in this forum that has been interpreted to mean that inland apps MUST have the PR card, but that outland apps can still bring their Passport + COPR. Given that the CPOR says CPP-Ottawa on it do you think the folks at Service Canada are smart enough to recognize that this is still an "outland" app? I'd just rather make sure my wife can actually get her SIN this week and not wait two months.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
DuberBlue said:
Congrats Buffy! My wife landed yesterday too :) We weren't too far from you as we went to the Rainbow Bridge to take care of it. Amusingly enough, the hardest part for us was getting out of the country -- there was construction in Niagara Falls and about a half-hour wait to get to the border. We got onto the USA, did a U-turn, came back and were back inside Canada within 5 minutes. We had a pleasant enough (if not particularly animated) lady helping us out. The extent of the "interview" was "do you have a criminal record?" "no" "do you have any dependents?" "no". "Welcome to Canada!".

We actually didn't fill out a B4 form at all...I guess the reason for this is because we didn't bring anything in at the time (most of her stuff is already here), and the only things left to bring over are some second-hand furniture which the customs cashier told us he wasn't concerned about as they had little commercial value.

Like you, it's off to SIN/OHIP/Driver's License fun next! (If you're settled in Ontario you can't apply for OHIP until 90 days after landing, just FYI).

I do have a question about the SIN...the official fed site says that the PR Card is the ONLY acceptable ID if your PR app was processed in Canada. Now, in this forum that has been interpreted to mean that inland apps MUST have the PR card, but that outland apps can still bring their Passport + COPR. Given that the CPOR says CPP-Ottawa on it do you think the folks at Service Canada are smart enough to recognize that this is still an "outland" app? I'd just rather make sure my wife can actually get her SIN this week and not wait two months.
CONGRATS!!!!

Glad you got through safely....and glad we didn't land at the Rainbow Bridge! The reason we went to the Peace Bridge was because we have Nexus cards and they have the Nexus lanes at Peace and not Rainbow. There was a long line to get out of Canada in the regluar lanes but we only had one car in front of us so we got through immediately.

As for health card, thanks for the info. I was going to check into that. I knew it was 90 days until we started to receive the helathcare but I wasn't sure when we could apply for it. I am only doing SIN tomorrow because the office I have to go to is in a different location than the one for the driver's license and OHIP cards. I will do those on another day. I don't feel like dealing with those lines twice in one week.

As for SIN and PR card. THe customs official told me that all we have to do is take the passport and the COPR, which should be stapled into your passport, to the Service Canada office and they will give me the SIN number. We do NOT have to wait for the PR card to arrive. FYI, I was told PR card will arrive in 6-8 weeks.

I'm so ready to start looking for a job!!!! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
DuberBlue said:
Note that CPP-O is considered to be a "visa office outside Canada". I'm sure the lawyer that wrote THAT opinion letter permitting them to have an outland visa office in Ottawa used some very creative thinking. I do know that CIC treats it as an outland office, so you can't call the Call Centre and ask them how things are going on your file there.

The folks at Service Canada will be fine with it. She has a border stamp, she has a passport, she has an executed COPR and she will show up in their computer system. They will give her a SIN. And enjoy that plastic card they send - they're phased out next year.

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Buffy2323 said:
CONGRATS!!!!

Glad you got through safely....and glad we didn't land at the Rainbow Bridge! The reason we went to the Peace Bridge was because we have Nexus cards and they have the Nexus lanes at Peace and not Rainbow. There was a long line to get out of Canada in the regluar lanes but we only had one car in front of us so we got through immediately.
Actually, Rainbow Bridge does have a Nexus lane :) But it doesn't do much good if you're still sitting in traffic just to GET to it :p

As for health card, thanks for the info. I was going to check into that. I knew it was 90 days until we started to receive the helathcare but I wasn't sure when we could apply for it. I am only doing SIN tomorrow because the office I have to go to is in a different location than the one for the driver's license and OHIP cards. I will do those on another day. I don't feel like dealing with those lines twice in one week.

As for SIN and PR card. THe customs official told me that all we have to do is take the passport and the COPR, which should be stapled into your passport, to the Service Canada office and they will give me the SIN number. We do NOT have to wait for the PR card to arrive. FYI, I was told PR card will arrive in 6-8 weeks.

I'm so ready to start looking for a job!!!! :)
Indeed :) Yeah, the immigration person told my wife that exact same thing...that she has everything she needs now to apply for the SIN, so hopefully I won't get some wet-behind-the-ears rookie at the SC office.

miyyal

Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 2012
AOR Received.
FEB 2012
File Transfer...
FEB 2012
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
03-04-2014
Interview........
18-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014 (SHUKAR HAI KHUDA KA)
My husband sponsored me and the status is

Decision made on Sponsorship Application Status. The details are:

1)We received your application to sponsor (Applicant Name) on January 10, 2012.
2) We sent you a letter on February 28, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

And under Permanent Application Status is:
1) We received (Applicant name) application for permanent residence on January 10, 2012.

And my Husband received original educational documents from case processing pilot Ottawa on August 13, 2013

can anybody please tell me what is the next step after this. Thank you