+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Courses for Accountant Before Coming to Canada

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,

For residents who have been in Canada for a long time (and also who might be working in the Accounts/Finance background).

i presently work as an accountant in UAE for the past 7 years.

what can you suggest for me to do before coming to Canada, with respect to finding jobs / getting more interview calls?

CPA is quite tough for me. Other than CPA is there any local designation i can work on ??

thank you for your time, it would be much appreciated.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi,

For residents who have been in Canada for a long time (and also who might be working in the Accounts/Finance background).

i presently work as an accountant in UAE for the past 7 years.

what can you suggest for me to do before coming to Canada, with respect to finding jobs / getting more interview calls?

CPA is quite tough for me. Other than CPA is there any local designation i can work on ??

thank you for your time, it would be much appreciated.

Without any Canadian work experience, it will be difficult to find a job in your field. You can try but most employers are picky when it comes to someone who has no work experience within Canada especially for those who want to work in Accounting as you must know all the tax regulations and such. Other than CPA, there are jobs which don't need any designation like bookkeeper, accounting assistant and etc. But I think its better for you maybe try and get a study permit first and see.

Reactions: whimsical

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Without any Canadian work experience, it will be difficult to find a job in your field. You can try but most employers are picky when it comes to someone who has no work experience within Canada especially for those who want to work in Accounting as you must know all the tax regulations and such. Other than CPA, there are jobs which don't need any designation like bookkeeper, accounting assistant and etc. But I think its better for you maybe try and get a study permit first and see.
Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

"Other than CPA is there any local designation i can work on ??"

Will you be able to answer to the above query as well? Thanks.

Its just that i would like to be better equipped to land myself an accounting job. Yes, i do understand the Canadian work experience is of paramount importance. But since i can't create which i don't have, might as well equip myself with some accounting certifications.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

"Other than CPA is there any local designation i can work on ??"

Will you be able to answer to the above query as well? Thanks.

Its just that i would like to be better equipped to land myself an accounting job. Yes, i do understand the Canadian work experience is of paramount importance. But since i can't create which i don't have, might as well equip myself with some accounting certifications.

I did answer the question. See above. Other than CPA, there are jobs which don't need any designation like bookkeeper, accounting assistant and etc

Reactions: whimsical

Andy333

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can go for certification courses which are offered parttime , online as well as 1 year like Financial Planning, Financial Compliance , Forensic Accounting , Professional Accounting offered from colleges . it will indeed help you to secure jobs easily .

Ganesn86

Aug 24, 2017
You can go for certification courses which are offered parttime , online as well as 1 year like Financial Planning, Financial Compliance , Forensic Accounting , Professional Accounting offered from colleges . it will indeed help you to secure jobs easily .
Am currently in India. I want to do an online course which Canadian employer accept. I am part qualified CIMA and hold indian cwa qualification