+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR received but marital status wrong

nialljc11

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

I have received my COPR but it wrongly states my marital status as single, as I am now married.

My wife is a Canadian citizen and she already lives in Canada.

I had told CIC of my marriage as part of my final letter of explanation but they seem not to have updated my personal information.

I have contacted the London High Commission who responded saying I would have to direct my enquiry to CPC-Ottawa. I have sent the query to the IRCC web form and am awaiting their response.

What should I expect in terms of waiting times for them to change my status to married and re-issue my COPR?

Many thanks,

Niall

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi,

I have received my COPR but it wrongly states my marital status as single, as I am now married.

I had told CIC of my marriage as part of my final letter of explanation but they seem not to have updated my personal information.

I have contacted the London High Commission who responded saying I would have to direct my enquiry to CPC-Ottawa. I have sent the query to the IRCC web form and am awaiting their response.

What should I expect in terms of waiting times for them to change my status to married and re-issue my COPR?

Many thanks,

Niall
Between 1 and 3 weeks depending on the case load of the review officer. You can also email them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

PHL

Apr 5, 2017
Hi,

Many thanks,

Niall
Hi, Can I plsase ask an update if everything went smoothly upon emailing CPC? Thank you so much.