01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hi All,

Scenario: I will be doing a soft landing on 15th September 2017 (Toronto) for only two weeks. I am confused about the goods declaration forms and need a clear guidance because initially I will be carrying 1 suit case just to cover my stay for 2 weeks.

Queries:-

1)
I will be landing for 2 weeks and will only have 1 suit case + CAD 12,000 cash that I will declare. Do I need to fill form for my suitcase contents? If yes, then which form?

2)
I will permanently be settling in Canada by June 2018. Do I need to fill any form for 'expected items' or cash that I will bring at that time? If yes, which form to fill? Also, lets suppose if I delay my plan to settle to 2019, this also required a form to be filled? Or we can only fill form till next-1 year time period?

3)
I may sell some property in my home country to bring some cash to Canada. I may sell it after few years (not now, for sure). Do I need to declare this somehow? Can I declare expected Cash amount that I will bring, lets say in year 2020? If yes, which form to fill?

Please do let me know.

Regards,
Sameer.

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Anyone?? Please reply

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Hi All,

Scenario: I will be doing a soft landing on 15th September 2017 (Toronto) for only two weeks. I am confused about the goods declaration forms and need a clear guidance because initially I will be carrying 1 suit case just to cover my stay for 2 weeks.

Queries:-

1)
I will be landing for 2 weeks and will only have 1 suit case + CAD 12,000 cash that I will declare. Do I need to fill form for my suitcase contents? If yes, then which form?

2)
I will permanently be settling in Canada by June 2018. Do I need to fill any form for 'expected items' or cash that I will bring at that time? If yes, which form to fill? Also, lets suppose if I delay my plan to settle to 2019, this also required a form to be filled? Or we can only fill form till next-1 year time period?

3)
I may sell some property in my home country to bring some cash to Canada. I may sell it after few years (not now, for sure). Do I need to declare this somehow? Can I declare expected Cash amount that I will bring, lets say in year 2020? If yes, which form to fill?

Please do let me know.

Regards,
Sameer.
Dear Sameer,
If you have valuable item/good in your suitcase like jewellery, laptop etc; I suggest you to mention it. If you have just a survival cloths or item for two weeks and of very low worth, you can ignore them; if you don't declare them there is no issue in it. This is what i learnt from this forum.

If you are single and Funds Required (in Canadian dollars) is 12k approx. you may ask to show the proof of funds (example in cash or bank statement latest , travelling cheque etc) at the time of soft landing only. Next time if you want to enter into the Canada, you are supposed to have PR Card, nothing else. If you want to carry cash more than 10k dollars, you need to declare it (standard rule).

In short, you need to satisfy the PR fund requirement condition at the time of first landing. After that you are not expected to bring any cash or asset into Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next time if you want to enter into the Canada, you are supposed to have PR Card, nothing else. If you want to carry cash more than 10k dollars, you need to declare it (standard rule).

In short, you need to satisfy the PR fund requirement condition at the time of first landing. After that you are not expected to bring any cash or asset into Canada.
Incorrect.

When returning to Canada, OP can show either PR card or PR travel document. He can bring or wire any cash or asset into Canada anytime he wants. However, he would need report any assets worth $100,000 or more in his tax return. Read the CRA.gc.ca website for details.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Incorrect.

When returning to Canada, OP can show either PR card or PR travel document. He can bring or wire any cash or asset into Canada anytime he wants. However, he would need report any assets worth $100,000 or more in his tax return. Read the CRA.gc.ca website for details.
I appreciate your comments. Thanks for correcting me. Yes, Permanent resident travel document is also a option to enter to entry into Canada; normally only valid for one single entry.
Sameer, you may check the detail about travel document in following link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

I don't know what does OP means? ;)
Yes , agreed he can wired any cash or asset into Canada anytime, if he wants. You gave him good option, which he did not asked. BUT my point was he is NOT expected to bring cash or asset 2nd time when he wants to enter into Canada; it is upto him, there is NO official requirement to show POF immigration agent on 2nd entry etc.

"3) I may sell some property in my home country to bring some cash to Canada. I may sell it after few years (not now, for sure). Do I need to declare this somehow? Can I declare expected Cash amount that I will bring, lets say in year 2020? If yes, which form to fill?"
If you read his question again, you will found him confused in declaration of expected cash which he will have in 2020 at the time of landing. In that context, I replied him that "you need to satisfy the PR fund requirement condition at the time of first landing. After that you are not expected to bring any cash or asset into Canada." Declare the item which you have physically at the time of landing , No need to delcare the expected cash of future.