06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
project_canada said:
My husband and I accidentally signed our COPR before we read the letter instructing us not to sign the COPR until we are told to do so by the Immigration Officer. We got too excited.

Will this be a problem when we land?
Call their Helpline and ask what needs to be done

sona33

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
it's a long piece of paper, with information about the applicant, and stating "Confirmation of PR" on top - and it also says "not valid for travel" on it, which means that you need your passport to travel, not only the COPR. You will get 2 copies, one with a picture, one without.

What about pr card?i received visa and copr.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
sulli26 said:
I rip about 2 inch of the right lower end of the letter although not completely.. will this cause me problems in the immigration. I accidentally out did while opening my envelop since I didn't expect there would be a letter inside.
To be honest, I wouldn't try to get the COPR replaced if it is torn. It will likely delay the process even further. Simply tape it together with some cellophane. When you land, ask them about it then. They will likely say it's no problem or maybe they can print a new one from their system. Just get to Canada!!

Bank notes are still good when torn :)

C.

Reactions: mgcedeno

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sona33 said:
it's a long piece of paper, with information about the applicant, and stating "Confirmation of PR" on top - and it also says "not valid for travel" on it, which means that you need your passport to travel, not only the COPR. You will get 2 copies, one with a picture, one without.

It takes a few months after landing to get the PR card.

smimran

May 12, 2014
sona33 said:

COPR with no visa stamp of Visa Office, is this ok?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
smimran said:
COPR with no visa stamp of Visa Office, is this ok?
COPRs don't have visa stamps on them. if you require a visa to travel to canada, that would be in your passport. the copr is the landing document CBSA will use to land you.

pinedagus

Oct 8, 2016
I have this same situation.

However my question is, I am living in Canada right now and there is a flight number section, do I need to fill that out? I do not have a flight number yet.

Ayoubino

Aug 28, 2016
Hi everybody.

My wife and I have just received our visa confirmation for PR (Federal). But I found very unusual from them to ask for a confirmed ticket/itinerary .. at the time of submitting the passports. Does it mean that I do have to purchase tickets without even knowing to visa expiry ??
Does anybody go through a similar situation, plz share with us you experience.
Thanks,

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has the same problem as me.

I've lived in Canada for 8 years and I'm finally eligible for citizenship.

The problem is they ask to submit a confirmation of permanent residence (imm 5292 or imm 5688) along with my PR card. I have the PR card, and every other document I've ever got from CIC, including several student and work visas, but I'm 100% sure they never gave me an IMM 5292 or IMM 5688 (and definitely not the obsolete IMM 1000).

I sense the difference is that most people in all the forums I just researched, seem to travel to Canada for their first time with COPR in hand, but I've lived here for years as a student and then as a work permit holder and only then i applied for PR from within Canada. I got my Permanent Residence issued in a CIC office in Etobicoke, Ontario. The paper they gave me is called "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" with a "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" label diagonally over it. This isn't at all similar to any IMM form, but that's all we got. It doesn't even have a stamp or a signature of CIC, looks exactly like this: http://i62.tinypic.com/24uxqgm.jpg

So what should I do? I'm sure i never lost any document as I'm a very organized individual. I have scans of every immigration document I've ever had.

Will my application for citizenship be rejected? I certainly don't want to apply for a replacement of a document that i never had in the first place, and wait another 6 months for their own mistake to be corrected.

Please let me know.

thank you

Ben Erskine

Jun 23, 2018
My 2 childrens in Fiji are now granted with CoRP and travel visa from Sydney Australia to come to Canada and get their PR Card.
Both CoRP and travel visa will expires in July 19, 2018.
We need time to prepare for their air fare since the time given is too short. What can we do ? Can we apply for an extension to both CoRP and travel visa?
Please we need your help.

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
My 2 childrens in Fiji are now granted with CoRP and travel visa from Sydney Australia to come to Canada and get their PR Card.
Both CoRP and travel visa will expires in July 19, 2018.
We need time to prepare for their air fare since the time given is too short. What can we do ? Can we apply for an extension to both CoRP and travel visa?
Please we need your help.
No, if they do not land before the COPR expires then you will have to start your sponsorship process all over again.