+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COMPLICATED SITUATION

felik

Jun 7, 2017
I'm from an African country and I was a victim of political violence. After being violated in my country, a leader of the opposition organized that I flee to another country in Africa too and gave me a new identity for fear my attackers would find me. I was 19 then, Now almost 11 years latter, my attackers have found me and tried to attack me again (they fear I might expose the gruesome truth). I managed to get a US visa(been denied a Canadian visa a while ago)The situation back home hasn't changed so I'm in the states but want to seek asylum in Canada as my blood sister is there. I'm here using an identity that does not link me to my sister,(I do have my ID and birth certificate, our late parents death certificates to prove relations to my sister. Im in Seattle now and I want to seek at a POE. I have all the evidence with me.Question is
1. Will my new identity get me in trouble with Canadian border officials?
2. Which border in Washington States can I go to?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Using your false identity to enter Canada is a crime, although you have already committed immigration fraud in the US. They will confirm your details with CBP in the US. You can expect to be detained until they can determine your actual identity and confirm it. Having you BC and other documents may not help until they can actually determine they are real and have your actual identity and security checks. If you have been legitimately charged with crimes in your home country, you will be deported. Make sure your grounds for asylum are solid.