+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coleen needs your help and answers! Please..

Lab

Sep 20, 2017
Hi I'm Coleen, I am applying for tourist visa and now submitting requirements but I am confused WHO or WHAT is Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter and Proof of Means of Financial Support?

I have a work, but my parents will pay for my trip and everything, where should I put them?

Hope you can help me
Thankyou!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Proof of Means of Financial Support:
You (as the applicant) must prove you have the financial resources to afford the cost of the visit.

As you are employed, it is generally expected that you have the financial resources to pay for your visit. If you depend on your parents to pay then this indicates weak employment ties to your home country.

Proof of Means of Financial Support of the Supporter:
These documents must be provided by your host i.e. their bank statement (most recent, one month, this is not mandatory) + invitation letter stating s/he will provide accommodation and/or your host will pay for your local travel and living expenses

Cheers

Lab

Sep 20, 2017
Oh okay i understand i'll put my 3-4months bank statement is that okay?

And about the Financial support of the Supporter can I leave it blank? Because I don't have any host from Canada I'm traveling on my own for holiday trip.

Thankyou sooo much

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh okay i understand i'll put my 3-4months bank statement is that okay?
Do check the Visa Office instructions for your passport here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Also, your bank transactions/bank balance must match your income. The source of any large deposits must be explained. Ideally, no money should be borrowed before the visa application.

Your liquid finances must be able to pay for your hotel + local expenses + airfare. Hope you have prepared a detailed day-by-day itinerary of your intended sightseeing/holiday with expense estimates.

As you don't have a Canadian host, you must work hard to prove that you have the finances for your visit + you will leave after a short visit. This means:
1. Do include provisional hotel bookings (don't pay for confirmed flights or hotels).

2. Hope you have been on similar short holidays abroad, particularly to countries like the US/UK/Schengen/Australia, etc

3. Do provide evidence of your strong ties/reasons to return to your home country

Cheers

Lab

Sep 20, 2017
Thankyou so much for your help!
One last question please...

My target date of travel would be Last week of November 2017, Can I apply now for visitor visa?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can apply now. Do check the estimated processing time for your country of residence (and factor in extra time for any background checks/delays) and apply accordingly

Lab

Sep 20, 2017
Yay thankyou soo much!

By the way I went to the bank for my bank statement asking them for 4months statement they said they can only give for past 3months, If I want 4months and up it will take week or 10days to release.. Is 3months statement okay?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Have you seen the Visa Office instructions for your passport in the link I posted?

I would not submit 3 months' bank statements. I would wait for 10 days for the bank to issue the necessary bank statements

Lab

Sep 20, 2017
Hello! And yes I saw it.

I have now my bank statement from June 25th to September 21st, is that okay?

Thankyou

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have now my bank statement from June 25th to September 21st, is that okay?
Absolutely not okay. The statements are for less than 2.5 months.

BTW the visa officer will check if your bank balance adds up to your salary deposits. Hopefully, your parents/someone did not make a large deposit before June 25th.

A word of caution:
You are risking a TRV refusal on many grounds.

Submitting 2.5 months' bank statements...... and you're in a hurry to apply even though you're applying as a tourist i.e. not a family visit..... will only add to the risk of a TRV refusal. It's your choice

Lab

Sep 20, 2017
Okay Thankyou I understand now, I called the bank and they said they’ll give me from January to August to be release after 5 working days. Would that be okay now?

I’m sorry I asked too much.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You bank statement must indicate your current bank balance. Do request for a bank statement from January to September (approx. to the date you're applying).

You must explain the source (with evidence) of any large, recent deposits or transfers from one of your other bank accounts

Lab

Sep 20, 2017
Hi there Maam!
Requirements all done and I already requested for bank statement from January-Sept. release will be after 5days..
Am I still good? Cos I mean my target date of leaving is Nov 17th? Can I still apply?

Thankyou

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unless you're applying from countries like the UAE, Pakistan or Nigeria where processing times are pretty long (>50 days), you're applying well in advance. This is assuming the VO does not run background checks on your application.

My advice:
Don't rush. The key for getting a TRV is strong, convincing documentation/evidence. You're applying as a tourist which makes it a bit more difficult to convince the visa office, especially if someone does not have a travel history of short visits abroad

You must prove reasons to return to your home country

Lab

Sep 20, 2017
I am applying from the Philippines and I’ve been to US twice and Thailand and Malaysia. I also upload these as my travel history and I have work here I asked for 2weeks leave only hehe will be back before Christmas.