Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
sivasagi said:
Rule 1:- Work permit should be closed work permit
Rule 2:- 1 year exp should be completed in canada with the employer mentioned on your work permit
Rule 3:- Get a reference letter from the company mnetioned on ur work permit saying that they will continue your employment for 1 more year post PR approval
I meet all the three requirements mentioned above. My current employer has given me an extension to the current employment offer until December 2021. My only concern however is that my current work permit is valid only until November 2017. In my understanding, I don't need to apply for a WP extension, assuming my PR will be processed within approximately six months after submitting my documents. Am I correct?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janaki Iyer said:
I meet all the three requirements mentioned above. My current employer has given me an extension to the current employment offer until December 2021. My only concern however is that my current work permit is valid only until November 2017. In my understanding, I don't need to apply for a WP extension, assuming my PR will be processed within approximately six months after submitting my documents. Am I correct?
You don't meet the 3rd requirement. Your letter needs to explicitly state that your employment will continue for 1 year after getting PR.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
thejkhan said:
You don't meet the 3rd requirement. Your letter needs to explicitly state that your employment will continue for 1 year after getting PR.
Well, the HR said that the extension letter can be only in a standard format and cannot be changed, and they will give me a separate letter for the PR application, which will state that I will continue to work there for one year after I am granted the permanent residence. Will that work?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janaki Iyer said:
a separate letter for the PR application, which will state that I will continue to work there for one year after I am granted the permanent residence.
I don't see any problem as long as the letter is signed by HR, your employer really means it and they can confirm that when (if) VO calls.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
thejkhan said:
I don't see any problem as long as the letter is signed by HR, your employer really means it and they can confirm that when (if) VO calls.
Yes, they will sign it and confirm if the VO calls.

manuuu

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Rule 2:- 1 year exp should be completed in canada with the employer mentioned on your work permit
Rule 3:- Get a reference letter from the company mnetioned on ur work permit saying that they will continue your employment for 1 more year post PR approval
so do we need to stick to the same employer after getting PR?
can we go for another better opportunity?

manuuu

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Hello,
I have got SINP nomination under "International Skilled Worker: Employment Offer" in Nov 2015
I started working with the same employer from June 2016 with closed work permit.
Now in my express entry it shows "A nomination from a province or territory has expired."
also i am not getiing additional 50 points for working on closed work permit for a year
Please help

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
i am working for my employer from august 2015 with open work permit and when its going to expire i extended my work permit which is closed work permit with my employer name on it. so my question is can i still claim 50 points as i have almost 2 years experience from the same employer?

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
i am working for my employer from august 2015 with open work permit and when its going to expire i extended my work permit which is closed work permit with my employer name on it. so my question is can i still claim 50 points as i have almost 2 years experience from the same employer?
Hi did you claim those 50 points?

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
Hi did you claim those 50 points?

Braravin

Dec 23, 2017
hey did you get 50 points. I am also in same situation. Dont want ti wait for year on closed work permit

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
hey did you get 50 points. I am also in same situation. Dont want ti wait for year on closed work permit
Yes i got my 50 pints and my pr is approved. Good luck