Pre-Assessed..
chinoy99 said:
Filed Citizenship Case 4th Feb 2010

Received Acknowledgment
(with citizenship guide book) Aug 2010

Citizenship Test Date 19th March 2011

Oath & Citizenship Ceremony 4th April 2011
Hi chinoy99!

So u got oath date only after 15 days ...........thats really very quick ....

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
my case as below :-
• Application received on March , 2011.
• CIC started processing my application on October 2011.
• File was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on November , 2011.
• Notice on December 30, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test .
• Test Date January 16, 2012 .
• Nothing received after that :(.

is that normal delay? please share similar cases

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So now all, i called CIC, they said it will take upto 6 months for oath, They don't see any issues with my file, i don't know why this waitConfused.... i really wanted to go to Europe for summer vacations, anyways i already received my OHIP record and since i go to doc once a month for B12 shot, my presence is very well convered in thatSmile, I also sent query for CBSA travel record which i received today( that is within 4 days, i faxed on Monday 19th) to my surprise it only shows that i landed in 2004 after that NOTHING, i travelled few times by land to USA, but there is nothing in my file..last time in 2008 my card was swaped and i paid the gst for the items i purchased from US..still nothing, do i need to look some where else in order to obtain land record?
Note:I have not received RQ or anything, i just want to gather all docs incaseOuch......

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Mary Chad said:
So now all, i called CIC, they said it will take upto 6 months for oath, They don't see any issues with my file, i don't know why this waitConfused.... i really wanted to go to Europe for summer vacations, anyways i already received my OHIP record and since i go to doc once a month for B12 shot, my presence is very well convered in thatSmile, I also sent query for CBSA travel record which i received today( that is within 4 days, i faxed on Monday 19th) to my surprise it only shows that i landed in 2004 after that NOTHING, i travelled few times by land to USA, but there is nothing in my file..last time in 2008 my card was swaped and i paid the gst for the items i purchased from US..still nothing, do i need to look some where else in order to obtain land record?
Note:I have not received RQ or anything, i just want to gather all docs incaseOuch......
Hello Mary,

Can you please provide this information?

1. How to apply for OHIP record?
2. How to apply for CBSA travel records?

Thanks,
IBM

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello IBM,
Both are very simple

1. For CBSA i faxed request letter(below) with copy of my Pr card and Passport information page, and they were very quick, answered in 5 days only via mail

Sample

Canada Border Services Agency
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
410 Laurier Avenue West, 11th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8
613-957-6408

Dear ATIP Coordinator:

Pursuant to the Privacy Act, R.S.C. 1985 c. P-21, i seek access to and copies of traveler history for myself.

I am permanent resident of Canada currently present in Canada. I wish to receive copies of the records and request to examine the information as-is i do not require translation.

To assist with your search for these records, I am providing the following additional information about myself:

Full Name: ******
Date Birth: ******
Country of Citizenship: *****
Travel Document Type: Passport
Travel Document Number: ******
Permanent Resident ID number: ******
I authorize and consent to the disclosure of my personal information to myself.

_________________________(Signature)--Very important to sign this doc
Dated: ******* (Also a MUST)
Your Address *****
Your Contact: *****
Work No: ******

2. For OHIP Record,you can obtain your "Personal Claim History (PCH)
I wrote a simple letter stating that i need to get my PCH, mentioned the following information
in letter along with the copy of my health card.

Name: ****
Address:****
Ph:*****
health card number *****
date of birth ******
time frame of history *****
mailing and physical address ******

The request must be dated and signed.
Mailed it to

Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Personal Health Information Office
Corporate Administration Services
49 Place d'Armes, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 48
Kingston ON K7L 5J3

They sent detailed package in 2 weeks.

I hope this helps...let me know if you have any other questions:)

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hello All,

I have received RQ today and asked me to provide lot of documents including health and travel documents.

As per the letter, I have 30 days to provide this information. I will be busy on this weekend. :)

Thanks,
IBM.

bash51281

Mar 6, 2012
IBM said:
Hello All,

I have received RQ today and asked me to provide lot of documents including health and travel documents.

As per the letter, I have 30 days to provide this information. I will be busy on this weekend. :)

Thanks,
IBM.
Hi IBM,
Did they update on your ecas that they request RQ?
Thanks

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Mary Chad said:
:mad:
When you had your test IBM
Test Date : Feb 15th 2012.

How long it will take to process once I mail them all RQ documents? I think I should add another 1 Year. :(

Thanks
IBM.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
No, there is no update on ecas.

I think it will be there in few days, it was same for my test date. I have received the letter first and then ecas update.

Thans
IBM

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IBM said:
Test Date : Feb 15th 2012.

How long it will take to process once I mail them all RQ documents? I think I should add another 1 Year. :(

Thanks
IBM.
Its not nessecary, there are case where after submitting the docs people had oath in 3 months, sometime they just make decision
based on that rather than sending one for judge hearing

Good Luck

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK now here is the story.... i always listen to my home VM after work, so there was nothing on it related to CIC ... but today i was just browsing back to the caller id and to my surprise i saw a call from "CIC Mississauga" on Mar 16.... I am very concerned why they called 11:00 am in morning, they should have called my cell or office number which i provided as well in the application,
i already called the main CIC on Mar 23, just to check upon status and agent said all OK but i am sleepless since i saw this missed call today..wondering what that could be an RQ??Cry

AK59

Apr 6, 2012
Hello All,
My wife and my two adult kids, studying in universities, had their citizenship test on March 7, 2012. I have not yet completed my time so haven't applied yet. My wife had a long interview with the CIC councillar lady before writing test and the councillar gave her a list of documents to submitt like OHIP record, husband work history, proof of domicile like house mortgage, incurance etc. and income tax return, notice of assesment etc. Now waiting for the OHIP record to come. My question is that is this called an RQ or an RQ is something different because in that documents list there was a seperate item which says RQ sheet attached but the councillar didn't check its box. I'll appreciate if some one can advise, thanks.

FK

Apr 9, 2012
Hello All,

this thread is very instructive.

I was also wondering if people could share their experiences of the interview before the written test. Are only the passports checked in that, or are there other questions asked?

Thanks,
FK.