14-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011 & CHC London office rvd. on 25-07-2011
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
PPR RVD ON 08-03-2012 PPs. SENT 12/03/12 CHC RVD 13/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Status has been changed to "DM" & Canadian address has also been updated.
LANDED..........
11-06-2012
Good morning everyone,

I received my family and mine AORs. today 22 September 2017 by E-mail this morning Edmonton time at 5:58 a.m.

Please update the excel sheet and wish you all the best.

Thanks,
KUR761
I can not see my status online after receiving my AORs. today. Is it normal or will it take time to show the status?

KUR761

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi guys,
Wondering if anyone faced issues updating their address online.
After I received AOR in Sep 11 by email I noticed my mail address is not the same as my home address (they were actually using the one at the time I applied for PR). So I updated the mailing address online to reflect my home address and called CIC to make sure am doing the right thing. The agent told me it will take 5 business days to see the update online. Now after almost 2 weeks I still see my old mailing address online and I didnt receive any study booklet by CIC eventhough they have mentioned online that they sent me one. Anyone faced this issue before?
Am asking because I know that they dont like it when somebody calls them frequently, anything else can be done?

Thanks,
Michael
They don't physically send the booklet, they give you a link to read it online. Click on the discover Canada link.

Last edited:

swahid

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Hi Michael,

No, I still can't see my mailing address change reflected on ECAS, though it has only been about 4 business days since I changed it.

I did some searching on the forum and other members have reported similar circumstances, whereby they changed their address on ECAS, but it did not show up properly, on-time, or at all. One member called up CIC's Call Center and the agent confirmed that CIC had the correct address all along (i.e. mailing address = home address), it's just that ECAS is out of sync.

If you received your AoR by email, I wouldn't worry about not receiving a physical copy of the study guide, cause the AoR email (at least mine) says the following:

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada study guide.
• If you are receiving this letter by email, the study guide is available on the IRCC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

Also, on the AoR PDF file, the address on the top of the document is my correct home address, which would corroborate the hypothesis that the mailing address currently on display on ECAS is out of sync.

Nevertheless, I would recommend calling the Call Center and categorically asking them what address(es) of yours they have on file. I myself will be calling on Monday morning to check.

Good luck to all of us!

Hi Swahid,

Wondering if you can see your address eventually changing online? Mine is not changing after 10 days, a bit worried because if they send me something it will go to the wrong address!!
Thanks,
Michael
Hi guys,
Wondering if anyone faced issues updating their address online.
After I received AOR in Sep 11 by email I noticed my mail address is not the same as my home address (they were actually using the one at the time I applied for PR). So I updated the mailing address online to reflect my home address and called CIC to make sure am doing the right thing. The agent told me it will take 5 business days to see the update online. Now after almost 2 weeks I still see my old mailing address online and I didnt receive any study booklet by CIC eventhough they have mentioned online that they sent me one. Anyone faced this issue before?
Am asking because I know that they dont like it when somebody calls them frequently, anything else can be done?

Thanks,
Michael

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Hi Michael,

No, I still can't see my mailing address change reflected on ECAS, though it has only been about 4 business days since I changed it.

I did some searching on the forum and other members have reported similar circumstances, whereby they changed their address on ECAS, but it did not show up properly, on-time, or at all. One member called up CIC's Call Center and the agent confirmed that CIC had the correct address all along (i.e. mailing address = home address), it's just that ECAS is out of sync.

If you received your AoR by email, I wouldn't worry about not receiving a physical copy of the study guide, cause the AoR email (at least mine) says the following:

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada study guide.
• If you are receiving this letter by email, the study guide is available on the IRCC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

Also, on the AoR PDF file, the address on the top of the document is my correct home address, which would corroborate the hypothesis that the mailing address currently on display on ECAS is out of sync.

Nevertheless, I would recommend calling the Call Center and categorically asking them what address(es) of yours they have on file. I myself will be calling on Monday morning to check.

Good luck to all of us!
Hi Swahid,

Thank you for your information. I think we are on the same boat since I have received the same think in the attachement in the AOR email and I am seeing my correct address in the corner, but who knows if that address is considered our home address or mailing address?!

Anywayz I will wait till sometime next week and see if the address will change online. If not will have to call again to make sure they have the correct mailing address.

Good luck in your call on Monday!

Michael

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Good morning everyone,

I received my family and mine AORs. today 22 September 2017 by E-mail this morning Edmonton time at 5:58 a.m.

Please update the excel sheet and wish you all the best.

Thanks,
KUR761
Congrats buddy!!!!!

2YR507

Sep 22, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm concerned about not receiving my AOR yet. Our application (myself`+ spouse from Toronto) was delivered on Aug 8 (have proof of delivery via Canada Post). Its over 45 days now and looking at the thread, it looks like I'm the only one left out.

Is there anyone in the same boat? Any suggestions on what to do?

alsaour

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm concerned about not receiving my AOR yet. Our application (myself`+ spouse from Toronto) was delivered on Aug 8 (have proof of delivery via Canada Post). Its over 45 days now and looking at the thread, it looks like I'm the only one left out.

Is there anyone in the same boat? Any suggestions on what to do?
Check your e-mail, or the Spam ?

alsaour

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
I've been checking my email everyday and the spam folder too. I've been checking my physical mailbox too just to be on the safer side.
Then you have to wait, I hope next week you'll get any updates for your case ... Good luck.

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
I've been checking my email everyday and the spam folder too. I've been checking my physical mailbox too just to be on the safer side.
Only 65% have gotten their AOR.

YieldCurve

Aug 29, 2017
Hello friends,

I just received my AOR, i.e., on 22 Sept 2017 at 22:30 EST by e-mail. Please update the excel sheet.

Application sent: 16th August 2017
Application received: 21st August 2017
AOR received: 22nd September 2017

Could someone please tell me whether email AOR has Application Number or File Number.

Best wishes for all.
YieldCurve

Last edited:
Reactions: alsaour

reeeeza

Sep 23, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 21, 2015.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 22, 2015.
  3. We started processing your application on August 10, 2015.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 2, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

reeeeza

Sep 23, 2017
We applied in May 2015 for all familly but separately (me, my daughter which was 23, my wife and son which was 15). Instead of me, they all got their citizenship grant. After passing the test on May 2016 officer asked me some questions regarding of my trips to the US and in their own errors asked me supplementary documents which I provided the day after on May 20th, 2016. After that time nothing! I don't know what can I do now. I called a couple of times to call center but the agents are saying "wait" all the time.
I've sent a letter to the supervisor officer regard of the delay too, nothing yet again.
Is there an action I can do?

alsaour

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hello friends,

I just received my AOR, i.e., on 22 Sept 2017 at 22:30 EST by e-mail. Please update the excel sheet.

Application sent: 16th August 2017
Application received: 21st August 2017
AOR received: 22nd September 2017

Could someone please tell me whether email AOR has Application Number or File Number.

Best wishes for all.
YieldCurve
Congratulations dude, your dates for sent and received same like me but I didn't get the AOR yet, I hope next week I'll get updates for my case!,
Good Luck.