+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC says IMM5710 PDF Error

khalifazada

Aug 6, 2017
Submitted my application on May 29th, 2017.

On Aug 4th received a message from CIC saying:

"I am unable to view the application in the format submitted. Please submit in PDF format. This must be received at this office by 2017/08/11."​

Needless to say I wasn't trying to submit a Word doc. To my knowledge there should not have been a PDF problem whatsoever.

Now, when I open the locally saved file to check if the PDF actually opens correctly it throws a JavaScript Validation error saying that field "7: Current Country of Residence" date must be greater than today's date.
The date I had there originally when I filled out the application was the date my Study Permit expires which was July 31st. Well ahead of the 29th of May. Today is August 6th and obviously this date is no longer acceptable, my permit has expired but I am on implied status. Thus this is not the issue.

The problem is that it will not save it with a "Validated: YES" status until I fix the date error. I actually do not want to change anything in the PDF. All I want to do is save a fresh copy with all the info intact. I do not want to change the date of residence to an arbitrary future date either, as that would not be exact. It might also pose risk of refusal if I submit an application with false information. In addition I suspect this would also require me to change the date down at the bottom of the PDF besides the signature as I would be editing the PDF right now, and the original date (29th of May) is also no longer true.

Has anyone encountered a similar PDF issue or has anyone received a similar message from CIC that far in the processing time?

As of today, I am thinking of just re-uploading the same old file or would anyone more experienced advise something else?

Many thanks to everyone for your input and advice.