+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC-online application status

k1940b

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Applied Sydney NS 8 Jan 2009, AOR 16 Jan Received 10 Feb. Application recommended to visa office for further assessment. On line status on 16 FEB shows "withdrawn". check detail shows " We started processing your application on January 15, 2009. "

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

Quite confusing. Seniors, please comment.

k1940b

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Thanks rupeshhari. You are doing a great job to help people clear their doubts and find solutions to their immigration questions. I had been following your impressive and knowledgable postings. God bless you. Keep helping people.

dan.coper

Jan 27, 2009
Yes, I confirm seeing the same online status for my application. I emailed Buffalo about this issue and they replied that my application has NOT been withdrawn and that:

"Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) frequently does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.'

The really scary part, at least in my case, was that my wife did request her application's withdrawal (my wife being principal applicant on this different application). She applied last year but not on the 38 list, NO AOR or File # received yet. We were convinced that they had incorrectly withdrawn my application (that shows me as principal applicant) instead of hers. Imagine the stress the last few days! :)

By the way, does anyone know how soon we should expect to receive a confirmation about her application's withdrawal? She faxed her signed request for withdrawal more than 2 weeks ago, we have received no calls or e-mails from them yet. Thanks!

Michigander

Jan 8, 2009
I applied to Buffalo sometime in June. My occupation is not in the 38 list. Just checked my online status it says

"We started processing your application on June 25, 2008.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I have no idea whats going to happen next. Any similar experiences?

spirit0176

Jan 29, 2009
Dear All,
I checked my status yesterday. It shows - RAHUL KUMAR - Withdrawn
We started processing your application on January 16, 2009.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. I guess somebody had the same issue ..what does this means..rk

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
Its doesn mean that ur file with-drawn..wait for 2 weeks-3 weeks u will get glad news from..consulate..they wont respond to your file over the phone or e-mail at anytime..they get back to u..u have to wait.. in which ctgry u r in is it Student visa?

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
What about this? My status does not even show on the website even though I have received the letter from sydney recommending my case for further assessment! Any similar experiences?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wpc71 said:
What about this? My status does not even show on the website even though I have received the letter from sydney recommending my case for further assessment! Any similar experiences?
It should state on Ecas, withdrawn, and once it reaches the overseas office, you should see it again on ecas.

PMM

pipa

Mar 23, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

wpc71 said:
It should state on Ecas, withdrawn, and once it reaches the overseas office, you should see it again on ecas.

PMM
Same case here...it doesn't even recognize me....it says I entered something wrong...but i checked everything and made sure everything is alright....still it says something went wrong.....dont know why...

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
pipa,
I guess this is not important. After you submit the full application, you will receive a new B# and that is what you need to check.

ammarshahin

Feb 3, 2009
Please help,,
My application was submitted on march 08th 2008 to Baffulo, AOR July 2008
NOC on the list
January 17th 2009, Received letter from the immigration asking for IELTS,Police Clearance certificate and proof of family relationship in Canada ( Brother ) and was given 60 days to submit my documents ( till March 17th), test was taken already, got the PCC ASAP documents were sent to the consulate , March 6th, today the status of application online changed to "Decision made ", I did not do medicals yet, some poeple on this forum said that this after Feb 28th does not mean rejection, I am very anxious , I have an attorny and my points are

Education 20
Experience 21
Age 10
English per IELTS 14
relative in Canada ( brother ) 5

Total 70

Please help
Ammar

abd76

May 28, 2010
I have sent my application to CIC Sydney about 1 month back. How can I check application status? I am searcing on Canada Immigration Website , but I don't see any link where I can check status at CIC Sydney.

I have not received anything back from CIC Sydney yet.

dipti_ashish

Jul 12, 2010
Hey, How to check our application status? I applied in March, 2010 bt havent received ny reply yet. I also recently found that skilled worker check list is modified n there I found my category is removed.

P

pv

you should not worry, since you applied in March 2010 and this new list is effective from 26th June 2010..

For checking online status of your application

Visit this URL-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp
and click on right hand side menu Check Application Status link and then onwards

but you need the file no# which starts with Bxxxxxx to check your application status

good luck