+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Tax Benefit Cancellation

kpineda

Jul 14, 2015
My daughter and I left Canada and moved back to the Philippines last May 7, 2017 since employment contract has ended. As per checking our benefits in CRA, we are still receiving child tax benefit. My accountant said there's no need to cancel this benefit since it has been computed for the previous year. May I know if the info I got is accurate or do we need to request CRA for the cancellation of this benefit? If yes, may I know the preocedure for cancellation. Thanks.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
My daughter and I left Canada and moved back to the Philippines last May 7, 2017 since employment contract has ended. As per checking our benefits in CRA, we are still receiving child tax benefit. My accountant said there's no need to cancel this benefit since it has been computed for the previous year. May I know if the info I got is accurate or do we need to request CRA for the cancellation of this benefit? If yes, may I know the preocedure for cancellation. Thanks.
Your accountant is wrong. you need to call the CRA and inform them that you have left the country ASAP.