Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
godsservant said:
Thanks rCohen

I would apply for my baby, outside Canada.

Later in May end when she reach canada on Visitor Visa....what would be step ahead.

Cheers
i don't understand your question. you can apply for your child's pr before or after she arrives in canada as a visitor.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

godsservant said:
Thanks rCohen

I would apply for my baby, outside Canada.

Later in May end when she reach canada on Visitor Visa....what would be step ahead.

Cheers
1. Except with the child being in India, then the processing will be in New Delhi, rather than Ottawa (if she is admitted for a year). So how do you intend to get her passport back to ND for the COPR and Visa? It is illegal to mail courier passports in/out of India.

godsservant

Dec 11, 2014
Sorry for confusion..

My baby has got TRV and she would be coming to Canada in May.

Question - I should apply for her PR now, while she is still in India, or Apply, when she reach Canada as Visitor.

Also, I would be applying for her as Candidate outside Canada, or from inside canada.

Cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

godsservant said:
Sorry for confusion..

My baby has got TRV and she would be coming to Canada in May.

Question - I should apply for her PR now, while she is still in India, or Apply, when she reach Canada as Visitor.

Also, I would be applying for her as Candidate outside Canada, or from inside canada.

Cheers
1. Apply once she is in Canada, ensure that at the POE that the officer issues here a 1 year visitor permit, will make life easier as the application will then probably be processed in Ottawa (as an outside application)
2. There is no "in Canada " processing for children, it has to be an outside application.

Tulip14

Oct 26, 2015
My Son born outside of Canada (non -US/non visa waiver country) . Me and my husband both have PR cards . We would like to return to Canada. We will be sponsoring our child from Canada for PR .
In regards to that, We applied for TRV for child . But it was refused . They mentioned in refusal letter that the parents must submit a "family class sponsorship". We dont want to leave our little child during his sponsorship application 's processing period . We want to go together and stay in Canada while we will do his sponsorship.

Now the questions, Will we have in a job or one of us will have in a job at canada when we sponsor our child? or Do we need minimum necessary income for sponsoring the child ?

Should i re-apppy for TRV and explain that we cannot leave our child behind while starting his sponsorship ? or what would be the best approach /explanation to them if i go in that route . please help us if any one face similar situation.

It would be highly appreciated if any one comment on this matter .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tulip14 said:
My Son born outside of Canada (non -US/non visa waiver country) . Me and my husband both have PR cards . We would like to return to Canada. We will be sponsoring our child from Canada for PR .
In regards to that, We applied for TRV for child . But it was refused . They mentioned in refusal letter that the parents must submit a "family class sponsorship". We dont want to leave our little child during his sponsorship application 's processing period . We want to go together and stay in Canada while we will do his sponsorship.

Now the questions, Will we have in a job or one of us will have in a job at canada when we sponsor our child? or Do we need minimum necessary income for sponsoring the child ?

Should i re-apppy for TRV and explain that we cannot leave our child behind while starting his sponsorship ? or what would be the best approach /explanation to them if i go in that route . please help us if any one face similar situation.
Apply for a TRP. If that is also refused and you don't wish to leave your child alone in your home country - then either you or your husband will have to move to Canada first so that the application to sponsor your child can be submitted - while the other parent remains behind with the child to wait for the PR application to be processed and approved.

tahmid123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Apply for a TRP. If that is also refused and you don't wish to leave your child alone in your home country - then either you or your husband will have to move to Canada first so that the application to sponsor your child can be submitted - while the other parent remains behind with the child to wait for the PR application to be processed and approved.
How many days, it take time to get PR for child in this case.

Tulip14

Oct 26, 2015
Tulip14 said:
In regards to that, We applied for TRV for child . But it was refused . They mentioned in refusal letter that the parents must submit a "family class sponsorship". We dont want to leave our little child during his sponsorship application 's processing period. We want to go together and stay in Canada while we will do his sponsorship.

It would be highly appreciated if anyone comment on this matter.
"scylla" Thanks for your suggestion, I could not find TRP form, Could you please paste the link or form number? is it mandatory for either husband or wife to stay in Canada until the sponsorship application is finalized ? or we can come back anytime?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tulip14 said:
"scylla" Thanks for your suggestion, I could not find TRP form, Could you please paste the link or form number? is it mandatory for either husband or wife to stay in Canada until the sponsorship application is finalized ? or we can come back anytime?
It is mandatory that the husband or wife remain in Canada until the application is finalized. One or two short trips (e.g. 2 weeks) outside of Canada is fine. Anything longer and you risk having the PR application refused due to lack of physical residency.

Information on how to apply for a TRP can be found here - you effectively follow the TRV process but specify that you are asking for a TRP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tahmid123 said:
How many days, it take time to get PR for child in this case.
It depends where you are from. However it will take months - not days.

Tulip14

Oct 26, 2015
Tulip14 said:
It is mandatory that the husband or wife remain in Canada until the application is finalized. One or two short trips (e.g. 2 weeks) outside of Canada is fine. Anything longer and you risk having the PR application refused due to lack of physical residency.

Information on how to apply for a TRP can be found here - you effectively follow the TRV process but specify that you are asking for a TRP:
--(cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp)

Thanks again for quick response. I tried the link but I l was looking to specifically on TRP . But it is going all over the place. Did you mean to use same TRV form ? and categorizations would be "TRP" but i revisit the form and it categorizes only two- 1) visitor visa 2) Transit. it would be helpful if you could point out in detail.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tulip14 said:
Thanks again for quick response. I tried the link but I l was looking to specifically on TRP . But it is going all over the place. Did you mean to use same TRV form ? and categorizations would be "TRP" but i revisit the form and it categorizes only two- 1) visitor visa 2) Transit. it would be helpful if you could point out in detail.
Use the TRV form and tick/select 'other' in the details of my visit section. Include a separate letter asking for a TRP and the reason for this. You need to include the correct fee for the TRP (C$200). If the TRP is denied then one parent typically remains with the child and the other parent returns to Canada to initiate a Family Class sponsorship. The sponsor must be in compliance of the RO obligation and 'reside' in Canada throughout the sponsorship process to avoid complications.

Tulip14

Oct 26, 2015
I am having some trouble filling out form IMM 5481(Sponsorship Evaluation) about the current situation(unemployed/employed and net income) and a total number of person. We both are permanent resident holders and has never sponsored before.

The form asks if you are Employed or Unemployed( Give details of your current situation and indicate how you support yourself ) and Net income
They ask not to leave any questions blank.What to write in them? " Not applicable" ??
However, We called CIC Call centre and they informed that there is no income requirement for child sponsorship. Is that mean I don't need to fill up Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481) for my "child " sponsorships?

if it is a required document/form then I am currently jobless or on maternity leave and I would like to sponsor my child. I am just not sure whether to leave them as "Not applicable" with an application. we are planning to send a letter/blank space telling them that I am supporting myself financially from inheritance income but was never in Welfare, I am going to support the sponsor(son) once he arrives in Canada. In the mean time, I will find the job.

I filled my taxes last year, Do I require to submit Option C even if i were mention as an Unemployed in the form?

the next part of my question TOTAL, on the same form, I never had any previous undertakings so what would be the count without having trouble with application.?

4.)YOURSELF >>1
5A) current Undertaking (child) >>1
=========================
Total number of person >> 2

or Do I have to include 6A ( your spouse or common- law partner. provide details on the back of this page.) in our total count even though we both are PR holders?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Tulip14

Oct 26, 2015
Could any senior members guide on this matter? I need your kind attention ??

I am having some trouble filling out form IMM 5481(Sponsorship Evaluation) about the current situation(unemployed/employed and net income) and a total number of person. We both are permanent resident holders and has never sponsored before.

The form asks if you are Employed or Unemployed( Give details of your current situation and indicate how you support yourself ) and Net income
They ask not to leave any questions blank.What to write in them? " Not applicable" ??
However, We called CIC Call centre and they informed that there is no income requirement for child sponsorship. Is that mean I don't need to fill up Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481) for my "child " sponsorships?

if it is a required document/form then I am currently jobless or on maternity leave and I would like to sponsor my child. I am just not sure whether to leave them as "Not applicable" with an application. we are planning to send a letter/blank space telling them that I am supporting myself financially from inheritance income but was never in Welfare, I am going to support the sponsor(son) once he arrives in Canada. In the mean time, I will find the job.

I filled my taxes last year, Do I require to submit Option C even if i were mention as an Unemployed in the form?

the next part of my question TOTAL, on the same form, I never had any previous undertakings so what would be the count without having trouble with application.?

4.)YOURSELF >>1
5A) current Undertaking (child) >>1
=========================
Total number of person >> 2

or Do I have to include 6A ( your spouse or common- law partner. provide details on the back of this page.) in our total count even though we both are PR holders?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Are you jobless or on maternity leave? If the latter, just put "Employed" and explain exactly what you explained here, along with the relevant proof. Maternity leave means you still have a job, you are just "taking a break".

Everyone has to do this for every PR application, whether there are financial requirements or not.